At least all the t-shirt Aggie fans are
7,830 Views | 60 Replies
dcg4403
3:59p, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

finally jumping off the bandwagon. Stop paying attention to those so damn negative and have no ties to the school. People who never graduated from tu or A&M seem to let college football take over their well-being to a point where it becomes insufferable.

We will have ups and downs in football but Aggieland will always be home and the best damn campus on the planet. I was a prospective student during Fran's last years and my first Aggie football game was us losing to Arkansas State under Mike Sherman. If all you want is football and that's your only measure of value in the University then go follow some other school. If you got an Aggie Ring, where it with pride and remember those were the best four years of your life. Gig 'Em!
I apologize for this arrogant idiots remarks! The attitude that you are not a true Aggie fan unless you are a graduate is narcissism you see coming from Longhorn fans. This poster deserves a good ole Aggie beat down.

Thank all fans for buying tickets and wearing Aggie gear!

And if you do not like what you read in a forum specific to "Aggie Football" then delete your account and shut the heck up. Most the die hard Aggie fans are PISSED as HELL and we all have the right to be. Jimbo Fisher does not have this program under control.
Post removed:
by user
4:15p, 10/3/21
Loren Visser
4:19p, 10/3/21
In reply to NavyVetAg
NavyVetAg said:

I resemble this criticism. I had always wanted to go to A&M, I didn't. I chose to serve my country instead of going to college out of high school. I grew up near there, most of my family and friends went there, it's an exclusive club - I get it. But I've always supported the team and I have suffered a whole bunch of bad seasons in my 49 years. I'll be at the game next week. Rain or shine. Win or lose.
Well, evidently, you're not welcome here. Sorry buddy.
Post removed:
by user
4:20p, 10/3/21
PascalsWager
4:22p, 10/3/21
In reply to Kellso
Kellso said:

I love the team when they win and hate them with a burning hot passion when they lose. That does not make me a fair weather fan, or a bandwagon jumper.

Give this thing some time. I see it turning around.
The problem is you're looking at 2-3 years. The throwaway seasons in a row. The offense and defense align in 2023-24 probably. Maybe even in 2024-25.

The excuses for next season are pretty legitimate. To be fair, we can have different expectations for the program. If your idea of turning it around is going 8-5 for two season in a row, then I guess you'll be happy.
Jeremiah Johnson
4:23p, 10/3/21
In reply to MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

finally jumping off the bandwagon. Stop paying attention to those so damn negative and have no ties to the school. People who never graduated from tu or A&M seem to let college football take over their well-being to a point where it becomes insufferable.

We will have ups and downs in football but Aggieland will always be home and the best damn campus on the planet. I was a prospective student during Fran's last years and my first Aggie football game was us losing to Arkansas State under Mike Sherman. If all you want is football and that's your only measure of value in the University then go follow some other school. If you got an Aggie Ring, where it with pride and remember those were the best four years of your life. Gig 'Em!

I say Where you're Aggie ring or Aggie gere with pride wearever you'd like.
NavyVetAg
11:32a, 5/3/24
In reply to NavyVetAg
NavyVetAg said:

I resemble this criticism. I had always wanted to go to A&M, I didn't. I chose to serve my country instead of going to college out of high school. I grew up near there, most of my family and friends went there, it's an exclusive club - I get it. But I've always supported the team and I have suffered a whole bunch of bad seasons in my 49 years. I'll be at the game next week. Rain or shine. Win or lose.

Just got accepted by TAMU to start grad school this fall. Trading in my t-shirt for a ring. Can't wait to get started
ahpetty33
11:58a, 5/3/24
In reply to NavyVetAg
Congratulations!
StinkyPinky
1:09p, 5/3/24
In reply to NavyVetAg
NavyVetAg said:

NavyVetAg said:

Just got accepted by TAMU to start grad school this fall. Trading in my t-shirt for a ring. Can't wait to get started

And now my week is complete! Congrats!
TexasAGGIEinAR
1:32p, 5/3/24
In reply to NavyVetAg
Congrats! I'll still be in t-shirt status, but never getting off the bandwagon...been rolling on since the 80's!
gaudiz
1:48p, 5/3/24
Grow up and be inclusive. We need more and more t-shirt fans, hat fans, or whatever from nationwide if we wanna be part of national champions.
greg.w.h
3:04p, 5/3/24
In reply to gaudiz
gaudiz said:

Grow up and be inclusive. We need more and more t-shirt fans, hat fans, or whatever from nationwide if we wanna be part of national champions.
Stop trying to reason with the highway six running both ways people.
Aggie Class of 2026
4:08p, 5/3/24
In reply to MarathonAg12
Quote:

If you got an Aggie Ring, where it with pride

Where it wear?
83Aggie
4:30p, 5/3/24
It is what's in your heart that matters. I wear my ring, and when I walk onto an airplane I like to flash it especially if the flight is to Birmingham, Austin, or Lubbock. But if you don't have a ring that does not make you less of a fan.
NavyVetAg
7:00p, 5/3/24
In all seriousness. My wife finished her masters a couple years ago. I started to get the itch to work on mine. Mid-life crisis I guess. I'm hitting the home stretch and want something to boost my career. I researched a bunch of different programs. I applied to a few. A&M had the best program and the opportunity was right.

Did the fact that it is A&M add weight to my decision? It did a little. I'll probably be regretting it for a couple of months until I get back in the swing of things. It's been a while. But the kids are grown, I have plenty of time on my hands, and Uncle Sam and Texas take real good care of their vets so the cost will not be as much of an issue.

So it's all about opportunity.
TX AG 88
9:34p, 5/3/24
Congrats on being admitted. Wish you'd have just shared the news rather than bumping this old thread, though.
Aggie2
9:34a, 5/4/24
I've followed A&M from the age of 10. I'm 74 now and I've seen a lot of changes in the culture. This idea of superiority of fandom to the exclusion of non-graduates seems to have really ramped up in the 90's. It's not a good look. I've invested thousands of dollars into this school. I couldn't afford it as a high school graduate. Texas A&M needs all the support it can get. Not just money, but also philosophical support as well. You can criticise old Ags all you want, But I know many great ones that have a different attitude about this than some of you. I'm not changing my allegiance to A&M because of some self important individual or individuals.
Tango.Mike
12:10p, 5/4/24
TexAgs: "We're the classiest, nicest, most welcoming fan base in the history of the world"

Also TexAgs: "Unless you're a 14th generation Aggie with 9 degrees from A&M and were a Fish Camp counselor 6 times you aren't even good enough to glance at our sports teams, and you need to know that you're inferior to us purebloods in every way"
Brother Shamus
5:04p, 5/4/24
In reply to Tango.Mike
What are you talking about? Some Aggie bang your mom or gf?
aggiese72
5:09p, 5/4/24
To paraphrase:
From the outside looking in you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it.

GIG'EM AGGIES!!!!

Hehateme1
12:30a, 5/5/24
In reply to MarathonAg12
Not all of us, some of us have been here for years and years and years
Indianrider
7:36a, 5/5/24
Divining Rod
12:41p, 5/5/24
In reply to MarathonAg12
MarathonAg12 said:

...People who never graduated from tu or A&M seem to let college football take over their well-being to a point where it becomes insufferable....

Amen, brother. They need to clear out to let us Former Students take over the role of the unhealthy obsessed insufferable Aggie fan.
AGpops1923
12:55p, 5/5/24
In reply to Divining Rod
Hmmm
You sneaky devil you
Rongagin71
1:58p, 5/5/24
In reply to Divining Rod
I'll not descend this descent into indecent charlatarian sophistry.
rgleml
9:24a, 5/6/24
In reply to My Name Is Judge
Everyone has their opinions, just like body parts.
AGpops1923
9:30a, 5/6/24
You guys realize the original post is 3 years old
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE