Jewish prof starts to get it on double standard

3,904 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by ts5641
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

"I think that we are being manipulated. I think Americans are easier fooled and they've been fooled."

We have a winner
American Hardwood
AG
Typical strategy of the left, create division, even if the division is a mental construct to justify your position. American Jews=good, Israeli Jews=bad. Using the term "Zionist" helps sell the separation.

Unfortunately for them, the actions of the more violent protesters aren't making the same distinctions which is going to make that construct difficult to maintain.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm talking going way back. Last few centuries. Liberals didn't have any power real in Europe until the 20th century.
American Hardwood
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Quote:

"I think that we are being manipulated. I think Americans are easier fooled and they've been fooled."

We have a winner
Whoa there buddy, the "Americans" in your insular yankee bubble that you live in might be fooled, but there's a few of us out there that have been on this for quite a few years now.....
American Hardwood
AG
That's a long time back to still carry an institutional bias against conservatives and Christians. I think it has more today with them succumbing to modern leftist propaganda telling them it's conservatives and Christians.
MouthBQ98
AG
It's not really. Some cultures last a long time with relatively little change. The Jews tended to be small tightly knit communities with a lot of "commune" within the community and that makes them somewhat historically alien to the other communities they lived amongst and also more sympathetic to a communal political and ideological system that scales functionally at the small local level but fails catastrophically as it scales up.

I would think this culture of wariness is fairly durable and would take some time to open up, but I think we agree Jewish culture has spectra that make the population particularly vulnerable to the Marxist/Maoist siren song.
agracer
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm talking going way back. Last few centuries. Liberals didn't have any power real in Europe until the 20th century.
I'd ask why that's relevant?

Historically, my Irish ancestors were persecuted to all hell by the British. My mother, who was born and raised in Dublin, had no love for the British, but I have absolutely no ill will towards them, nor do my life outlooks consider how they treated the Irish historically (and still to this day).

I would think the Jewish in America would remember how they were treated by the Nazi's (not religious or conservative) and the communists in Russia (not religious or conservative) and keep that in mind over anything the church might have done to them in the 1200's.

Or were you just trying to get in a dig on conservatives and religion?
annie88
AG
doubledog said:

And yet this professor, most likely, votes democratic. Talk about a double standard.
Maybe this will finally change his mind. I doubt it given he still trying to justify who to blame, but it would be nice. If maybe this finally kicked some of them over.
Ol Rock
AG
For a group that is attacked and victimized consistently the left, Jewish people sure seem to vote Democrat a lot.

I guess many Christians do it as well.
ttu_85
agracer said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I'd ask why that's relevant?

Historically, my Irish ancestors were persecuted to all hell by the British. My mother, who was born and raised in Dublin, had no love for the British, but I have absolutely no ill will towards them, nor do my life outlooks consider how they treated the Irish historically (and still to this day).

I would think the Jewish in America would remember how they were treated by the Nazi's (not religious or conservative) and the communists in Russia (not religious or conservative) and keep that in mind over anything the church might have done to them in the 1200's.

Or were you just trying to get in a dig on conservatives and religion?
Please take a posters posting history into account, REALLY !!!! This is one of the most articulate conservative posters on this board
NE PA Ag
American Hardwood said:

That's a long time back to still carry an institutional bias against conservatives and Christians. I think it has more today with them succumbing to modern leftist propaganda telling them it's conservatives and Christians.

It's both really. This has probably been changing the last 20/30 years, but the history of the Inquisition and the pogroms of Tsarist Russia are major examples of history that are definitely kept very much alive in the Jewish community. Combine that with leftist propaganda for the last century, and that can take a while to get through.

That said, that same 100 years of leftist propaganda has reinforced a long time divorce of "intellectual" non religious, ethnic Jews from devout Jews. Devout, Conservative Jews favor Israel much more, and tend to vote Republican. The other side is typically anti-Israel and votes Democrat and are by far the majority of the Jewish population in this country.
Muy
AG
The civil rights movement? This guy may get this but he is more than likely hugely liberal and is totally cool fighting for civil rights that no longer need to be fought for since the 1960's.
91AggieLawyer
AG
agracer said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Fwiw, the Jews spent a good amount of time being persecuted by religious and institutional conservatives historically, so they have their own institutional fear of western conservatism. They seem to be slow to accept the ideological reversal that has occurred with the intrusion of Islamic minorities extensively into western nations and the sort of religious reformation within much of western culture that has led to conservative alignment with the traditional and largely conservative elements of traditional or orthodox Judaism and the political alignment with Israel as a fairly reliable ally in a volatile area of the world.

The left now sees Jews increasingly as an oppressor class instead of a victim class, and a lot of Jews who spent lifetimes as a small minority with a history of oppression are having trouble digesting that shift. It's turned their world a bit upside down and the alternatives probably seem to realign with conservatives, or become more visibly radically liberal in order to avoid persecution. (Not unlike what is happening with some Christian groups) I'm sure it is causing a schism within the Jewish communities.
At first I was like "WTF are you talking about" and Nazi's...but realize there could be some historical context?

Would like to hear why you state that historically they were "persecuted by religious and institutional conservatives" when the most recent examples from the 19th and 20th century were the communists in Russia and the Nazi's in Germany (neither of which were conservative nor religious).

Anyone who tries to draw ANY parallels between Nazi Germany or the Communist Soviet Union at any point, but especially under Stalin, and American conservatism doesn't know what the F they're talking about. There are no parallels.

Neither had constitutional protections for:

-- free speech
-- 2nd Amendment rights
-- lower taxes
-- less regulation and less government
-- more faith/religion and tolerance thereof

and a hundred other things. Just because all Republicans don't believe in this or not all of these things have been universally implemented doesn't mean anything. Nor does the idea that some Christian faiths see certain lifestyles as sinful.

Look at today's democrat party and you'll find FAR more parallels between Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia than anything else.
Muy
AG
Antifa is exactly what is claims to be fighting against. Every one of them votes left.
ts5641
Welcome to the party pal!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.