American fertility rates hit recorded low because peeps ain't getting low

3,547 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by 2aggiesmom
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is something we've talked about here quite a bit, but peeps ain't having no babies.

Americans aren't having babies

Quote:

The total fertility rate fell to 1.62 births per woman in 2023, a 2% decline from a year earlier, federal data released Thursday showed. It is the lowest rate recorded since the government began tracking it in the 1930s.
Quote:

A confluence of factors are at play. American women are having fewer children, later in life. Women are establishing fulfilling careers and have more access to contraception.

At the same time, young people are also more uncertain about their futures and spending more of their income on homeownership, student debt and child care.
Quote:

"People are making rather reasoned decisions about whether or not to have a child at all," said Karen Benjamin Guzzo, director of the Carolina Population Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. "More often than not, I think what they're deciding is 'Yes, I'd like to have children, but not yet.'"
Quote:

An influx of people immigrating to the U.S. could offset the impact of lower birthrates on the U.S. population's size, said Hamilton, the report author. Immigration has risen in recent years, easing labor shortages and expanding the population of big metropolitan areas.
Quote:

Women in their mid-to-late 30s are having children at similar rates to those in their early to mid-20s. Birthrates for women 35-39 fell to 54.7 births per 1,000 womencloser to the rates for women 20-24, which dropped 4% to 55.4 births per 1,000 women in 2023.
Logos Stick
Lots of females gonna end up single, childless and lonely in old age. Much deception.
Barnyard96
AG
And it will be a man's fault.
Get Off My Lawn
Barnyard96 said:

And it will be a man's fault.
And productive men will end up footing the bill via social spending which flows out of their misapplication of a repressed mothering instinct.
"What leftists describe as "empathy" or "compassion" is really narcissism: the feeling of being a "good person" and having power over the putative victims they so solicitously help.
The tell is that there is no reconsideration when their "empathy" causes harm to the people it’s directed to. - PEG
MD1993
AG
I think it will get even worse as young people are encouraged to only "live their best life" vs seeing the fulfilling nature of having a family.
One Louder
AG
I hope these women aren't sitting around in their old age waiting for their "cHosEn faMiLy" to be there for them and their cats.
TheRealCoachO
Logos Stick said:

Lots of females gonna end up single, childless and lonely in old age. Much deception.
Statistically speaking these people vote Democrat at a 70% clip, so thats perfectly acceptable to them.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Logos Stick said:

so what your saying is buy all stocks that deal with cats. huge upside over next 15 years.
Faustus
NM.
El Gallo Blanco
Logos Stick said:

One of the greatest cons in the history of the world is convincing the vast majority of women that flashy things and materialism and working demanding 9 to 5 jobs is the key to happiness. The fallout is going to be crazy. These women will all turn into bitter deranged rabid leftists as they age. Devoid of any true happiness or fulfillment. Fortunately, they will be largely unarmed.

If I was the devil, and I wanted to tear apart the fabric of the traditional judeo-christian family structure, that is exactly what I would do. I would convince them even that killing their own offspring is noble and courageous and can bring happiness and fulfillment.

The future will be interesting, with young males trending to the right, and females equally to the left. A ton of left-of-center cat collecting females going to be left out of the equation and their lineage will just wither away. While conservatives will continue to procreate.
FlyRod
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/why-bad-looks-good/202102/why-so-many-single-women-without-children-are-happy
TexasAggie73
AG
Logos Stick said:

Then, could the same thing be said about men being single, childless and lonely in old age if they don't have a woman?
2aggiesmom
One Louder said:

I hope these women aren't sitting around in their old age waiting for their "cHosEn faMiLy" to be there for them and their cats.
My daughter just had our first grandbaby boy in February. She turned 38 today. She is a full time mom at the present and nursing her son . She was single and working full time February 2023 when she reconnected with a good friend from college. They both say they knew right away they wanted to have a family together. Baby Mack is already hearing about his future as a fighting Texas Aggie football player, like his daddy.
El Gallo Blanco
TexasAggie73 said:

Logos Stick said:

