A Sad Day in Austin

1,505 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by SoulSlaveAG2005
747Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last Latin Mass in the cathedral. Missa Solemnis.

https://nydamphoto.shootproof.com/gallery/24115434/home
BonfireNerd04
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.
747Ag
AG
BonfireNerd04 said:

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.

That's not why people attend that Mass.
The BQ Jock
I know many are coming to the St. Joseph's chapel from Austin for Latin Mass now. Masses at 7:30am and 10am on Sunday. Right next to Lee HS. Hope to see you there, as well.
747Ag
AG
Long drive from Florida.
747Ag
AG
Also, Dripping Springs parish is gaining new members.
jkag89
747Ag said:

Long drive from Florida.
You don't have your own private 747? I know anything smaller would not be able to accommodate the family.
747Ag
AG
jkag89 said:

747Ag said:

Long drive from Florida.
You don't have your own private 747? I know anything smaller would not be able to accommodate the family.

Hard times make it hard to upgrade the Catholic Assault Vehicle
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
So sad.

Eta: I'm sure since we are under the temporary authority of Bishop Joe right now, the Latin Mass in our diocese will soon be shut down.

Someone soon will be along to condescendingly deride and divide out those who wish to worship in the TLM, as being there for smells and bells, rather than welcome and be inclusive of their desire to worship God as they see fit.
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

So sad.

Eta: I'm sure since we are under the temporary authority of Bishop Joe right now, the Latin Mass in our diocese will soon be shut down.

Someone soon will be along to condescendingly deride and divide out those who wish to worship in the TLM, as being there for smells and bells, rather than welcome and be inclusive of their desire to worship God as they see fit.

FWIW, the TLM is still in Waco, Brenham, and Dripping Springs as far as diocesan Masses are concerned. The SSPX has an outreach in town as well.
jrico2727
AG
I honestly don't think that is the case.

It's my understanding that the diocese of Austin asked for an extension, and it was the Vatican that denied the request cancelling the Mass. I don't think he will do anything to support or suppress the TLM, outside of direct command from Rome.

Also, isn't the TLM in Tyler mostly with the FSSP? If so that is more secure than a diocesean TLM.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I believe the FSSP parish is St Joesph the Worker. A beautiful small parish.

I was more concerned about the TLM that is at the Cathedral, since it is in the Cathedral and not a parish church.

And I mean no disrespect to Bishop Joe, (I really like him). I just figure that his orders are from above in regards to the TLM, and our Cathedral will follow suit.

We don't attend the TLM, however it is usually very full each week with a great amount of faithful Catholics coming to love and worship the Lord, and then go out and be the body of Christ in the world.
747Ag
AG
747Ag said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

So sad.

FWIW, the TLM is still in Waco, Brenham, and Dripping Springs as far as diocesan Masses are concerned. The SSPX has an outreach in town as well.

Interestingly, Fr. Liu (cathedral rector) and Fr. Nguyen (Dripping Springs) both came to appreciate and learn the Old Mass in Waco. The Saint Gregory Society doing good work in the vineyard. Both are good priests and have positively impacted my family in ways they won't know until their particular judgement.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Is that Fr. Justin Nguyen? Last I saw him was in Mexia. Loved him as our priest for the short time he was in Waco.
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

I was more concerned about the TLM that is at the Cathedral, since it is in the Cathedral and not a parish church.

And I mean no disrespect to Bishop Joe, (I really like him). I just figure that his orders are from above in regards to the TLM, and our Cathedral will follow suit.

We don't attend the TLM, however it is usually very full each week with a great amount of faithful Catholics coming to love and worship the Lord, and then go out and be the body of Christ in the world.

The cathedral TLM will eventually go away (unless a future pope reverses TC). Parish church is not to have TLM. Eventually Rome will intervene.
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Is that Fr. Justin Nguyen? Last I saw him was in Mexia. Loved him as our priest for the short time he was in Waco.

Yessir. I last saw him in Mexia as well. He's in Dripping Springs now.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
747Ag said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

The cathedral TLM will eventually go away (unless a future pope reverses TC). Parish church is not to have TLM. Eventually Rome will intervene.

Let us pray.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
747Ag said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Yessir. I last saw him in Mexia as well. He's in Dripping Springs now.

That's awesome. When our oldest, ATM (turns 10 tomorrow! :0 ), was in utero he would always kick the most during Fr. Justin's homilies. We had originally wanted to have him baptized by Fr Justin, however he was moved before we were able to get the baptism set.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.