SIAP: Super Bowl Sunday

1,058 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by PabloSerna
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hadn't seen these posted. Didn't know this garbage existed, but obviously not surprised. I've always been an anti-Jersey wearing guy in general, but jerseys in church are one of the most cringey things to me.

The Banned
How could anyone have thought that was a good idea?
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Paul Washer and Todd Friel
PabloSerna
AG
I guess it's OK to treat the word of God like a football and literally kick it 20+ yards. However, don't you dare wear fishnet stockings in the house of God!!!

BluHorseShu
AG
PabloSerna said:

I guess it's OK to treat the word of God like a football and literally kick it 20+ yards. However, don't you dare wear fishnet stockings in the house of God!!!

I don't think anyone was okay with punting the bible. And people freaked out about the washing of 'liberal' feet in the other commercial.

If you knowingly where something inappropriate in the house of God, then its obvious you are intent on mocking the decorum of the House of God.
ramblin_ag02
AG
The whole church as "House of God" is a head scratcher for me. God already had a house. It was a very expensive and fancy tent called the Tabernacle. It was then installed into a big Temple. God also had a lot of very detailed rules for the way people could act in and around His house. Then His house got torn down, and all those detailed rules don't really have much context any more. So it's a bit weird to see someone calling some random building (or really thousands of random buildings) the "House of God" and making all kinds of rules about what can and can't be done in it. There's a perfectly good set of prohibitions and requirements that God used for His last house, after all.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PabloSerna
AG
Agree 100% - Jesus made a point about this that became one of the accusations for his execution.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.