Then, could the same thing be said about men being single, childless and lonely in old age if they don't have a woman?
Yes, but a lot may start taking to migrant women fromt he south and foreign women from overseas. Most white women are awful, completely lost, and do not bring much to the table in terms of marriage. Very few even know how to cook or have the appropriate expectations for marriage. At least most migrant women come from a more traditional background. I would estimate that 60%+ of white women are completely useless as a potential spouse.
BlueSmoke
Overlay birth rates and marriage rates. Correlation / causation, I get it - but the data is alarming.
txwxman
2aggiesmom said:

One Louder said:

My daughter just had our first grandbaby boy in February. She turned 38 today. She is a full time mom at the present and nursing her son . She was single and working full time February 2023 when she reconnected with a good friend from college. They both say they knew right away they wanted to have a family together. Baby Mack is already hearing about his future as a fighting Texas Aggie football player, like his daddy.

Awesome to hear about someone living their best life AND having a family. Congrats! And thank you for shining a light in this dark thread!
FIDO95
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

TexasAggie73 said:

Logos Stick said:

Yes, but a lot may start taking to migrant women fromt he south and foreign women from overseas. Most white women are awful, completely lost, and do not bring much to the table in terms of marriage. Very few even know how to cook or have the appropriate expectations for marriage. At least most migrant women come from a more traditional background. I would estimate that 60%+ of white women are completely useless as a potential spouse.
That doesn't always work out as good as you think it does.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
themissinglink
AG
Counting biological men in the denominator brings down the rate
TRADUCTOR
"Tap water," Jones roared, was a "gay bomb, baby." "I don't like 'em putting chemicals in the water that turn the freakin' frogs gay!"

Fluoride impotent and or the gays could be
unintended consequences
Aggie95
AG
TheRealCoachO said:

Logos Stick said:

Statistically speaking these people vote Democrat at a 70% clip, so thats perfectly acceptable to them.

Until they realize the policies they vote for require a giant pyramid scheme of money coming in at the bottom (younger workers) to take care of the older non-workers. These idiots will whine and cry when they have no social security or money left.
Canyon99
Congrats on the grandchild! First child at 37 is a bold move.
rgag12
AG
FlyRod said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/why-bad-looks-good/202102/why-so-many-single-women-without-children-are-happy

This is what rationalization and coping sounds like.
Street Fighter
AG
Logos Stick said:

Don't forget the cats. Lot's of cats and crying and whining about it on (insert whatever social media is popular)
aggie93
AG
Logos Stick said:

It's as if all the messaging given to young women is designed to make them miserable in life. Very, very few women are happy long term trading a family for a career. That gets even worse as they realize that companies DGAF about you and you can spend 20 years sacrificing to build that career and a week after you leave a lot of people won't even remember you. They are increasingly pushed to go to college but very few want to major in fields that are high demand or pay well. Part of that also is most women aren't naturally as competitive as men and they are more concerned about trying to find something fulfilling as a career emotionally (once again replacing husband/family) but most will not find it.

I know several young women who are taking on huge debt in College and now are going back for a Masters where they will end up with solid 6 figure debt and in jobs that pay them $60-70k with a gradual increase. So they will be mid 20s and with a decade of frugal living just to pay that off in an intense job. So now they are in their mid 30s. If a man wants to marry her he is going to marry that debt too. Of course these women also have an inflated sense of worth because of their education so they only want a man who has at least equal education, makes more money than she does, and of course is attractive. They have been told not to settle and they think they will always be able to attract men like they have in college. Of course that gets much, much harder as they age and have less time to socialize. Then they also realize as they hit 30 that life by themselves isn't much fun. They want to have a guy that can do the man things around the house that maybe didn't bother them so much when they were younger or weren't really an issue as they lived in a dorm or a small apartment.

We just aren't having honest conversations with many young women. It's all about how they can do anything and be anything and downplaying consequences or responsibility. That's a path to unhappiness.
BassCowboy33
aggie93 said:

Logos Stick said:

It's as if all the messaging given to young women is designed to make them miserable in life. Very, very few women are happy long term trading a family for a career. That gets even worse as they realize that companies DGAF about you and you can spend 20 years sacrificing to build that career and a week after you leave a lot of people won't even remember you. They are increasingly pushed to go to college but very few want to major in fields that are high demand or pay well. Part of that also is most women aren't naturally as competitive as men and they are more concerned about trying to find something fulfilling as a career emotionally (once again replacing husband/family) but most will not find it.

I know several young women who are taking on huge debt in College and now are going back for a Masters where they will end up with solid 6 figure debt and in jobs that pay them $60-70k with a gradual increase. So they will be mid 20s and with a decade of frugal living just to pay that off in an intense job. So now they are in their mid 30s. If a man wants to marry her he is going to marry that debt too. Of course these women also have an inflated sense of worth because of their education so they only want a man who has at least equal education, makes more money than she does, and of course is attractive. They have been told not to settle and they think they will always be able to attract men like they have in college. Of course that gets much, much harder as they age and have less time to socialize. Then they also realize as they hit 30 that life by themselves isn't much fun. They want to have a guy that can do the man things around the house that maybe didn't bother them so much when they were younger or weren't really an issue as they lived in a dorm or a small apartment.

We just aren't having honest conversations with many young women. It's all about how they can do anything and be anything and downplaying consequences or responsibility. That's a path to unhappiness.
On the other end of that spectrum, fewer and fewer men are going to college, and early results are showing it's stifling their career earnings.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Would think the rates would go up since now men and women can be birthers
The Banned
Exactly. Most parents are raising their daughters to be sons that could potentially give birth. Even among conservatives they focus on getting their girls into sports, top of their class, good college, good career and then seem shocked when they get 0-1 grandchildren. These parents then put out the cope of "as long as she's happy" when all along the daughters were never taught that happiness will not be found in a "fulfilling career".

Teach your daughters to be good wives and mothers. Yes, educate them. Help them to be well rounded individuals. They can play sports and all that. But if the goal is worldly accomplishments, then taking on the role of mother and wife will seem far too beneath them in the future.

ETA: I am obviously speaking in generalities. I'm sure some people have taken the modern approach with their daughter and it turned out fine, but then averages are what they are.
Rex Racer
AG
MD1993 said:

I think it will get even worse as young people are encouraged to only "live their best life" vs seeing the fulfilling nature of having a family.
And given the decreasing number of young people who are choosing traditional male-female relationships.
Ags4DaWin
Quote from the article:

Women are establishing fulfilling careers

If they were so fulfilling why are 40% of women on anti-anxiety and depression meds and report the lowest happiness index of any generation ever?

And that includes 1940's SAHM
A Net Full of Jello
AG
TexasAggie73 said:

Logos Stick said:

Could they be? Yes. However, the average man at 40 can still easily have children without needing medical assistance. If he has established his career, he has a lifestyle he can offer a women in her mid-twenties that is very appealing. Now, switch the sexes. A woman in her 40s will have more difficulty getting pregnant without medical assistance and most 25 year old males aren't looking for a woman to support them. As much as the feminist movement wants to deny biology, it exists.
Furlock Bones
AG
Rates of unhappiness and depression have never been higher. Male suicide rates continue to climb. Materialism and online "connections" rather than real world relationships are destroying people.
Nanomachines son
El Gallo Blanco said:

TexasAggie73 said:

Logos Stick said:

No you won't be seeing this either. Why? Because their fertility rates are much lower than ours. Good luck finding a wife when no young people exist in those nations.

I'll never understand why Americans ignore the rest of the world on this issue. We're actually one of the better off nations from a TFR standpoint. Latin America and Asia are basically having zero kids now. The population of most of these nations are falling off a cliff now.
Jack Boyett
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

TexasAggie73 said:

Logos Stick said:

Migrant being the key word. 2nd generation are just as worthless as an American. I have a young supervisor in my plant. He and his wife are probably 25, very much Mexican but 2nd gen. She is a stay at home mom, but when the kid is sick he has to take off work to assist in taking care of the kid. Wife doesn't cook and doesn't seem to be capable of doing much with the kid either.
Nanomachines son
BlueSmoke said:

Overlay birth rates and marriage rates. Correlation / causation, I get it - but the data is alarming.

This doesn't work. Latin American birth rates are low because the majority of their births were out of wedlock, which is very different from the US, where most were planned. Birth control and abortion have sent theirs through the floor.
Stonegateag85
I had my first at 35 and my second at 38 (wife same ages). I dunno how I'm gonna survive, I'm tired as tits all the time!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.