Jewish prof starts to get it on double standard

3,901 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by ts5641
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nypost.com/2024/04/24/us-news/jewish-nyu-professor-lashes-out-at-hypocritical-anti-israel-protesters/

Quote:

A Jewish NYU professor tore into anti-Israel student protesters, calling out the "double standard" that allows them to spread antisemitism when hate spread about other groups would never be tolerated.

"I can tell you, if I went into the NYU square with a white hood on and said, 'Lynch the blacks' or 'Burn the gays,' my ID would be shut off by that night," Scott Galloway, an NYU Stern School of Business professor, told MSNBC on Tuesday.

"I would never work in academia again," he added. "There would be no need for the words 'context' or 'nuance,' I wouldn't be protected by the First Amendment or free speech."
This guy is starting to get it. He made some other great comments too.

Quote:

"If you look at TikTok, there are 52 videos that are pro-Hamas or pro-Palestine for every one served on Israel," he said.

"I think that we are being manipulated. I think Americans are easier fooled and they've been fooled."

Galloway said he also thinks students on campus are incorrectly conflating the civil rights movement with the ongoing war in Gaza.
Yup. Influencers are hard at work on these young skulls full of mush as Rush so eloquently put it.

Now, professor, realize this. The Democrat Party is not your friend, and is the driving force behind a lot of this. Vote accordingly.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Gilligan
AG
techno-ag said:

Yup. Influencers are hard at work on these young skulls full of mush as Rush so eloquently put it.

This is so understated...
BadMoonRisin
AG
If they are just now getting it, Jews might be the smoothest brains on planet earth.

HELLO! They have been yelling at you for years telling you they hate you, and telling you that the other guy was the anti-semitist. You were cool with it because you identified as being a "jew" instead of being "white".

And they still got your vote.

Now, the jew's on the other foot (sorry), and you dont know how to act toward your petulant children you trained and raised on hate of races.

So now, what?
bmks270
AG
Ironic that these professors are the same ones who educated these kids.
Hungry Ojos
The left has absolutely despised all things Jewish since the beginning of time (including Jesus). Why they continue to vote for their eventual extermination is the dumbest thing imaginable.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Nanomachines son
He still doesn't get it. Jews have supported anti-white hatred for decades. They are just now realizing that in supporting that, they have effectively made themselves superwhites among blacks and Hispanics who are ultra privileged.

Among leftists, this is almost exclusively a non-white issue and virtually all of them view Jews as "superwhites" at this point.
rgvag11
"If you look at TikTok, there are 52 videos that are pro-Hamas or pro-Palestine for every one served on Israel,"

More reason to ban Chinese-controlled TikTok.
Actual Talking Thermos
techno-ag said:

"I can tell you, if I went into the NYU square with a white hood on and said, 'Lynch the blacks' or 'Burn the gays,' my ID would be shut off by that night,"
Just a little bit of a false equivalence there, pal. Just so outraged that anti-Zionist sentiment is allowed to be expressed by protestors with plenty of Jewish students among them.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
I'd like to be wrong, but I don't believe the recent wave of anti-semitism will change the voting habits of most American Jews.

Rather, they will still support the same party for their 'policies', but they would like to expunge the haters.

It's puzzling. All I can surmise is that most are too proud to admit that they've been betting on the wrong horse, and doing so for a long, long, long time.
Ellis Wyatt
Interesting. I remember when Hussein started ISIS, there were ISIS videos of slaughtering people all over Facebook that they were using to recruit.

Hussein and the swamp sure do back terrible people.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
The Chinese tech company's two founders own 20%, TikTok employees (7000+ are US citizens, many of whom live in Texas) own 20%, and the remaining 60% are European & North American investors. It isn't 'Chinese owned'; all you are doing is spreading the lie used by politicians to hide their true intentions, which was motivated by mega donations from Meta & Google to control the narrative.

Seriously, why do you Leftist LOVE suppressing "speech"?!?!
SA68AG
AG
"I can tell you, if I went into the NYU square with a white hood on and said, 'Lynch the blacks' or 'Burn the gays,' my ID would be shut off by that night," Scott Galloway, an NYU Stern School of Business professor, told MSNBC on Tuesday.

But if you said the same things about conservatives or Trump supporters, you'd be praised.

When are you going to tell us about that double standard ?
WolfCall
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Interesting. I remember when Hussein started ISIS, their were ISIS videos of slaughtering people all over Facebook that they were using to recruit.

Hussein and the swamp sure do back terrible people.

