New Guitar Day
303,194 Views | 4158 Replies
G.I.Bro
1:39p, 5/11/24
I need to thin the herd but the thought of packing a guitar for shipment gives me anxiety and the thought of selling it to a local store or GC for 40% of what I could get in direct sell makes me angry
Aggie Therapist
1:39p, 5/11/24
In reply to G.I.Bro
What you getting rid of and where do you live?
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
maroon barchetta
1:43p, 5/11/24
In reply to G.I.Bro
Sell here
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
1:45p, 5/11/24
In reply to G.I.Bro
Sweet new guitar!

Now let's see the rest of that collection…
Quincey P. Morris
2:36p, 5/11/24
In reply to G.I.Bro
G.I.Bro said:

I need to thin the herd but the thought of packing a guitar for shipment gives me anxiety and the thought of selling it to a local store or GC for 40% of what I could get in direct sell makes me angry

I do Facebook Marketplace. You have to weed through scam artists and low ballers, but it's easier than the others.
Aggie Therapist
3:32p, 5/12/24
Sweet mag cover. Going to hold on to this one.

Can someone loan me $9,000?

Only 50 guitars made.
Aggie Therapist
8:37p, 5/12/24
This was my first guitar. $99 in a box set at Guitar Center in Chicago. Came with a ****ty amp too!

I remember telling my dad "I think I'll sound better with better gear"……we went to a local metal band practice house and the lead guitarist played it and my jaw just dropped……I was 15 at the time. But it ain't the guitar, it's the guitarist!
G.I.Bro
2:23p, 5/13/24
Just got a Maxon OD808. Goodbye productivity, hello tinnitus
Aggie Therapist
2:55p, 5/13/24
In reply to G.I.Bro
How does that compare to the OG tube screamer?
jvd2002
2:59p, 5/13/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

I was wondering the same thing and found this article...

https://guitar.com/reviews/effects-pedal/maxon-od808-od-9/

But curious to hear GIBro's thoughts as well!
G.I.Bro
3:24p, 5/13/24
My brothers in Christ, I'm the last person to ask. Idk all the appropriate toan words like warm, creamy, or scrongy to appropriately convey the differences. I also have an Ibanez TS9DX so I will do a side by side, but I'm warning you now I doubt I'll be much help
Aggie Therapist
3:36p, 5/13/24
In reply to G.I.Bro
Just record yourself and load it up on YouTube

Judgement free zone
Aggie Therapist
5:45p, 5/13/24
It was rock n roll day at work.

My clinical operations director said no more sleeveless shirts……
jvd2002
6:19p, 5/13/24
Apparently he can't read…..because anyone with basic comprehension would know that shirt is bad ass!!
Garrelli 5000
7:59p, 5/13/24
Parents bought me a cheap Chinese brand acoustic at a pawn shop for my 15th bday. Later that year I saved enough to buy my first electric. A used Kramer Focus 1000. Spitting image of this one. I've always regretted getting rid of it. Bang for your buck killer guitar.

Take the trash out staff.
Slicer97
8:24a, 5/14/24
Aggie Therapist said:

I think they're basically the same thing. I seem to recall reading something about Maxon built or designed the 808 for Ibanez.
Cromagnum
8:46a, 5/14/24
Aggie Therapist said:

It was rock n roll day at work.

My clinical operations director said no more sleeveless shirts……

To be fair, Pantera isn't rock and roll.
Aggie Therapist
9:00a, 5/14/24
In reply to Cromagnum
Yeah.

I don't care.
slaughtr
10:57a, 5/16/24
I'm a fan of Cole Clark's acoustic PG3 system with a Piezo at the bridge, face sensor and mic providing bass, mids and highs that is very adaptable, but I decided to trade my CC Fat Lady II for their new hybrid guitar. It combines their PG3 system with single coils and/or humbuckers for a hybrid acoustic/electric. The challenge was to tune each magnet separately to work with the variable amount of electromagnetic material in typical acoustic strings. They somehow managed to pull it off and the guitar has 2 outputs that allow you to play acoustic, electric or both at the same time through 2 amp/PA's.

Playing and hearing both at the same time is wild. I had the electric going through my Vox with a small amount of distortion and the acoustic going through my Spark with a tough of delay and reverb and it was cool as hell.

Echoes97
11:39a, 5/16/24
In reply to slaughtr
That's badass! I'm sure you can get some crazy unique sounds out of that thing! Congrats!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
slaughtr
11:43a, 5/16/24
maroon barchetta
10:57a, 5/17/24
If you want some D'Addario 10's for your electric guitar at only $3.33 per set (plus possible shipping costs), click below.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/daddario-exl110-12p-nickel-wound-light-electric-guitar-string-12-pack/j26823000000000
Aggie Therapist
9:27p, 5/17/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
Ideal for blues/metal?
maroon barchetta
10:29p, 5/17/24
Ummm sure?

I don't know. I would say yes but I like a good deal on strings. I don't change mine often enough. This will help.
maroon barchetta
12:39p, 5/18/24
Which of you is this?
johnnyblaze36
1:36p, 5/18/24
In reply to slaughtr
My God in heaven that is magnificent. I love all things Cole Clark.
Quincey P. Morris
1:45p, 5/18/24
maroon barchetta said:

Which of you is this?

A guy I used to work with had that style of plate and I kinda think that might have been his.
maroon barchetta
3:49p, 5/18/24
In reply to Quincey P. Morris
He's internet famous!
Quincey P. Morris
3:56p, 5/18/24
maroon barchetta said:

He's internet famous!

We were somewhat acquainted so I'm not sure, but I think he's an Aggie.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 119 of 119
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings