High Achieving Women Changing Last Names Post Wedding

7,319 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by TexasAggie81
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jwoodmd said:

The Porkchop Express said:

jwoodmd said:

dabo man said:

This isn't really my board, but you seem to have some pretty serious issues with women. I'm interested to see how this thread goes down.
He has some major issue with women. He should return to India so he's fully back in his system and doesn't keep trying to understand more western cultures.
3 minutes of homework reveal his not-so-nice history of OPs about women. This is only from 2024.

• High Achieveing Women Changing Last Names Post Wedding
  • Women Lost C-Suite Seats in Corporate America, S&P Says
  • "Women's Work" soon officially measured in government data
  • So it's not just us human men who don't understand women
  • International Women's Day
  • Gender Pay Gap in US Narrowed to Smallest on Record Last Year (first sentence "Now does it mean we will stop hearing women constantly whine about it?")
  • St. Paul makes history with an all-female council "First line: I'm sure nothing will go wrong here. A nice DEI paradise)

Oh, I know this poster's history. He posted about proudly beating his chest bragging that he tears up certificates and participation trophys in front of his young daughter and throws them in the trash in front of her and calls her a loser because she didn't "win"

Second place is the first loser. He's not wrong
jwoodmd
Burdizzo said:

jwoodmd said:

The Porkchop Express said:

jwoodmd said:

dabo man said:

This isn't really my board, but you seem to have some pretty serious issues with women. I'm interested to see how this thread goes down.
He has some major issue with women. He should return to India so he's fully back in his system and doesn't keep trying to understand more western cultures.
3 minutes of homework reveal his not-so-nice history of OPs about women. This is only from 2024.

• High Achieveing Women Changing Last Names Post Wedding
  • Women Lost C-Suite Seats in Corporate America, S&P Says
  • "Women's Work" soon officially measured in government data
  • So it's not just us human men who don't understand women
  • International Women's Day
  • Gender Pay Gap in US Narrowed to Smallest on Record Last Year (first sentence "Now does it mean we will stop hearing women constantly whine about it?")
  • St. Paul makes history with an all-female council "First line: I'm sure nothing will go wrong here. A nice DEI paradise)

Oh, I know this poster's history. He posted about proudly beating his chest bragging that he tears up certificates and participation trophys in front of his young daughter and throws them in the trash in front of her and calls her a loser because she didn't "win"

Second place is the first loser. He's not wrong
No, someone who does this is a loser…

"I don't know why this is a pet peeve of mine, but...

Workplace refrigerator. Someone picked six icecubes out of the ice tray for their use and then left the tray half-empty.

Was I wrong to pick four more out of it leaving only 2/12 of the tray with ice cubes?

What Is so flipping hard about refilling the ice tray?"
Burdizzo
AG

BostonAg74
The daughter of my wife's cousin married a guy who had been adopted as a baby and was estranged from his adopted dad. She was one of three daughters of a man (my wife's cousin) who was the last male in a bloodline that went back over 400 years. She was also an attorney, who had become a partner in a law firm before turning thirty. She was a pretty traditional girl who had fully expected to change her name when she got married. Her fiancee had a better idea. He proposed changing his name to her last name because he felt no allegiance to his father's family, and he had become very close to her father and wanted to continue his name. Since that time, they have had two boys.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Flashdiaz said:

what do gay couple's do in regards to the last name when they get married?
We both kept our original surnames. We thought about changing, but ultimately decided it wasn't necessary and a hyphenated name would have been more cumbersome than either of us wanted. It was a real non-issue and neither of us feels it has any bearing on the value of our marriage.
Tree Hugger
AG
So if a "Smith-Jones" married a "Jackson-Johnson" and they both decided to keep their last names and also hyphenate those when they have kids, would their kids' names be "Smith-Jones-Jackson-Johnson"?

Imagine the sports jersey chaos

Even worse if they gave the kids dumb names, can you imagine Bradyyn Jamaraquelle Smith-Jones-Jackson-Johnson?

That Key and Peele skit is coming to life just like idiocracy.
infinity ag
Ags4DaWin said:

Okay let me break it down for you.

Modern, Single Women screech constantly that they cannot find a good man.

Ask a woman what a good man is and most will say
1) Loyal
2) protective of her and the children
3) willing to sacrifice of himself for her good and the good of the children
4) willing to work as hard as necessary to provide
5) takes an active role in the relationship and rearing of children

Well that is how traditional men behave.

If a burglar comes into the house at night, a "good man" is the one who will be the first to the door risking life and limb to protect his family and wife.

Now as a man....why would I be willing to sacrifice THAT much of who I am for a woman who is unwilling to even make the symbolic gesture of giving herself to me by taking my last name.

The traditional definition of a good man and the kind of man women profess to want is one who will sacrifice everything he is up to and if necessary including his life for his wife and family.

