Cabo
2,325 Views | 26 Replies
Drparker
3:53p, 4/29/24
Anybody have info on cabo real estate buying or just even maybe looked into buying house condo ext.
Dr T and the Women
5:21p, 4/29/24
In reply to Drparker
I looked

Quite the premium to Cancun

California prices
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieStan
2:16p, 4/30/24
Facebook
Forum- "Cabo anything you want to know". ( I think that's it)

Great info
bam02
5:45p, 4/30/24
In reply to AggieStan
Cabo: everything you ever need or want to know.

Yes it's a pretty active group with lots of knowledgeable people.
AggieStan
5:55p, 4/30/24
That's it
12thMan9
12:56p, 5/1/24
The people I know who own property there have lots of money. Lots & lots of money.
Ronnie '88
LoneStarBQ
8:45p, 5/1/24
Just be careful of timeshares, they can be a bad deal a lot of the time.
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
JustPanda
11:19p, 5/1/24
Have to own in a fideo or through a Mexican company or Mexican citizen.
sts7049
8:40a, 5/2/24
is that a typo? surely you didn't mean owning a bowl of noodles
Comeby!
9:14a, 5/2/24
Mmmm fideo.
bam02
9:26a, 5/2/24
I did see an ad recently for a $1.9 million bowl of fideo. Seemed outrageous but it did include a condo in Cabo so not that crazy.
JustPanda
12:18p, 5/2/24
Haha spell check got me - not used to English keyboard.

fideicomiso
bam02
1:19p, 5/2/24
JustPanda
1:21p, 5/2/24
Todava…
Ducks4brkfast
2:26p, 5/2/24
Don't get caught with that vape.
JustPanda
2:48p, 5/2/24
In reply to Ducks4brkfast
Umm why? They couldn't care less. I go through customs with them all the time. I know they say not to, but I've never had an issue and I'm here more than I'm in the US. I go through migracion here multiple times a month. This Sunday, actually got offered a THC vape pen and mushrooms by the person searching me at migracion. He first asked me if I had weed, and when I laughed and said no, I live here I can buy it from my neighbor and hit him w a no mames, he was super low key. I think they moreso focus on American tourists and not locals w permanent residence cards.

Last time I got stopped by the local police, they offered us a Ferrero chocolate and let us go without towing the car etc etc. I've never had ANY of the Mexico horror stories happen here. Probs doesn't hurt that I'm married to a Mexican citizen but yeah I've never had any issues w the police or customs.
Comeby!
2:54p, 5/2/24
In reply to JustPanda
Migracion, guey. I can tell with your fideo comment and this one that you try to order meal completely in Spanish at a Mexican restaurant. You probably also do cinco de mayo big.
JustPanda
3:09p, 5/2/24
In reply to Comeby!
Im Colombian and Spanish so yeah thats not a problem. But anyways, thanks! I can more than order a meal…believe it or not, I teach yoga in Spanish down here and translate financial documents for Citi/Banamex. That's my job but I still appreciate you for your amazing opinion. I promise im taking it to heart.
Comeby!
4:02p, 5/2/24
In reply to JustPanda
Ah cabron!
Sea Speed
4:58p, 5/2/24
In reply to JustPanda
JustPanda said:

Umm why? They couldn't care less. I go through customs with them all the time. I know they say not to, but I've never had an issue and I'm here more than I'm in the US. I go through migracion here multiple times a month. This Sunday, actually got offered a THC vape pen and mushrooms by the person searching me at migracion. He first asked me if I had weed, and when I laughed and said no, I live here I can buy it from my neighbor and hit him w a no mames, he was super low key. I think they moreso focus on American tourists and not locals w permanent residence cards.

Last time I got stopped by the local police, they offered us a Ferrero chocolate and let us go without towing the car etc etc. I've never had ANY of the Mexico horror stories happen here. Probs doesn't hurt that I'm married to a Mexican citizen but yeah I've never had any issues w the police or customs.

I thought you lived and worked in Colorado and your wife was a semi pro skiier or something like that? I'm not sure there is a thread about skiing on all of texags you haven't posted on. That's a lot of travel.
JustPanda
4:51a, 5/3/24
On another note: Cabo is trash.
JustPanda
4:51a, 5/3/24
She is and I worked 3 jobs: one remote, one at the ski shop, and one teaching yoga. Just switched my remote job because the company I was working for is in very bad financial shape. So yeah, between a new remote job, my dad passing, her family having a plane, and her family selling their business, we travel almost non stop because why not? For years we couldn't travel for health reasons, family reasons, financial reasons, etc. Now, we have the resources and we aren't getting any younger, so that's what we've decided to do. I think we're on like trip 12/13 already this year but that includes funerals not just fun trips. Currently in Mexico until 30/5, then Hawaii and Japan, then back to CO for a week, then over to Jackson for a week, then off to Germany for her work, and then back down to Mexico for the rest of the summer w a couple of weekend trips to see family in Guadalajara and visit friends in Belize. Next year we're doing Bhutan, Thailand, Nepal, and India for 3 months and BC Canada for a couple weeks along w skiing and living here. This year we hit 100 ski days and should hit 100 beach days pretty easily. Next year w be our lightest ski season in recent years due to the above mentioned travel plans. So, I'll be happy if it's 20-30 ski days w 100+ days on the beach since we will be gone Feb - April. Luckily, We decided to keep our place in glenwood and are renting it out while we aren't there. Decided after this ski season to cut most of our ties in CO because we weren't living life. We were working to stay afloat and had nothing to show for it. 3 jobs and 60+ hour work weeks for more than half the year to break even: no thanks. Doubt we will be back this winter much, but we have 3 weeks blocked off for skiing in December and next Feb along w my dads house up there so if we want to pivot back to winters in the mountains we have some great options.

Should also add, even when we lived in CO, we still traveled to Mexico for a week if not more every month since I teach here and we have ties down here. That's what made us decide to take the jump and make the move for good.

I'll make sure to post pictures of our travels for you!

So yup, if you need discounts on ski or mountain biking equipment in CO, I can still help since I have all my connects there still, OR if you need any help while visiting QR, I can help w yoga, cacao ceremonies, airport pickups, restaurant recs, discounted day passes etc.

Honestly wish we'd have done this move years ago. If you can do it, why not?

And if you don't think I'm real, that's cool. I've met tons of the OB through the ski shop, on the ski hill, and through helping people get condo rentals at my old job/letting people stay at our place here. So, think whatever you'd like that makes you feel better.
MAS444
7:28a, 5/3/24
In reply to JustPanda
That sounds awesome. How/where do your kids go to school?
JobSecurity
9:11a, 5/3/24
In reply to JustPanda
Stop stop he's already dead!!
That sounds amazing but also exhausting
Diggity
11:21a, 5/3/24
In reply to JobSecurity
You mean reading his rambling posts? Quite
JustPanda
5:34p, 5/4/24
In reply to MAS444
They were in Garfield RE-2 (Glenwood and Carbondale) but now we're home schooling them here. They have a private English/Spanish speaking tutor. We decided to pull them out of RE-2 when their male classmates were coming to school in sequin leotards w rainbow hair bands and telling my kids they were girls and asking if they wanted to dress up too. My daughter was like dad this isn't fair: I want to wear that too but they won't let me. The whole trans/non binary things in CO is big time and we'd rather not have them forcibly exposed to that at their age. My wife back before we had kids was a teacher in Nederland so she has the training too.
trip98
3:48p, 5/5/24
In reply to JustPanda
Panda
Shoot me an email please... questions on Cabo
Trip
Dot Franty
At sci-us
Doooooooooot caaaaaaaaaaahhhm
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard