Ag with Cancer Class of 99 needs 2 tickets Bama

85,998 Views | 444 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 2DollarYo
atxaggie2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just donated! So proud to be an Aggie, and so happy to be a part of this amazing event!
SpaceMonkeyMC
updates....Where are they?!!
Chase
AG
Can't find y'all
coastalaggie
AG
Pics?
BryanAggie2013
AG
So so awesome!
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
Connection issues from campus. Pics as soon as possible.
jag1075
Guitarsoup
AG
Everything went great, will post pics, soon.
Guitarsoup
AG
jeffk
BryanAggie2013
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
May i tweet your pic?
Nee Nee
AG
Lump in my throat, tears in my eyes. I am so so happy for them!!!
MiMi
S
Awesome pic!! Can't wait to see more.
lorilyn93
AG
Amazing! Just shared this story with my hubby and children. Following on twitter as well. Warms the heart!!! Gig 'em!!!!
Guitarsoup
AG
Yall can do anything you want with this pic. I have full 36MP resolution if needed.
coastalaggie
AG
Good Bull Thomas!!!!!
fredfredunderscorefred
True to each other, as Aggies can be...
Guitarsoup
AG
If you want to share on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=577033572361512&set=a.208162015915338.53722.200109553387251&type=1
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
Thanks! Will get w/you next week re hi-res for Texas Aggie magazine

(979) 845-7514
oldarmy1
AG
All went off as well as possible considering a crowded tailgate. Kbtx has video, thomas campbell lead for pics and a bunch of individuals so plenty to get the flavor of all you made happen!

So very humble personally but could not be prouder of the charachter of those associated with this great institution!
aggiesq
AG
Awesome job everyone

Gig em
DTP02
AG
Major kudos to everyone who worked on, donated to, or otherwise supported this, especially Randy Taylor for all of his coordination and effort. Thanks to GoodBull Pedicab "driver" and current student Taylor and manager (owner?) Ron Fox for helping out with the campus transportation. Kinda crazy trying to work out the logistics with very limited cell service around campus. It was a pleasure and privilege to get to meet Shannon, Clay, Scott, and his family.

Gig 'em, Aggies, and God bless!

[This message has been edited by DTP02 (edited 9/15/2013 8:22p).]
coastalaggie
AG
Thank OldArmy1 for doing this
gkaggie08
AG
Makes me even prouder to be an aggie today! Great job guys!
AGS97+3
AG
Unbelievable. This type of thing is what non-Ags will never understand.
Tagguy
AG
These are the things that make me proud to be an Aggie.
Guitarsoup
AG
Got it into USA Today.

http://usatodaysportsimages.com/preview/7432027
JP97
AG
I work with Clay. He's been through hell with all this cancer and don't discount how much this means to him! My wife had the same cancer and beat it. Her and Shannon have become pretty close through all this. We pray for that family everyday.

I just have to say - I'm so damn pround of y'all!
Gigem and BTHO Alabama.

Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
She is @TexasAggieGrad on Twitter.
And more backstory is at http://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/5719.

[This message has been edited by Aggie Network (edited 9/14/2013 2:30p).]
Nee Nee
AG
Because of Shannon, I still consider today a win. May God bless you all. Will keep you in my prayers.
jag1075
rossuvet12
AG
Gig'em Shannon ! Hope you enjoyed the day.

BTHO cancer!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Rossuvet12 (edited 9/14/2013 9:13p).]
oldarmy1
AG
$12,265.04 is the current donation mark!
oldarmy1
AG
Game day morning started with a picture of Shannon and Clay in the back seat of the SUV (already posted) on their way to Aggieland. I talked to Scott just before they got there so we could meet and I could give them the parking pass. Once they parked in their spot, right next to the stadium, I went up and met Shannon and Clay and acted like I was just there to welcome them to their tailgating experience. They were amazed at how close their parking space was and I told them that I was sorry I couldn't get them a closer space - but there's a rule against parking on Kyle Field.

Shannon said "This is awesome! We may want to come from the tailgate and sit in the car during the game so we can really hear it!"

We then parted ways - they were taken by a prearranged ricshaw to the tailgate. I and my wife and parents made our way over to the tailgate at about 11:30. At that time, Shannon still had no idea of what was going to happen. Without her and Clay seeing us, I and the "Shannon Crew" began to plan the surprise. We had Thomas Campbell, the photographer; Alan (12thmanfactorag) and all of the great Ags tailgating there; Dallas from Aggieland Outfitters; representatives of the 12th Man Foundation; KBTX news; Jason Rose, who offered to exchange two dead-center Zone Club first-row tickets to Shannon and Clay, for ANY tickets, anywhere in the stadium; and Kazen Coffey and his adopted Haitian son, Betson, who received their tickets for the big game.

When ready, we asked the tailgaters next door to turn their music down and we brought Shannon and Clay and Scott and his family over. She met Kazen and Betson, then we presented her with the tickets, a check for $6200, sideline passes (thanks to Dallas of Aggieland Outfitters), a portrait gift certificate from Sarah Toth, photographaphy by Thomas Campbell (picture of Shannon and Clay with the yell leaders, on the sidelines, at the presentation), the use of the rickshaw (thanks to David Poling) to transport them around through the day, dinner at the Shipwreck Grill (courtesy of Wade, the owner) and a $250 shopping spree at Aggieland Outfitters (courtesy of Dallas), a giftbag and more sideline passes from Rachel Dohmann of the Texas A&M Foundation; and the assurance of another check next week of at least $5000 because donations kept pouring in.

We also presented her with a letter from all of her Aggie friends and family, telling her that she's the embodiment of the Aggie Spirit. After the presentation, Shannon and Clay were taken by ricshaw to Aggieland Outfitters, to Kyle Field for the sideline photos and after a great game, they enjoyed dinner at Shipwreck Grill.

It was a memorable day - and it could not have happened without the overwhelming support that came in such a short amount of time. We received money from someone in Korea; a bartender in Tennessee whose friend is an Aggie who walked in Thurs night and handed money to the bartender, telling him "please take this and send a paypal transfer for this amount to this address"; James "... I saw the story on reddit...happy to help! James, the University of Texas"; the countless Hokies who "are supporting the Aggies...have a great time"; the mom who wanted the money to represent her two kids, classes of 2013 and 2016; people who grew up in Shannon's home town; and those who went to her high school.

To everyone involved....God Bless, Thanks and Gig 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_SqWX4TdQ

Sorry for the sound - Lot of people around and basically had to shout the presentation so people could here. Video begins sideways. Much better video's coming from other people but wanted to get this on.

[This message has been edited by oldarmy1 (edited 9/14/2013 11:41p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.