*** UAP THREAD ***

252,304 Views | 3673 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As the risk of going full-nerd, I figured this is as good an excuse as any to start an official, all-encompassing thread, with AARO director Sean Kirkpatrick set to provide testimony tomorrow morning (at 10:30 AM Eastern) to the Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee on the subject of UAPs...

https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/hearings/to-receive-testimony-on-the-mission-activities-oversight-and-budget-of-the-all-domain-anomaly-resolution-office

AARO stands for "All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office" and its mission is "to synchronize efforts across the Department of Defense, and with other U.S. federal departments and agencies, to detect, identify and attribute objects of interest in, on or near military installations, operating areas, training areas, special use airspace and other areas of interest, and, as necessary, to mitigate any associated threats to safety of operations and national security. This includes anomalous, unidentified space, airborne, submerged and transmedium objects."

I doubt much comes from tomorrow's hearing, but it's at least further indication that our government has started taking this subject seriously. That, and this is apparently the first of such hearings set to take place this summer, with other UAP-related individuals and officials.

Overall, yes, this might be more appropriate on the politics or military boards, but A) this subject *is* entertaining, especially when discussed on this board from time to time, and B) considering the amount of UFO documentaries posted here (by one poster, in particular), this thread can now be a catch-all for those and everything else UAP going forward.
C@LAg

holy giant picture, batman.
C@LAg
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/10-key-questions-for-this-week-s-historic-ufo-hearing/ar-AA19XraW
TCTTS
AG
That's definitely one of the goals with this thread. To throw up a Spidey signal and at least try and keep him confined to one thread.
tk for tu juan
Any job openings in AARO?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Aliens!
-Ben There/R.C.
TCTTS
AG
So glad I ultimately didn't set my alarm for this, as it sounds like yet another big nothingburger.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TCTTS said:

So glad I ultimately didn't set my alarm for this, as it sounds like yet another big nothingburger.

Shocking.
TCTTS
AG
They did at least officially release a pretty compelling new video featuring an unidentified flying silver orb…

double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

I hate to tell you, but this is never going to happen. Just like "fetch".
TCTTS
AG
I don't quite know what you mean by this, since a number of things have already happened/are happening. But yes, in general, I do agree that our government isn't going to willingly admit more than they already have these past five+ years, unless their hand is absolutely forced.
rednecked
AG
TCTTS said:

They did at least officially release a pretty compelling new video with an unidentified flying a silver orb…

I think I can explain this one!

TCTTS
AG
Potato gun on steroids.
BenFiasco14
BenFiasco14
AG
Oops. In on this one.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Where the hell is spydey
-Ben There/R.C.
BenFiasco14
AG

Here's a neat little, no context, CIA remote viewing session where the subject sees a civilization dying on Mars, and an "ancient race of people" past their "time or age".

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001900760001-9.pdf

Just readily available for the public. How did I never see this particular remote viewing session until today?

ETA: in this Slate article, they track the guy down who witnessed this stuff.

https://slate.com/technology/2017/03/did-the-cia-really-astrally-project-to-mars-in-1984.html
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TCTTS
AG
From the two journalists - Leslie Kean and Ralph Blumenthal - who broke the infamous 2017 UAP story for The New York Times, along with 60 Minutes Australia's Ross Coulthart, comes a massive a story that sees the first whistleblower to come forward/go public under the new Whistleblower Protection Improvement Act, former intelligence official David Grusch, with some insanely bold claims...

TCTTS
AG
This, on the heels of former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Chris Mellon, coming forward with similar claims...

Mr President Elect
AG
Keeping an eye on this as there seems to be a lot of chatter about this from mainstream journalist and such, but still skeptical anything tangible will surface.
TCTTS
AG
This is nuts. Who know what happens next, but it would seem that we MIGHT - and that's a big might - very well be on the verge of disclosure, or we're at least as close as we've ever been. I know, I know - it's all hearsay at this point, and "on the verge" could still mean years. But not only has Grusch come forward, some of the individuals who are/were *actually* working in these crash retrieval/reverse engineering programs have come forward as well, which is unprecedented and insane…

TCTTS
AG
And here's full News Nation report from yesterday…

That said, much more of the Grusch interview itself is set to be released later this week (seeing as seven hours total were recorded over two days).
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Wrec86 Ag
I just can't believe that our government, through multiple administrations (including at least one President that I know couldn't keep it a secret if he knew) would be able to hide something for so long.

That, and if it is to be believed, then it would be going down just as it has been portrayed in countless SciFi movies.

I just won't believe it until it's obvious.
TCTTS
AG
Completely understandable.

That said, if rumors/intel are to be believed, our government basically transferred most materials and oversight responsibilities to the aerospace sector - namely Lockheed Martin - at some point during the late '60s/early '70s, as to avoid things like the Freedom of Information Act and other prying eyes. In other words, our government is still in charge, but apparently *very* few people in the government itself actually know about these programs. Like, literally only a select few, and only select Presidents, as this stuff has mostly been buried deep in various aerospace skunkworks programs, using all kinds of shell companies and black budgets.

I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying that would partly explain how the secret was able to be kept for decades, without all kinds of government officials being in on it.
Rocagnante
AG
Wouldn't it be crazy if it turns out Bob Lazar was telling the truth?
Rocagnante
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

I just can't believe that our government, through multiple administrations (including at least one President that I know couldn't keep it a secret if he knew) would be able to hide something for so long.

That, and if it is to be believed, then it would be going down just as it has been portrayed in countless SciFi movies.

Just curious what it would take for you to believe? Not criticizing just curious as most people have that position. I really want to believe but won't until it's "official"….like the President holding a press conference or something.

But these aren't fringe people speaking at UFO conventions. It's people who were government officials testifying under oath.
Breggy Popup
AG
TCTTS said:

The millennium is only 23 years old. Surely something bigger will happen in the next 977 years.
TCTTS
AG
Rocagnante said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if it turns out Bob Lazar was telling the truth?

Ha, that would be insane, and also pretty hilarious.

Right now, I'm 50/50 on Lazar. Actually, scratch that. More like 90/10 (that he's a lier vs telling the truth). Too many credible people say he's full of sh*t, he's definitively lied about about a number of things in his past, and man, there was some shady stuff going on with him back in the day (for instance, he was part owner of a brothel, his first wife was convicted of 2nd degree murder in participation with some kind of Hells Angels thing, he married his second wife before he and his first wife officially divorced, his second wife then committed suicide two days after the marriage, etc). Just so many red flags that one would think would keep him from obtaining the kind of security clearance he'd need to work at a place like Area 51.

Then again... MAYBE, just maybe... a few of those types are who they recruited back then, seeing as no one would believe them if they ever came forward? A long shot, I know, just thinking out loud...
Wrec86 Ag
Rocagnante said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

Just curious what it would take for you to believe? Not criticizing just curious as most people have that position. I really want to believe but won't until it's "official"….like the President holding a press conference or something.

But these aren't fringe people speaking at UFO conventions. It's people who were government officials testifying under oath.

That's a fair question, and to be honest I don't know. With technology today, even a pretty clear video would come with lots of questions.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Just curious what it would take for you to believe?
They'd need to come pick me up, take me to the Moon base, and explain why I was always right - I am special - and they've finally come to get me to fulfill my destiny.

Some of us just don't get excited because "disclosure" has been "just around the corner" for decades. Every little bit of news or disclosure sets off flurries of discussion about how our whole worldview will change and religions will need to be redefined, the nations will have to come together, yada yada yada.

Aside from the videos and proliferation of basic cable TV shows, we're about at the same point of public "disclosure" as we were in the 70's. I've only been listening to the Coast to Coast types like Lazar the Liar since the 90's, but I've gone back in newspaper archives. A member of Congress talking about "sources" and saying we need to investigate further is out of the standard, decades-old playbook.
TCTTS
AG
I get that how frustrating and elusive this topic can be, how it's strung people along for decades, has yet to provide tangible proof, etc. But to say that this latest news, or most of what has happened over the past five+ years, is part of the same old song and dance, is pure nonsense. Lue Elizondo, Chris Mellon, David Grusch, Ryan Graves, the pilots who were involved with the Nimitz encounter… none of these types of people, with their reputations, have ever stepped forward in the ways they are now, revealing the things they're revealing. To suggest anything else is disingenuous, and lacks an awareness of the way this subject is currently being treated and talked about compared to pre-2017.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

is disingenuous, and lacks an awareness
Bull*****

Is there any topic under the Sun that can be discussed on this board without personal attacks and emotional meltdowns?
Last Page
Page 1 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.