Women expect that and want that blanket of security and protection. They want to be able to depend on their man for that.

And in the same breath they are unwilling to take his name to tell him and the world that she is his to protect, defend, love, and provide for.

It's no wonder modern men don't want to be in relationships when that is the expectation of the modern American woman.

Women want all the perks but are unwilling to even make symbolic gestures that would make a man want to take care of them.

Sorry....if you don't want to be mine in the sense that we have the same last name then I don't feel a single ounce of obligation to behave as if you were mine.

And by that I mean mine to cherish, protect, respect, and love to my dying breath. And as a man this is what the good ones want to do. Women, you don't get it both ways. You can be independent and have a man who treats you like an independent woman. Or you can have a man who wants to be yours and wants you to be his and lose that independence.

And that is where the disconnect in the modern world is happening.

You think I am banal.

I think you are an pseudointellectual hiding behind the facade of being enlightened when really u just have no clue how the world works.

That's cool and alright. I have about the same contempt for u as u do me. Even though ur positions are bad, i could respect u jf you could at least make the effort of articulating your opinion instead of just demeaning others. But ur just arrogant and lazy about your positions and that is 100% absolutely contemptible.

Good post.
Ags4DaWin
jwoodmd said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Okay let me break it down for you.

Modern, Single Women screech constantly that they cannot find a good man.

Ask a woman what a good man is and most will say
1) Loyal
2) protective of her and the children
3) willing to sacrifice of himself for her good and the good of the children
4) willing to work as hard as necessary to provide
5) takes an active role in the relationship and rearing of children

Well that is how traditional men behave.

If a burglar comes into the house at night, a "good man" is the one who will be the first to the door risking life and limb to protect his family and wife.

Now as a man....why would I be willing to sacrifice THAT much of who I am for a woman who is unwilling to even make the symbolic gesture of giving herself to me by taking my last name.

The traditional definition of a good man and the kind of man women profess to want is one who will sacrifice everything he is up to and if necessary including his life for his wife and family.

Women expect that and want that blanket of security and protection. They want to be able to depend on their man for that.

And in the same breath they are unwilling to take his name to tell him and the world that she is his to protect, defend, love, and provide for.

It's no wonder modern men don't want to be in relationships when that is the expectation of the modern American woman.

Women want all the perks but are unwilling to even make symbolic gestures that would make a man want to take care of them.

Sorry....if you don't want to be mine in the sense that we have the same last name then I don't feel a single ounce of obligation to behave as if you were mine.

And by that I mean mine to cherish, protect, respect, and love to my dying breath. And as a man this is what the good ones want to do. Women, you don't get it both ways. You can be independent and have a man who treats you like an independent woman. Or you can have a man who wants to be yours and wants you to be his and lose that independence.

And that is where the disconnect in the modern world is happening.

You think I am banal.

I think you are an pseudointellectual hiding behind the facade of being enlightened when really u just have no clue how the world works.

That's cool and alright. I have about the same contempt for u as u do me. Even though ur positions are bad, i could respect u jf you could at least make the effort of articulating your opinion instead of just demeaning others. But ur just arrogant and lazy about your positions and that is 100% absolutely contemptible.
7 edit midnight rant. Sure intense, you are (sorry u r based on ur above writing)

Not intense. Trying accurately articulate my opinion so it couldn't be twisted to mean something it didn't.

Also I have fat fingers and my autocorrect sucks so sometimes I go back and spell check. Aaaand I just switched several time zones and was adjusting to that so I had a little insomnia.

But hey, thanks for proving my point about your only response to a well thought out opinion being intellectually lazy condescending dismissal and ad hominems instead of thoughtful discussion.

When someone doesn't have anything thoughtful to say they usually throw around playground insults and pretend like they don't care.

The problem is by throwing out the petty insults u prove u do care...u just don't have anything good to say.
Lex
Feminism is a scam. It was used to get women out of the home, into the workplace and destroy the family unit. It was never about our rights.
swc93
AG
Lex said:

Feminism is a scam. It was used to get women out of the home, into the workplace and destroy the family unit. It was never about our rights.
Another win for capitalism and another loss for the commoner. Thanks a lot Betty Friedan.
Burdizzo
AG
Lex said:

Ass defined by Rush Limbaugh many years ago, Feminism was invented to give ugly women access to men.
Baron von Bulsh
My wife took my last name. Her maiden name was 4 letters long, but mine is only 3 letters long.

I told her the only way she could get her last name shorter in the future would be to go Chinese.
TexasAggie81
Claude! said:

Flashdiaz said:

what do gay couple's do in regards to the last name when they get married?
A colleague of mine took his husband's name. My uncle kept his bachelor(?) name. Based on those anecdotes, I can only assume that they flip a coin and are bound by whatever it lands on.

Getting married soon. We're keeping our current names.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.