Speaking of videos from the likes of ISIS.......

https://nypost.com/2024/04/24/world-news/hamas-publishes-propaganda-video-of-israeli-american-hersh-goldberg-polin-in-first-sighting-since-oct-7/
Quote:

Hamas publishes propaganda video of Israeli-American Hersh Goldberg-Polin missing his left arm in first sighting since Oct. 7
By Olivia Land
Published April 24, 2024 Updated April 24, 2024, 11:23 a.m. ET

Hamas published a propaganda video of Israeli-American dual citizen Hersh Goldberg-Polin on Wednesday, marking the first sign of life from the 23-year-old since he was abducted by the terror group on Oct. 7.

In the video, a gaunt-looking Goldberg-Polin identified himself as Israeli and said he had been held captive for "nearly 200 days," suggesting that the video was taken recently, the Times of Israel noted.

Goldberg-Polin is seen with a buzzed haircut and missing his left arm from below the elbow.

The limb was blown off when Hamas descended on the Supernova music festival in the Negev desert in the early hours of Oct. 7....

https://nypost.com/2024/04/24/us-news/palestinian-radical-at-columbia-nothing-wrong-with-hamas/
Quote:

Pro-terror radical launched 2-hour anti-Israel tirade at Columbia University event weeks before protests exploded: 'Nothing wrong with being a Hamas fighter'
By Isabel Vincent and Social Links forDana Kennedy
Published April 24, 2024 Updated April 24, 2024, 7:35 a.m. ET

Radical anti-Israel activists told Columbia students, "There is nothing wrong with being a fighter in Hamas" weeks before the campus exploded in pro-Palestinian protests.

In a two-hour tirade to the hardest core of anti-Israeli activists at Columbia and its sister college, Barnard, Charlotte Kates, international coordinator of Samidoun, the Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, said, "These are the people who are on the front lines defending Palestine and fighting for its liberation."

Kates who was referring to a terrorist organization responsible for the mass murder of hundreds of Israelis on October 7 and her husband, Khaled Barakat, spoke to members of the Columbia University Apartheid Divest Group in a seminar called "Resistance 101.".....

rgvag11
I didn't say 'owned'.

I said 'controlled'.

You have to be naive to believe the Chinese government does not use TikTok to influence other countries. It's their MO.
MouthBQ98
AG
Fwiw, the Jews spent a good amount of time being persecuted by religious and institutional conservatives historically, so they have their own institutional fear of western conservatism. They seem to be slow to accept the ideological reversal that has occurred with the intrusion of Islamic minorities extensively into western nations and the sort of religious reformation within much of western culture that has led to conservative alignment with the traditional and largely conservative elements of traditional or orthodox Judaism and the political alignment with Israel as a fairly reliable ally in a volatile area of the world.

The left now sees Jews increasingly as an oppressor class instead of a victim class, and a lot of Jews who spent lifetimes as a small minority with a history of oppression are having trouble digesting that shift. It's turned their world a bit upside down and the alternatives probably seem to realign with conservatives, or become more visibly radically liberal in order to avoid persecution. (Not unlike what is happening with some Christian groups) I'm sure it is causing a schism within the Jewish communities.
aggiez03
AG

Glad to see certain folks are waking up, but really having a hard time giving a **** for a lot of people who voted lib their whole life...
doubledog
And yet this professor, most likely, votes democratic. Talk about a double standard.
WolfCall
AG
Why doesn't someone start a thread asking for Jewish college/university students in the U.S. to tell us what they think about what is going on and how they and their parents have voted in the past, without feedback or criticism from us F16-ers?
MouthBQ98
AG
aggiez03 said:

Glad to see certain folks are waking up, but really having a hard time giving a **** for a lot of people who voted lib their whole life...

I don't. Prodigal sons. You don't spite them. You welcome them and their political support. We need more votes any way we can get them.
aggiez03
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

aggiez03 said:

I don't. Prodigal sons. You don't spite them. You welcome them and their political support. We need more votes any way we can get them.
If they decide to change their ways and voting record, then fine, open arms, have my full support.

Just like a certain poster here, who says he made a mistake voting D, but have no doubt he will do it again in Nov.

Most Leopards never change their spots...
jagvocate
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I won't believe this until AIPAC quits supporting Democrats
annie88
AG
He's not wrong.

Funky Winkerbean
AG
These matters should be discussed as an exercise in conceptual thought, but conceptual thinking is immediately labeled as hate speech or racism.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

If they are just now getting it, Jews might be the smoothest brains on planet earth.

HELLO! They have been yelling at you for years telling you they hate you, and telling you that the other guy was the anti-semitist. You were cool with it because you identified as being a "jew" instead of being "white".

Now, the jew's on the other foot (sorry), and you dont know how to act toward your petulant children you trained and raised on hate of races.

So now, what?

The old and New Testaments pretty well document that the Jewish people are stiff necked and quick to fall back to sin.

As we all are. But come on, how many times do we have to repeat the same things before we can figure out how to pass along historical lessons so we don't have to repeat them and needlessly suffer
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
captkirk
AG

Quote:

Maybe it's time to let Columbia, Yale, and other elite schools become what they already basically are: finishing schools for the children of Chinese, Qatari, and other global elites. And let anyone interested in America's future pursue education elsewhere. For some, this will mean applying to alternative institutions, like the University of Austin; for others, trade schools might offer a remunerative alternative. The undying American spirit of innovation will likely come up with more initiatives that cost less and offer much more than four years in an airless, ideological gulag.

It's time we approached our elite universities not as critical institutions that we must repair but as national security threats that we must address forcefully. The message out of Columbia this week is that there's nothing left on campus but fanatics awash in foreign funds, and fawned over by a faculty that long ago lost its decency, its courage, and its reason.
BboroAg
AG
White middle-class Christian males are living in the same paradigm
AggieVictor10
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

So now, what?

Can't the same be said for every demographic choosing neo -marxism over traditional American values?

Maybe they just dont know
BBRex
AG
Nanomachines son said:

He still doesn't get it. Jews have supported anti-white hatred for decades. They are just now realizing that in supporting that, they have effectively made themselves superwhites among blacks and Hispanics who are ultra privileged.

Among leftists, this is almost exclusively a non-white issue and virtually all of them view Jews as "superwhites" at this point.
In that chart of anti-semitism, I think liberal whites, in particular, have been able to separate "Jewish" from "Israeli." They would say they are fine with Jews, but they disapprove of the government of Israel. Some say that has been a way to mask anti-semitism, or at least make it palatable. I'm not sure I agree, but I can see the argument.
Stressboy
AG
History always repeats and those that understand it profit or rise to power. Lessons only last a few generations thus the need for an example like the Jews.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I think your point is valid-I have a leftist cousin who is pro Palestine and anti (her word) "Zionist" but I do not believe she is anti American Jew. Is she wrong? Yes, but the distinction is there.
Harry Stone
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

I think your point is valid-I have a leftist cousin who is pro Palestine and anti (her word) "Zionist" but I do not believe she is anti American Jew. Is she wrong? Yes, but the distinction is there.

Nope, she's an anti-semite. Remember we were told that because Trump wanted to ban a few countries from coming to the US he was an islamophobe, not protecting us from terrorism. Your leftist cousin cant have it both ways.
American Hardwood
AG
BBRex said:

Nanomachines son said:

In that chart of anti-semitism, I think liberal whites, in particular, have been able to separate "Jewish" from "Israeli." They would say they are fine with Jews, but they disapprove of the government of Israel. Some say that has been a way to mask anti-semitism, or at least make it palatable. I'm not sure I agree, but I can see the argument.
I don't accept the survey data at all.

Every single day on this forum we see examples of watch-what-they-do-not-what-they-say regarding the left. Do you actually thing they are going to suddenly be honest about their attitudes in a survey? Hell, they may not even realize their antisemitism themselves, they sure don't recognize their racism against minorities while they shout from the rooftops about being self-appointed champions on race.
agracer
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Fwiw, the Jews spent a good amount of time being persecuted by religious and institutional conservatives historically, so they have their own institutional fear of western conservatism. They seem to be slow to accept the ideological reversal that has occurred with the intrusion of Islamic minorities extensively into western nations and the sort of religious reformation within much of western culture that has led to conservative alignment with the traditional and largely conservative elements of traditional or orthodox Judaism and the political alignment with Israel as a fairly reliable ally in a volatile area of the world.

The left now sees Jews increasingly as an oppressor class instead of a victim class, and a lot of Jews who spent lifetimes as a small minority with a history of oppression are having trouble digesting that shift. It's turned their world a bit upside down and the alternatives probably seem to realign with conservatives, or become more visibly radically liberal in order to avoid persecution. (Not unlike what is happening with some Christian groups) I'm sure it is causing a schism within the Jewish communities.
At first I was like "WTF are you talking about" and Nazi's...but realize there could be some historical context?

Would like to hear why you state that historically they were "persecuted by religious and institutional conservatives" when the most recent examples from the 19th and 20th century were the communists in Russia and the Nazi's in Germany (neither of which were conservative nor religious).
BadMoonRisin
AG
annie88 said:

He's not wrong.

This is how you get the "Hitler" you want to oppose.

It's not Steve Bannon, it's whatever else comes after him. And it's going to come hard and fast and these ******s arent going to know what hits them.

Am I "OK" with that?" absolutely not.

Am I "OK" with these stupid ****-tards getting their commuppance-- you're absolutely right I do.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.