Current ATF wait time?
170,867 Views | 1732 Replies
3rdGenAg05
11:55a, 5/16/24
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

So speaking of trusts, what is the process for adding somebody to a trust? Right now my trust is just me, with my wife as heir to the trust. How easy is it to add her as a member of the trust?

Assuming you had an attorney create the trust, just have them amend it. It's simple. I'm sure the attorney will charge you a small fee. Depending on her "status" (not sure of correct legal jargon) on the trust, she may have to get fingerprinted, etc.
FamousAgg
4:22p, 5/16/24
In reply to 3rdGenAg05
****Not a Lawyer *****
My trust came with a form that is filled out to add someone and another that is filled out to remove someone. I don't think they have to be photographed or printed until you add something new the trust. I think if property is already part of the trust they don't have the be printed and all that to join, only when we things are added
FTAG 2000
5:17p, 5/16/24
In reply to 3rdGenAg05
3rdGenAg05 said:

Individual on this one. My other stuff is in a trust. I'll transfer this one to the trust eventually and pay another $200. I just know the individuals are getting approved really fast right now, so I can have it now and possess it the entire time I'm waiting for it to transfer to family trust…that was worth an extra $200 to me.

Famous covered the pros/cons from my perspective. Family Trust allows more members of our family to own and possess them, including kids once they're of age.

Thanks. I've got a trust already, was just pondering doing an individual one to get one quicker like you.

Was trying to figure out what I'm missing or what the negatives are outside of the additional tax.
ttha_aggie_09
5:23p, 5/16/24
In reply to FTAG 2000
At this rate, I'm just going to buy my next ones under the trust. If it was days like others on here, great. Since it is at least a month and a half now, I might as well do the trust and just wait 7-8 months and avoid a $200 transfer fee later.
ttha_aggie_09
6:10p, 5/16/24
In reply to FamousAgg
Not a lawyer or an expert but my trust is revocable and I've pulled people off before in the past and using the 41f amendment (I think that's what it's called) to do so. The way I understand it is that I can add or remove people from the trust at my discretion and doing so can help alleviate the need to get everyone fingerprinted on the trust every time a new item requiring a tax stamp is purchased.
Jwl06
12:52p, 5/17/24
I'll chime in with my experience for everyone debating individual vs trust. Submitted eforms for 1 purchased from silencer shop on 2/20/24 and 2 purchased from primary arms on 3/16. I used SS single shot trusts for all. Approved for all 3 on 5/8.
DannyO
12:04p, 5/20/24
Submitted 1/27/24
Approved 5/20/24

Single Shot Trust
O.G.
1:20p, 5/20/24
I became a Life Member of the NRA this past weekend at the convention in Dallas and got a free can from Silencer Central. It was for a .22lr & you could upgrade to a different one if you wanted to pay the difference in the cost + the $200 theft.
El Chupacabra
5:08p, 5/20/24
In reply to El Chupacabra
El Chupacabra said:

El Chupacabra said:

Capitol Armory Order

Card swiped for Hybrid 46 and Omega 300 (and fingerprint kit) on Jan 5.
Fingerprint kit delivered Jan 10
Fingerprints mailed Jan 11
Fingerprints uploaded Jan 19
ATF Form 4 DocuSigned Jan 19. I guess this is the 'official' start of the process.
Eform4 officially submitted 1/22/24

Now time to forget about it until the day the FATF decides to allow me to have my toys.

Approved today. Should have in hand in <3weeks. (This was in a trust).
May 17 - dropped off at my front door.
Bag
2:51p, 5/23/24
Form 1 submitted 7/19/2023

Still waiting
ttha_aggie_09
3:38p, 5/23/24
What the heck causes the discrepancy in turn around time? Is it common names have longer waits? Is it certain folks require higher level of scrutiny?

Just seems weird how some people have theirs turned around so quickly and others wait way longer for exact same thing.
tandy miller
3:40p, 5/23/24
In reply to ttha_aggie_09
ttha_aggie_09 said:

What the heck causes the discrepancy in turn around time? Is it common names have longer waits? Is it certain folks require higher level of scrutiny?

Just seems weird how some people have theirs turned around so quickly and others wait way longer for exact same thing.

I genuinely think it is luck of the draw
FamousAgg
3:51p, 5/23/24
form 1 vs form 4 makes a difference for some reason
ttha_aggie_09
3:56p, 5/23/24
In reply to tandy miller
I think this is right unfortunately. SOP for government I suppose
tandy miller
3:59p, 5/23/24
In reply to ttha_aggie_09
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I think this is right unfortunately. SOP for government I suppose

Case in point: my suppressors ranged from 120-280 days. Same filing method, same LGS, etc
Charismatic Megafauna
4:35p, 5/23/24
I was chatting with my local gun pusher this week and he said the individual apps are the only ones he's seeing going through in 48hr to 1wk, any kind of trust (including the one shots) are still taking a while
aggieforester05
4:38p, 5/23/24
In reply to Charismatic Megafauna
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I was chatting with my local gun pusher this week and he said the individual apps are the only ones he's seeing going through in 48hr to 1wk, any kind of trust (including the one shots) are still taking a while
I'm a few days short of half a year on an individual F4. Three more that are almost two months. I don't get it!
tk111
11:18a, 5/24/24
In reply to tandy miller
tandy miller said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

I genuinely think it is luck of the draw
the kind of luck that comes from utter incompetence
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 50 of 50
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode