Rapid PCR test in BCS
2,472 Views | 12 Replies
WheelinAg
6:58p, 12/26/21
So in 48 hours supposed to depart for trip to Spain. I just tested positive on home antigen test but would like PCR for verification before dropping the trip. I have very mild cold symptoms that I thought were just allergies.

Emergency room will do it, but with my insurance will super expensive.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
sincereag
7:20p, 12/26/21
How long will you be in Spain? You probably have the Omicron variant and will recover quickly.
WheelinAg
7:25p, 12/26/21
In reply to sincereag
sincereag said:

How long will you be in Spain? You probably have the Omicron variant and will recover quickly.

I assume this as well, but I think traveling to Spain with covid would be a bad idea.
sincereag
7:28p, 12/26/21
Probably so, I don't know the testing requirements for entry into Spain, if there are any.
dubi
7:29p, 12/26/21
In reply to WheelinAg
Go the the urgent care at the Physician's center tomorrow when they open.
bushytailed
10:02p, 12/26/21
St. Joe's express care. Call early and ask for the drive through option.
KidDoc
9:48a, 12/27/21
COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Central Station - Kiosk (Parking Lot of Kohl's) | Curative
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dubi
10:36a, 12/27/21
In reply to KidDoc
KidDoc said:

COVID-19 Testing & Health Services | Central Station - Kiosk (Parking Lot of Kohl's) | Curative

"Results typically within 1-2 days after arrival at the lab."

I think he really needs same day results for the Spain trip.
KidDoc
11:02a, 12/27/21
In reply to dubi
That specific location is 3 hours, every time I have used it I get the result in an hour.

Although they may have changed away from rapid so good point! I haven't needed it since October.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
philothea
11:35a, 12/27/21
In reply to KidDoc
They changed a couple weeks ago. Said there wasn't the demand so now they just offer the normal 1-2 days. I tested right before they closed last week and had the results around 8am the next morning. They tell you 24-48 hrs though.
WheelinAg
7:58a, 12/28/21
I tested yesterday at 9am at the st. Joe express drive through near hwy 6 and 40. Got my results at 730 this morning.

A buddy did the curative at the Lincoln center at 8am yesterday and got his back this morning at 7am.

Maybe this info will help someone.
WheelinAg
8:25a, 12/28/21
Double post...
CrystalLakeAgbu
10:53a, 8/17/23
Glad that this is no longer necessary. It was a hassle doing this to return back to the US too.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings