Tim Kerlee - 12th Man

382,724 Views | 1425 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Jack Boyette
bugle rank '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everytime I look at the picture the angel is clearer. She must have been the answer to everyones prayers and was there to watch over Tim and give him peace.
Pancho
TTT
CT'73
AG
Here's the quoted scripture:

Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

There are slight variations in different versions of the Scripture.

I'm sure most of you know that this is inscribed on a plaque at the entrance to the MSC. On the plaque is a list of Aggies that have given their lives in service to their country. I believe the list is either the Medal of Honor winners or the World War II Aggies that died. I don't remember -- I haven't seen it in years. Will make a point to do so the next time I'm in College Station.

Thank you, Tim, for your last measure of devotion.

------------------
Per Unitatem Vis
In Unity, Strength

Michele Kerlee Fowler
Thank you to everyone who has posted to this thread. I printed out this for my Father and Stepmother on Saturday for them to see. They had not wanted to see the picture of Tim before the rescue that was on the front of the Dallas Morning News. I told them of the Angel in the photo....but my husband noticed there are 2 Angels in the photo....1 right below the 1st....the top Angel has her hand on the 2nd Angel's head.....

Because of the Angels in the photo my Father and Stepmother wished to see the photo.....I printed this thread out and the photo in color and took it to them.....It was a very difficult picture to see of their son, but now knowing there were 2 Angels looking over Tim that night, they now that God's presence was there watching over not only Tim but everyone, those who lost their lives, those who were injured, the rescuers and those who helped in the rescue just because they felt it was right.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. As your responses are added, I am printing them off and giving them to my Dad and Stepmom so they have them. Thank you again for being the wonderful, caring, loving, and supportive people that you have shown to the Kerlee Family.

------------------
May God Keep His Angels By Your Side

Michele

reasor97
ttt
Dave67AG
Michele - Words can not adequately express my feelings about your brother. I still can't get through re-reading the numerous posts about Tim without breaking down into tears. I have tried but can't imagine the sorrow and grief you and your family must have to endure as a result of this loss. Although I did not have the previledge of knowing Tim personally, I feel a certain amount of identity with him. Like Tim, in my youth I was in the Boy Scouts, active in church, involved in athletics and was in the Corp at Aggieland. (Actually, I was raised in Scouting since my Dad was a professional District Executive.) So I feel I know the sacrificies, crossroads and moral deliemas Tim must have had to endure to achieve everything he did during the short time he was here. The Scouts Oath and Law are more than words on a page, they are promises to one's self, God and others, about how to live. Tim's conduct during the Bonfire crisis is a testiment to the strength of his character and courage. I consider Tim to truely be a HERO (and I do not use that word lightly). The term "12th Man" has taken on a whole new additional meaning for me. I don't believe I will ever be able to sing the Spirit again without thinking of Tim.

If you're up to it, I would like to recommend a thread titled "Describing the mood in Aggieland" that I started on Dec 11. The latter part of the post refers to Tim's last night at the hospital.

This tragic event has given me a new appreciation for how unlimited God's love must be, '...for He so loved the world that He give His only begotten Son...'

[This message has been edited by Dave67AG (edited December 21, 1999).]

Cole97
AG
I thought I was the only one that saw the 2 Angels. Actually at first all I did was see the one that everyone was talking about, then my mother wanted to see the picture so we printed it out for her and that is when I saw both angels. It gives me chills every time I see it, but it makes me feel much better knowing that someone was there with Tim and the others.
TimsParents
S
ttt
Aggie Mom 91
Tim, Janice, and Michele,
May you always find comfort in the assurance that you are surrounded by our care and concern for you. Tim was such an exemplary young man and extraordinary hero; you and he will remain in our hearts and prayers....always.
Brenda
Tim truly is the 12th Man. May God Bless us one and all.

------------------
KraftyGal1
The one and only Krafter

Brenda
After reading the posts and seeing the picture for the first time, I went and looked at the picture again. It took me a few moments but I finally saw the Angel over Tim. I gave me the chills when I saw this. It shows that the Good Lord is with all always watching and protecting us at all times.

------------------
KraftyGal1
The one and only Krafter

crazyman
S
I thought I had collected everything from sites everywhere, and newspapers. Out of all I had missed and wanted to see this picture. I agree most times, that something like this should not be published. But with the heroism Tim showed, I have to take a step back, and say I am glad it did. Tim has sure been an inspritation to me. If I could collect my life, and fill it that full in 17 years, I would be thankful. Tim and the Kerlee family have touched all of us. I say keep this at the top.
Aggie Mom 91
ttt
3rd Generation Ag
AG
ttt
KeithDB
AG
Those who new Tim Kerlee were very fortunate, because they new a TRUE hero. I imagine we all wonder if we will have such courage when our time comes. Here is a man who inspires the best in all of us.

------------------
A toast! To the Aggie Bonfire, and those who build it.

Walton Ag 91
ttt
KeithDB
AG
This picture is one that shall forever be retained in Aggie Lore. Like the picture of the Ags who gathered in Muster on Corrigidor Island just days before it fell, this picture is one that shall remain in A&M hearts and shall come to galvinize what it means to be an Aggie.

No human can look at that picture and not be touched. It just can't be done.

------------------

jdwAg20/91
AG
Could someone that sees both Angels somehow edit the picture to outline what they see? I see what I believe to be one, but I can't make out the 2nd.

Gig'em!

Walton Ag 91
ttt

------------------
Texas Aggie Baseball...WHOOOOP!!!

Brenda
I keep looking at the picture and can only make out the one myself, but never the second. Where exactly is the 2nd Angel?

You're right about the picture becoming part of the Aggie lore. Do you remember the Oklahoma City bombing and the picture of the fireman carrying that little girl? That picture was on the front page of practically every newspaper. This I doubt will be published like that one, but it will none the less become famous in its own right.

------------------
KraftyGal1
The one and only Krafter

Michele Kerlee Fowler
The second Angel is almost under the 1st Angel and to her left. If you see the 1st Angel, look at her hand....her right hand is resting on the head of the second Angel. The second Angel looks like it is a Child Angel and has dark hair.

Hope this helps.

Also, J.P. Beato from The Battalion, who is the photographer, may be nominated for a Pulitzer for that photo. (I've got my fingers crossed)!

------------------
May God Keep His Angels By Your Side

AOL - Chatwitch2
ICQ - #60318041

Michele

KeithDB
AG
This thread and remarkable picture belongs near the top.

------------------

wadd96
AG
ttt
Aggie Mom 91
ttt
3rd Generation Ag
AG
ttt
Aggies94
I've tried and tried to see the angels in the picture but I can't. Can somebody post exactly what you see (i.e., which way are the angels facing, can you see there arms/legs/faces, etc.) and where you see them?

Thanks!

TimsParents
S
You might try a different computer with a different monitor. Some show the picture better than others. Some people see different images. Here is what I see.

The beautiful angel is the hardest to see. Look at the yellow glow in the left hand corner. It forms a shaft of light that hits the angel in the middle of the forehead, making the face difficult to distinguish at first. Once you see it, you can see details, eyes, mouth, chin, etc. She is rather large. She is facing forward, and her right hand is extended downward with her hand resting on a log. Her arm is along the left side of the photo. I had a hard time figuring out what was going on with the left side of her body, then I saw the child angel sitting on her lap. The child is facing toward the left of the photo and her (his?) arm is darker in the picure. Behind them, another angel with a surprised look on its face is peeping out from behind them, near the head of the child angel. A halo of vertical lines, more like a crown is above the head of this one. I also see a face of an elderly looking angel in the top left beside the head of the big angel. I also see a face in the dark, black area between some of the logs, and near the top, left of the logs.

Some people never see them. Don't feel bad, my pastor can't see them, so it doesn't have anything to do with your spirituality. On the other hand, I showed them to the art teacher at our school, and she pulled them up on the computer in her room and most of the kids saw them immediately. One child pulled the picture up at home, and before she could say anything her Dad walked into the room and said, "There are people in that picture." This picture has truly been a witness for the Lord. I hope you see it. I didn't at first, so don't give up. But more importantly, trust Jesus to surround you with angels. They are there!

TimsParents
S
ttt
Aggie Mom 91
God Bless you, Tim, Janice, and Michele. Prayers continue as always, for you and for all the families of our 12 Aggie Angels.
Having become acquainted with you through your posts on this forum, it is not difficult to understand where Tim's courage and selflessness originated - he learned those qualities at home. You and he will forever have our utmost respect and admiration.
carino99
AG
ttt
TimsParents
S
ttt
reasor97
ttt
MART
This one must stay at the top always!!!!

ttt

3rd Generation Ag
AG
ttt Angels are always watching over us. We don't need to see them, as long as they see us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.