Ag with Cancer Class of 99 needs 2 tickets Bama

86,050 Views | 444 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 2DollarYo
TraditionsPD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I say get her the best seats available...Are there any zone club seats left at a decent price?
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
Keep going to 1200. Unless and until you have the cheaper tix in hand, you don't know that you will even get them.

Any excess to the Aggie is fine. No one will object. Like you said, just be transparent about it. If they demur at taking cash, donate it to a scholarship or band travel or medical research or something.

My $0.02.

-scot
oldarmy1
AG
We have reached $1205! Stop unless you are fine with your donation being given as a cash gift.

Got some dust in my eyes to go clean out but will update.

I have no words to thank you for your trust and for your hearts. As mentioned, I do not know Shannon but will be meeting her to deliver the blessings from all of you!

God bless, Gig'em and BTHObama
oldarmy1
AG
Whoever did the tweets would you please tweet that we have covered the cost of the tickets please.
oldarmy1
AG
Also - My wife just asked me if it is ok to use a gift bag and have the card with everyone's name (paypal shows name). Names only - no amounts.
TLA02
AG
Donate to them for gas/hotel/ new A&M sideline polo's for the game.

Anyone have the hookups to get them a dinner somewhere after the game?

I know places will be packed but just a question.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Agree with Scot. I don't think anyone would object to giving her the excess.

Card sounds sweet. Thanks for coordinating this, old army!

Edit: gift card for dinner after sounds like a great idea. Maybe Amico Nave or something. Just make sure they have some tame food options in case nausea is an issue.

[This message has been edited by PrincessButtercup (edited 9/12/2013 4:06p).]
oldarmy1
AG
$1260
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
quote:
would you please tweet that we have covered the cost of the tickets please.

Done, but more might still trickle in.

Re: names -- I'd just say it's from 12th Man or Aggie Network or "from your Aggie Family" or something like that. Again, just my 2 cents. I doubt any donor is looking for recognition.
B-1 83
AG
Done! God knows you folks helped me and Teacher Wife when she was so ill.
oldarmy1
AG
$1330
SpaceMonkeyMC
Madden's is owned by Ags (Bush School grads), or least was at one point. They might donate lunch or dinner. I don't know them personally or else I would call them myself.
oldarmy1
AG
This will be a complete surprise to her. They think they are simply setting up for the game at the tailgate party. Again, I'll try to have someone catch the moment and will be posting pictures.

BTW- here is the post from one of Shannon's Aggie friends that put me on a mission:

I did not come on here asking for tickets, and while I am very grateful that someone would even consider it I would never expect it or ask for it when it comes to this game. A little background, my friend and I had been planning on coming down with our families long before she was given her final bad news this summer. The other day I tried to get them to consider doing a cookout with a bunch of friends for the Bama game. Mainly because she just did a round of Chemo last week and knowing she may not be feeling too great in a few weeks. My friend sent me the following text.

Shannon said she wanted to go to college station. She didnt want to even entertain staying here for the game to watch it somewhere else so I guess we are going and can figure out where to watch it later on.

At that moment my wife, son and I decided we were going to leave early Saturday morning and take them. So yeah it's the experience of being in College Station for the biggest game since the last game against tu. If it was about just going to a game we would have looked at SMU or Sam.

To know this lady is special, she lives life like there is no tomorrow. She has had some great memories already this year. Her mother took her on a dream trip to Austria and about three weeks ago one of her best friends took her on a trip up the PCH in California. Amazing pictures I would love to post but its not my place. I feel blessed to have known her and I am just thankful to get to take this trip with my friends.

So please understand this is not about going to the game, this is about just hanging out with good friends at a place we will always thank of as home. I was just curious where the best place would be to watch the game and the beat atmosphere other than at Kyle.

I appreciate all the suggestions, I just want to make this the best experience since it will probably be our last trip down here together, and knowing this is what she wanted to do that day.
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
And good on you, OldArmy1. Very nice thing you've done here. Thanks for stepping up.
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
Agree with Scot. I don't think anyone would object to giving her the excess.

Card sounds sweet. Thanks for coordinating this, old army!

Edit: gift card for dinner after sounds like a great idea. Maybe Amico Nave or something. Just make sure they have some tame food options in case nausea is an issue.

[This message has been edited by PrincessButtercup (edited 9/12/2013 4:06p).]

Might need to make reservations if at all possible. BCS is going to be packed.
oldarmy1
AG
Balance now stands at $1360.

To Aggie Network's point. I don't think they will refuse the excess in cash but just in case had someone reached out to Brad Barnes and ask if it would be allowed to make a donation to Isaiah Golden's family to assist with funeral expenses. Isaiah lost his daughter who was born in July. Simply tragic.

AGnMass
AG
Little late to this thread, but has this been posted to AO or Liucci's board?
chosin
AG
I've got it at the zoo
oldarmy1
AG
$1410
kristin87ag
AG
Looks like there are a couple of Zone Club seats (singles) available for $600 and $750 each. I know the supervisor up there so I'm pretty sure something could be worked out to get 2 seats next to each other.
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2367742&forum_id=11
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2367689&forum_id=11

[This message has been edited by kristin87ag (edited 9/12/2013 4:54p).]
AGnMass
AG
I've added it to the Liucci and AO boards.
Wrec86 Ag
Good story!

Glad to see a good outcome
oldarmy1
AG
Kristin - Anything you can do on that please let me know. I can't leave aggielandtickets.com hanging out too long, so will need to have everything settled tonight.
oldarmy1
AG
$1465
p_bubel
Wow.
oldarmy1
AG
$1510
kristin87ag
AG
oldarmy1... Just waiting on a response from the Zone Club supervisor. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from him.
aginlakeway
AG
Email sent asking how to donate ... now money sent.

Good job guys.

[This message has been edited by aginlakeway (edited 9/12/2013 5:14p).]
jcrack
Good bull! There are still good people in this world, and they are called Aggies!
Aggiewife&mom
S
If you are looking for a place to watch with your family and don't have tickets, Duncan Dining Hall is setting up TV's and will have food and drink available for sale for a game watching party - they will have a cash bar, if you want a drink or two, as well as soda.

And it would be air conditioned.
oldarmy1
AG
$1530
EagleAg
AG
aginlakeway...

Send money in PayPal to the following email: lakeconroetaylors@gmail.com

Just donated $26.06 from the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '06!
oldarmy1
AG
Dad is at the QB Club meeting and they are announcing it there, so will update if any tickets at better price that meet the shade and access requirements are located.
oldarmy1
AG
$1556.06
DeWrecking Crew
OA1...please check with compliance before donating anything to Golden's family...it's a great idea, but you know what they say about best laid intentions...just my .02

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.