Star Wars Discussion Thread
6,151,135 Views | 44595 Replies
Decay
12:31p, 5/29/24
Obviously she cares too much. George Lucas all over again!
jokershady
10:48p, 5/29/24
Ok…not sure if this is old news but my mind got blown earlier tonight with one of my kids Star Wars legos…..

One of them got an R2D2 statue thing…similar box to the various helmets of Star Wars characters and backgrounds….and this one had a figure for some sort of 25 year celebration of Star Wars…..

When I looked at the character I had to do a double take because I was always under the impression that this character and this characters story were NOT canon to Star Wars…..

The character is Darth Malak from the original KOTOR! No joke….i even had to look up the character from the game to make sure and it definitely is…..

I was always under the impression that the Star Wars toys Lego puts out has to be confirmed and approved my Lucasfilm……

So how are we to interpret this????
The Porkchop Express
11:14p, 5/29/24
In reply to jokershady
They put him and most of the other KOTOR characters into the app game Galaxy of Heroes a couple of years ago, so they appear to be not so tight with the ip anymore
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jokershady
12:04a, 5/30/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
Well that's underwhelming….

sburg2007
5:41a
In reply to jokershady
There's a Jedi Bob coming out too.
bluefire579
6:06a
In reply to The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

They put him and most of the other KOTOR characters into the app game Galaxy of Heroes a couple of years ago, so they appear to be not so tight with the ip anymore
Galaxy of Heroes and Lego stuff don't really have to stick to the canon since you're not really adding any story aspects. That's why the recent Lego game can have Darth JarJar, or the Lego holiday special can have all the time travel stuff. Allows them to do fan service type things without having to make the lore really work.

GoH in particular has added like three original characters that I'm sure you won't find in any comics or shows or whatever anytime soon.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1275 of 1275
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings