Portal news
24,492 Views | 183 Replies
Kbeauty63
9:23a, 5/29/24
In reply to WBBALLFAN84
WBBALLFAN84 said:

AggieSports said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Thank God that's over. Good luck to her; let's rock with who wants to be here.

AMEN!!I
LOL!!! I am not a graduate of Texas A&M but have kids and relatives that did. Having played, coached and watched basketball for many years, I have different perspective on why kids may leave a program. All kids that leave may not have wanted to leave. Some may leave for more playing time, system doesn't fit, lack of development, more NIL money or coaches running players off. I can go on and on. I don't know why any of our current players left.

As graduates and fans of the school, many are going to say it was somehow the athlete's fault. In some instances it may be, in others maybe not. Believe me, coaches have caused many athletes to transfer that didn't want to.

I look at these things from strictly a basketball perspective, which I'm sure many of you do also, because I have no inside knowledge on the culture of this team. I wish all of our players that transferred the very best and hope they ball out wherever they go and I will attempt to follow them and cheer them on. Additionally, I hope that the athletes and Staff will flourish also.

I am just a fan - but did graduate from A&M. As far as the 6 that transferred - my .02 - Sydney probably wanted to start (ditto for Tineya). Kay Kay & MJ - they graduated, but then messed up - I think it was a good idea to move on. Kylie - even though she was the #1 recruit - I don't remember seeing her get much playing time - and again - that may be it for her. Janiah - when I first saw her play - I told someone she reminded me of Chennedy - and from what I've heard, that was an accurate description.
aggiedrjdub
9:27a, 5/29/24
aggiedrjdub
9:30a, 5/29/24
In reply to Kbeauty63
I can see that for sure...both uber talented...but more focused on self than culture and team.

I'm really not worried about any of the athletes that left. Good for them. When I saw the 3 transfers that came in (Endiya, AC and Lauren), you could just tell their work ethic was different. We need more of that.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
AggieSports
10:21a, 5/29/24
I wish all of our players who transferred out nothing but the best. Hope they find the right fit where they can flourish. Not mad at any of them. In fact, ran into KK at our softball regional at Davis. Told her how much I enjoyed watching her play and that she'd be missed. Just ready to focus on the players who are still in our program and any transfers we might get over the summer. Hoping to see our program continue to grow and improve like we did between seasons 1 and 2 under Joni. Gig 'Em!!
AggieSports
10:59a, 5/29/24
Meanwhile the rich get richer…
RadCouncil 21
12:04p, 5/29/24
Just saw this clip from Coach

aggiedrjdub
1:17p, 5/29/24
In reply to RadCouncil 21
Doesn't sound like there's a lot of movement for another transfer.
Ag4eva95
9:05p, 5/29/24
In reply to aggiedrjdub
Which is scary. This team needs a true point guard in the worst way. I'm doubting this staffs use of the portal currently, but really hope I'm just been overly critical
aggiedrjdub
9:40p, 5/29/24
In reply to Ag4eva95
Definitely
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6 of 6
Verify your student status Register