154,615 Views | 3522 Replies
HawthornAggie
10:41a
In reply to Guitarsoup
Let Nico cook
TheMasterplan
10:56a
In reply to Guitarsoup
Technically he traded for lively - from OKC which makes it even sweeter.
Guitarsoup
11:00a
In reply to TheMasterplan
TheMasterplan said:

Mavs told them who to pick - they made the decision to draft Lively and dumped off bertans in the process. I had the Bertans dump in the post. They just couldn't complete the trade until after July 1 because they needed OKC cap space to open up in the new season.

shack009
11:22a
In reply to TheMasterplan
TheMasterplan said:

Well OKC switched spots with us in the draft and they took Cason Wallace at 10. He's going to be a good player.
shack009
11:25a
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Still amazed at the job Nico did.

Dumped Bertans, Bullock, cash, and a future protected first, two pick swaps to get OMax, Gafford, PJ Washington, and two seconds, drafted Lively and signed DJJ and Exum for free.

Don't forget we took in Richaun Holmes contract in order to get the pick that became OMax. And Holmes was then salary in the Gafford trade.

Also realized the Grant deal wasn't going to work and made him part of the deal to get PJ.
shack009
11:28a
In reply to 94chem
94chem said:

My understanding is that the challenge had to come from the refs in the last 2 minutes. Is that true? If so, why did OKC use a TO?

I think the refs can initiate certain reviews at the end of a game, but not on foul calls. So OKC had to challenge that.
hph6203
12:39p
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Still amazed at the job Nico did.

Dumped Bertans, Bullock, cash, and a future protected first, two pick swaps to get OMax, Gafford, PJ Washington, and two seconds, drafted Lively and signed DJJ and Exum for free.
Traded a 13 year old, Dinwiddie and Dorian for Kyrie, and people thought Dallas did bad in that trade.
94chem
1:19p
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

94chem said:

My understanding is that the challenge had to come from the refs in the last 2 minutes. Is that true? If so, why did OKC use a TO?

I think the refs can initiate certain reviews at the end of a game, but not on foul calls. So OKC had to challenge that.

Very interesting. That means that the key play to the game occurred with 27 seconds to go. OKC used a TO at 3:39 to leave them with 2 left. Then with 27 seconds to go, down 2, Dallas gets the deadball technical on PJ. The refs discuss it, agree it's a T, then send SGA to the line for the FT. After the FT, OKC retained possession, and THEN OKC uses the TO. They've had 2 fouls, a technical, and over a minute to decide what they want to run, but they burn the TO. Now they have to burn their final TO on the review, which ended the game when PJ made the first 2 FT. Crazy. Coaches need to hang on to those TO. You just never know...the TO at 27 seconds seemed harmless, but it cost them the game.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Guitarsoup
1:59p
shack009
2:03p
In reply to 94chem
94chem said:

shack009 said:

94chem said:

Very interesting. That means that the key play to the game occurred with 27 seconds to go. OKC used a TO at 3:39 to leave them with 2 left. Then with 27 seconds to go, down 2, Dallas gets the deadball technical on PJ. The refs discuss it, agree it's a T, then send SGA to the line for the FT. After the FT, OKC retained possession, and THEN OKC uses the TO. They've had 2 fouls, a technical, and over a minute to decide what they want to run, but they burn the TO. Now they have to burn their final TO on the review, which ended the game when PJ made the first 2 FT. Crazy. Coaches need to hang on to those TO. You just never know...the TO at 27 seconds seemed harmless, but it cost them the game.

The timeout with more than 3 minutes was a use it or lose it timeout, because you only get 2 in the final 3 minutes.

I guess the order of taking the timeout after the free throw is a little odd, but does make sense because the whole dynamic of the game has changed. They ran a completely different inbounds play than the play where PJ fouled Dort. Maybe they had a play for a 3 pointer called when they were down by 2.

But it's understandable to take it there because you think there will probably only be one more time in the game where you will need the timeout, so taking your second to last one there isn't inexcusable.

I think using the last timeout on the challenge was probably the right call. They had gotten every call all game, and it was a close enough play, I think it was worth the risk to take it there. OKC fans can quibble plenty with Daigneualt, but I don't think the timeout usage makes the top 5 or 10. He was really good at using timeouts throughout the game, in my opinion (throughout the series).
shack009
2:06p
In reply to FriscoKid
FriscoKid said:

There are certain refs that tend to target Luka. Was the one yesterday one of them???

Tony Brothers, the guy who somewhat resembles Neil degrasse Tyson, is the guy most of us were complaining about. Wouldn't say he has beef with Luka or anything, he just thinks people are there to see him. He had a terrible game again.
94chem
5:06p
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

94chem said:

shack009 said:

94chem said:

The timeout with more than 3 minutes was a use it or lose it timeout, because you only get 2 in the final 3 minutes.

I guess the order of taking the timeout after the free throw is a little odd, but does make sense because the whole dynamic of the game has changed. They ran a completely different inbounds play than the play where PJ fouled Dort. Maybe they had a play for a 3 pointer called when they were down by 2.

But it's understandable to take it there because you think there will probably only be one more time in the game where you will need the timeout, so taking your second to last one there isn't inexcusable.

I think using the last timeout on the challenge was probably the right call. They had gotten every call all game, and it was a close enough play, I think it was worth the risk to take it there. OKC fans can quibble plenty with Daigneualt, but I don't think the timeout usage makes the top 5 or 10. He was really good at using timeouts throughout the game, in my opinion (throughout the series).

Thanks for the explanation. Asking for the review may have been a mistake...but then he'd be vilified for not doing that. Once the rule was explained, that the contact occurred before the ball was released, it seemed obvious that the call would stand. But then again, I thought that charge overturn was crazy. Nuts.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
shack009
5:32p
In reply to 94chem
I completely agree with you that he would have been destroyed for not challenging there. Especially because the national announcers had no clue what they were talking about and were saying that it wasn't a foul and should be challenged. Daigneault was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, IMO.
shack009
6:43p
https://www.instagram.com/p/C7HXBkKxt0a/?igsh=MXh4aTMyZmJoZXJvcQ==

Oh man, no idea how to imbed instagram posts.
South Platte
6:49p
Have to say, I loved seeing these old Knicks players I grew up watching. I mean I'm not much younger than them, and I don't really count Camby and Sprewell, but seeing LJ and Starks sitting together was really cool. Wish Ewing and Mason would have been there too.
Infection_Ag11
8:56p
I still maintain I'd rather have Minnesota. Their offense grinds to a halt when ANT isn't aggressive or shooting poorly. And their defensive philosophy is better suited for the inside out game of Denver than Dallas' outside in game.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zgolfz85
9:12p
This officiating is all over the place
HawthornAggie
9:19p
Nuggets choking on the glass
Infection_Ag11
9:20p
Denver looks completely exhausted and out of gas. Settling for jumpers and getting out worked on the glass on both ends.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
9:20p
That escalated quickly. MN went from down 20 to up 10 in 16 minutes or so.
94chem,
Jack Ruby
9:27p
Obviously I'd rather the Mavs play MIN, but man it would've been so nice for both Dallas teams to beat Denver deep in the playoffs.
Guitarsoup
9:32p
Dallas, Minnesota, and Indiana in the Conference Finals, just like everyone expected.
TheMasterplan
9:36p
In reply to Guitarsoup
You're right dude. My bad.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 101 of 101
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >