Cenral Texas Humid Weather
2,013 Views | 24 Replies
Thunderstruck xx
6:11p, 5/6/24
Is anyone else going insane from the constant high humidity and wet weather we've had since April? I know the rain is good, but when will it stop?
zooguy96
6:12p, 5/6/24
It's nice and 77 here in East Tennessee.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
SunrayAg
6:12p, 5/6/24
Just move in?
giddings_ag_06
6:21p, 5/6/24
Isn't it always like this until June when it gets to 110 and can't be humid anymore because it evaporates?
SteveBott
6:25p, 5/6/24
Harris county says 'here hold my beer'.
Thunderstruck xx
6:32p, 5/6/24
In reply to giddings_ag_06
It seems humid/rainy for longer stretches this year. Probably El Nino. I've started to get more annoyed by it lately. Maybe I need to move. Definitely not to Florida.
CS78
6:35p, 5/6/24
Ill take it over everything being brown and dead and the ground crunching when you walk.
TikkaShooter
6:38p, 5/6/24
Still in extreme drought. Would gladly take your humidity :/
Caladan
6:43p, 5/6/24
82 degrees with 14% humidity at 4:30pm where I live (S.E. AZ), so I feel for ya.

Just kidding. Deep down inside, I'm laughing my head off with one of those treacherous villain laughs...

C
AggieOO
7:23p, 5/6/24
In reply to giddings_ag_06
giddings_ag_06 said:

Isn't it always like this until June when it gets to 110 and can't be humid anymore because it evaporates?

It's still crazy humid in the mornings before it boils off.
NRH ag 10
8:34p, 5/6/24
I was pretty chilly on my mountain bike ride this morning...in Golden, CO.
jja79
9:28p, 5/6/24
56 degrees with 12% humidity at 6AM this morning, 84 degrees with 8% humidity at 4PM at my house in Arizona. Next week is my 1 year anniversary of escaping Harris County. Don't miss it.
country
10:23p, 5/6/24
I'll never complain about humidity and wet weather in Central Texas. The next drought and high feed bills are right around the corner. We are in a perpetual drought interrupted by a couple of years of rain here and there and always have been.
texags08
8:29a, 5/7/24
No clue how long you have lived in the area, but this sounds like a complaint from a transplant that decided to move here after they visited during the one or two nice weekends we have per year where it's 55 at night and 80 during the day with under 20% humidity.

There are two choices here. 102+ and dry or 85-95 and humid as hell from all the rain. Then there's the transition days between the two that rarely result in nice days.

So sounds like you want 102+ with no water, no clouds, and brutal sun.

The Fife
9:08a, 5/7/24
In reply to SteveBott
SteveBott said:

Harris county says 'here hold my beer'.
Charleston, SC says 'here, hold my bucket of sweat'
AgResearch
9:17a, 5/7/24
The Midwest thanks you for having a humid spring. It's fueling a much needed rainy spring up here.

We haven't planted a single acre since April 25th and looks like it could be another week before we're back at it. Though there are chances of rain through Thursday so it could be longer. Need every drop but a little frustrating when we only need 2-3 clear days to finish getting the crops in.
MouthBQ98
9:22a, 5/7/24
It's humid east of I-35. West of it they're still very dry and need more actual rainfall.
Cromagnum
9:31a, 5/7/24
It's currently 80 with 95% humidity here, and heat index will be north of 100 for next two days. Don't wanna hear about it.
texags08
9:31a, 5/7/24
In reply to MouthBQ98
MouthBQ98 said:

It's humid east of I-35. West of it they're still very dry and need more actual rainfall.

The hill country rain dome is preventing all that humidity from falling. It's still humid as hell west of 35.
Drip99
9:36a, 5/7/24
In reply to MouthBQ98
MouthBQ98 said:

I live in dripping springs and its super humid. We need rain to fall in Kerrville (canyon lake) an up by llano for buchanan and travis which are all super low. It can rain 10" in downtown austin and really do nothing to help the "drought". The drought monitor from 5 days ago has llano and san saba counties in dry to moderate drought (not extreme or exceptional) and that will likely change after the rains we had over the last week. Having humid days does not help it either....its just annoying and does not equal rain in the right spots.

The constant push for development and more business, people etc. is not helping either. They have been building houses at an alarming rate for a decade now with lush green yards and HOA that require you to keep up yard appeal. At what point are we/they going to realize that the resources here cannot support rapid growth? You can only put so many straws in the drink...at some point the cup is empty.
MouthBQ98
9:45a, 5/7/24
In reply to texags08
Yeah, that humidity just isn't tripping off cloud formation into thundershowers in the afternoons. Yes, water conservation does need to be the standard in central texas. It isn't Florida. Lawns need to be native grasses that aren't watered ever.

I never water my lawn. It goes brown in the summer but it is still alive and if we get some good rains, it greens up and resumes growing. Helps I have no HOA with rules developed for different climates.
texags08
2:20p, 5/7/24
In reply to MouthBQ98
Agree, but that's not the way it read on the original post. West of 35 is not relatively dry from an air moisture standpoint compared to east of 35. It's just the fact that it hast dropped.
MouthBQ98
2:32p, 5/7/24
In reply to texags08
Sorry, I meant it from a lack of actual rainfall standpoint. I go to the gym twice a week at 6am on the north side of Austin and it has been very humid. SE wind pattern.
justnobody79
2:41p, 5/7/24
it is Central Texas and May. Of course it is going to be humid. There has been tons of rain west of 35 but the problem for most of the hill country is that rain has been north of U.S. 190
Thunderstruck xx
3:00p, 5/7/24
Looks like we may have a north wind blowing in on Thursday/Friday to start lowering the humidity into the 50s. Thank God for that.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings