Were religions installed as control mechanisms?

2,405 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps?
Which of the realities is more difficult to process, nhi or remote viewing?

Histories will be re-evaluated with the revelation and acceptance of new realities.

It's all about the green...let's SECede to the BIG10.
747Ag
AG
Perhaps not.
Rocag
AG
I don't think that's how they began, but it's hard to argue that they haven't been used as such.
747Ag
AG
But general generalities are general, generally speaking.
Leonard H. Stringfield
747Ag said:

Perhaps not.
For what purpose were they installed?

Histories will be re-evaluated with the revelation and acceptance of new realities.

747Ag
AG
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

747Ag said:

Perhaps not.
Which ones?
Malibu
Religions have existed worldwide, in pre-history, and are enduring. It is self-evident that it creates a profound sense of meaning and purpose to religious adherents of all varieties. I think it smacks of wild arrogance to suggest that religion is just opiate of the masses and another form of control.

That said, religion when combined with nationalism can create some absolutely brutal authoritarian control states. Looking at you Middle East.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
No
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
BluHorseShu
AG

Perhaps?
The entire universe was created with built in control mechanisms. Physics is one obvious set, morals is another, but to believe religion was created as a mechanism of control....I guess it depends on the religion. But it also assumes that the control or the mechanism is manmade. I believe we have built in mechanisms that we can be in tune with or out of tune. I believe God instilled these in us. But others might see these innate mechanisms as something to be exploited.

DirtDiver
Depends on the religion.

I'm convinced that the Bible is reliable in who God is and how He's acted through history. Think of the 10 commandments and the 613 laws of the OT. Jesus sums them up with 2 phrases: Love God and love others.

Religion is man's attempt to reach God via his own dedication and practice. God reaches down to redeem mankind through His Son.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. - Jesus

It does not say, I have come to make people religious.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Malibu said:

Religions have existed worldwide, in pre-history, and are enduring. It is self-evident that it creates a profound sense of meaning and purpose to religious adherents of all varieties. I think it smacks of wild arrogance to suggest that religion is just opiate of the masses and another form of control.

That said, religion when combined with nationalism can create some absolutely brutal authoritarian control states. Looking at you Middle East.
What if it wasn't arrogance, but data?

PabloSerna
AG
Not installed. Man is "hardwired" to know God.

747Ag
AG
747Ag said:

747Ag said:

Perhaps not.
Which ones?
Oh well...
jkag89

Malibu said:

Then give us the data.
Leonard H. Stringfield
jkag89 said:

Malibu said:

Then give us the data.
You asked...I wish it wasn't so, but there is other data out there supporting this. Just getting the masses prepared....
Renders a lot of what is argued/discussed here on this forum inert.

Quote:
"Yes, the incident of Jimmy Carter crying after being briefed about classified information regarding UFO's is largely believed to be true by the serious researchers on the subject. As a forewarning, the following information is very unsettling and will explain why Carter never "kept his promise" of revealing classified UFO information to the public.
According to the story that was corroborated by more than one witness, U.S. presidents are only given a cursory overview of the subject. Apparently, the CIA runs the program, only provide information to the President on a need-to-know basis, and do not consider presidential curiosity as sufficient need to know. This was implemented after Kennedy, and all presidents after him have been given only summary briefings (some presidents for unknown reasons were given more than others).
Okay on to your question. President Carter is a deeply religious man who had also witnessed a UFO with 6 other people. Everyone thought that he would be the one to finally release UFO info to the public but as the story goes, he was repeatedly stonewalled. Eventually, the CIA had "the talk" with him, and afterward it was reported that he sunk his head in his hands and not only began to deeply sob but was visibly disturbed for some weeks afterward.
What was he told and shown?
He was told that the major religions including Christianity were programs created by extraterrestrials to prevent us from destroying ourselves while they ran their experiments on us and that they made us. At this moment it became clear to Carter that such information could cause tremendous economic and social upheaval. I should add that I am not only a Christian but a clergyman, so I am in no way attempting to promote atheism here. In fact, how God fits into this might be an interesting separate post. Nevertheless, these are the facts as I know them to be".
- Ed Harris Former Research Associate at NASA Ames Research Center
Author and world's leading UFO researcher Richard Dolan also writes about this incident in his book "UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed. According to his book, there are claims that President Carter was given a UFO briefing at the White House on June 14, 1977, which he was then bound to secrecy about.

jkag89

Why did I know this was the direction this thread was going to go.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Yup. This on in you all for engaging .
dermdoc
AG
In my opinion, Christianity is about a relationship, not a religion.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
kurt vonnegut said:

You're right. Just once it would be nice if Spydey would expand on a premise instead of continually throwing the same old crap on the wall hoping this time it will stick. These could be interesting topics if he were willing to actually bring something to the table.
BrazosDog02
AG
ETA: just realized the conspiracy theorist and the OP are the same person so I wasted my typing all this out for nothing. I'm just going to leave it because it was a neat topic and one that has crossed my mind before.

I do not think religion is or was "installed". I think it is a synthesized idea borne of man to make sense and create meaning in a world that doesn't make sense or have much meaning. I believe there is a god but I do not believe the antics that one has to go through in which to reach him. So in that regard, I believe religion was modified to exert control and create a means of making somewhat crappy people better and good people great. We are animals at heart and would steal from and kill our fellow man for a crumb of food if needed. Everyone would. Laws mean nothing…eternal damnation curbs these instincts to a large degree and can reach a much larger audience. While I believe in god, I do not believe he interferes with any aspect of daily life good or bad. We are highly intelligent, some more than others as per my personal experience, but intelligent nonetheless. We live for a brief time and yet have the ability to accomplish great things in that time period. It is natural to consider the idea that there must be more to what we do or that we have purpose. So, no, I don't think it was installed so much as something we have self created and then groups of people improved to further corrective action and power for themselves.
Antoninus

I don't think so. The genesis of religion is just primitive people trying to understand the world around them.

Of course, those same primitive people used leeches as a medical tool. There comes a time with when these sorts of things no longer serve a purpose.
ramblin_ag02
AG
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3757849/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
canadiaggie
AG
yes, by the Bene Gesserit

Lisan al-Ghaib!
Leonard H. Stringfield
dermdoc said:

In my opinion, Christianity is about a relationship, not a religion.
Derm, you looked pretty sharp in the 41 at Olsen the other day.

Leonard H. Stringfield
jkag89 said:

kurt vonnegut said:

You're right. Just once it would be nice if Spydey would expand on a premise instead of continually throwing the same old crap on the wall hoping this time it will stick. These could be interesting topics if he were willing to actually bring something to the table.
The following dove-tails with the data revealed by Farsight Institute-Atlanta, GA, using a technique developed by Stanford Research Institute and our CIA for military espionage purposes.

Quote:
"Yes, the incident of Jimmy Carter crying after being briefed about classified information regarding UFO's is largely believed to be true by the serious researchers on the subject. As a forewarning, the following information is very unsettling and will explain why Carter never "kept his promise" of revealing classified UFO information to the public.
According to the story that was corroborated by more than one witness, U.S. presidents are only given a cursory overview of the subject. Apparently, the CIA runs the program, only provide information to the President on a need-to-know basis, and do not consider presidential curiosity as sufficient need to know. This was implemented after Kennedy, and all presidents after him have been given only summary briefings (some presidents for unknown reasons were given more than others).
Okay on to your question. President Carter is a deeply religious man who had also witnessed a UFO with 6 other people. Everyone thought that he would be the one to finally release UFO info to the public but as the story goes, he was repeatedly stonewalled. Eventually, the CIA had "the talk" with him, and afterward it was reported that he sunk his head in his hands and not only began to deeply sob but was visibly disturbed for some weeks afterward.
What was he told and shown?
He was told that the major religions including Christianity were programs created by extraterrestrials to prevent us from destroying ourselves while they ran their experiments on us and that they made us. At this moment it became clear to Carter that such information could cause tremendous economic and social upheaval. I should add that I am not only a Christian but a clergyman, so I am in no way attempting to promote atheism here. In fact, how God fits into this might be an interesting separate post. Nevertheless, these are the facts as I know them to be".
- Ed Harris Former Research Associate at NASA Ames Research Center
Author and world's leading UFO researcher Richard Dolan also writes about this incident in his book "UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed. According to his book, there are claims that President Carter was given a UFO briefing at the White House on June 14, 1977, which he was then bound to secrecy about.

jkag89
hmm . . ., Where did I read this before?
Leonard H. Stringfield
jkag89 said:

hmm . . ., Where did I read this before?
Your thoughts?

jkag89
hmmm, where did I post my thoughts on this before?
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
one MEEN Ag
AG
Yes. Christianity would like you to control your passions as part of your journey towards salvation. To advocate against any levels of control would be to condone society running towards hedonism as fast as possible.
DirtDiver

Quote:

I think the term that best fits when one uses a religion to control another is a cult.

When I dive into the text of the Bible, I see a God that has the ability to exercise control over nature, human flesh and ailments, life, death, space, stars, essentially all that exists and yet He made/makes conscious choices to not exercise full control over humanity in giving us free-will.

If humanity was fully controlled in all that we do and think, we would never experience love or freedom.
UTExan
If by control, you mean laws designed to respect your neighbor's life, property and liberty, then the Ten Commandments are undoubtedly designed to guide our thoughts and control over our actions.
I cannot speak for Muslims, especially concerning the suras and traditions regarding treatment of Jews and Christians.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
dermdoc
AG
Jesus said he came to set the prisoner (us) free. And live an abundant life.

Now man made religion on the other hand..
Leonard H. Stringfield
one MEEN Ag said:

Yes. Christianity would like you to control your passions as part of your journey towards salvation. To advocate against any levels of control would be to condone society running towards hedonism as fast as possible.
We've been "managed" for a very long time. From genetic modifications to installment of religions. Perhaps some factions at least had our best interest at heart. Others...not so much. Just relaying what the data suggests. The ones our military has sided with for instance. Hopefully, that will be ending. Tremendous battle taking place behind the scenes in the Pentagon currently.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.