LOL GDP

5,133 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by EskimoJoe
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1.6%

Bidenomics... **** Yeah!

I'm sure biden will get a bump in the polls. yeah, I'im serious!

There were expecting 2.4% LOLOL

Quote:

New York (CNN) US stocks tumbled Thursday morning after the latest GDP report showed that US economic growth slowed to 1.6% in the first quarter of the year, a much weaker pace than expected.

https://www.wral.com/story/dow-plunges-500-points-after-disappointing-gdp-report/21399051/
Rapier108
So given their propensity to boost the numbers, the GDP is probably barely above flat at best.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
RafterAg223
AG
This can't be. One of our resident cm's informed us just the other day that this economy is strong and healthy by pretty much every metric.
Logos Stick
STAGFLATION, anyone?
DrEvazanPhD
"unexpectedly!"
nortex97
AG
We're in a recession, best case, in the real economic world. The only question is what is admitted to/claimed by our idiot in charge government.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
"Much weaker than expected"

Everyone outside of D.C. and not depriving themselves of oxygen from their masks knew this
RafterAg223
AG
It's hilarious how many times in the past 3 years various posters here(or maybe just a couple under 20 different user names) have ended up with foot firmly in mouth after making "concrete" claims about everything from Covid to the economy.
Logos Stick
Rapier108 said:

So given their propensity to boost the numbers, the GDP is probably barely above flat at best.

Also, we use a new definition of GDP. Lots of folks forget about that (not saying you do). About 33% of the GDP number is complete bull**** based on the Obama definition, e.g. includes R&D spend, etc... that used to not be counted. Under the old def, we are more likely around 1%
RafterAg223
AG
I think this calls for another $100bn to Ukraine.
Señor Chang
AG
The low GDP is just transitory.
RafterAg223
AG
Say this GDP figure is even true, which it's likely completely cooked to the upside..... How much of this positive growth is only due to inflation in prices to the consumers?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Rapier108 said:

I don't know if GDP is up by 2.4% and inflation is up by 6% wouldn't that be a -3.6% decline in GDP?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Logos Stick
RafterAg223 said:

Say this GDP figure is even true, which it's likely completely cooked to the upside..... How much of this positive growth is only due to inflation in prices to the consumers?

It's adjusted for inflaiton.
RafterAg223
AG
Logos Stick said:

RafterAg223 said:

Glazed over that part. Still BS
BoydCrowder13
I do hate how some posters actively root for the US to fail.
Ghost Mech
the GDP print is terrible but more importantly......

Core inflation spikes higher....

Stagflation is rearing its ugly head.

As a result 10-year yield spikes higher....

the FED is going to have to step into the market to get those rates down. They will let it run today and tomorrow then jump in early next week.

Ellis Wyatt
Logos Stick said:

RafterAg223 said:

But only for the fake inflation number. Not the actual inflation number.
e=mc2
AG
RafterAg223 said:

It's hilarious how many times in the past 3 years various posters here(or maybe just a couple under 20 different user names) have ended up with foot firmly in mouth after making "concrete" claims about everything from Covid to the economy.
The beta boys are on the wrong side of common sense. They're a lot like women, emotionally. Low T ... more like NO T.
Ellis Wyatt
The Fed was always going to lower interest rates before the election to prop Biden up and interfere with it. I heard that's a crime.

Wait. I think only fake election interference is a crime.
aggiejayrod
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Rolling my eyes if you mean the posters who are saying the books are cooked. The only ones rooting for the US to fail are those rooting to keep Biden in office
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Come on man that's a great number Jack !
You think I'm kidding?
Anyway…….
TexasAggiesWin
S
Best economy ever!!!1!!11!!11!!!
deddog
AG
If only we had someone with a magic wand
BoydCrowder13
aggiejayrod said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Rolling my eyes if you mean the posters who are saying the books are cooked. The only ones rooting for the US to fail are those rooting to keep Biden in office

If we ever have negative economic reports, job reports, market performance, I know with 100% certainty OP will shortly have a thread spiking the football.
RafterAg223
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Yeah, it's the ones who keep telling us everything is great. Simply pointing out what is going on and calling out the left on their repeated "look over there, not here" BS is in no way wanting this country to fail. I want this BS to get fixed. We are headed off the cliff and the breaks don't work. The US will fail because DC is full of first class idiots, and the useful idiots in this country just keep lapping their BS up.
Ghost Mech
BoydCrowder13 said:

I am rooting for a completely corrupt, broken, and highly manipulated fascist system to fail, not the country. The people will quickly rebound once free markets are allowed to function.

deddog
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

Bull**** take.

The only one rooting for the US to fail are the morons who vote for Biden in the face of all the evidence that he has tanked the economy.

Maybe it's time you stop worrying about what Texags thinks, and look at the **** sandwhiches you are being dealt out by the Biden administration on a daily basis.
You can start with the GDP number above.
deddog
AG

First article on Marketwatch.

The propaganda continues but hey, Texags is rooting for the US economy to fail.
BoydCrowder13
deddog said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Bull**** take.

The only one rooting for the US to fail are the morons who vote for Biden in the face of all the evidence that he has tanked the economy.

Maybe it's time you stop worrying about what Texags thinks, and look at the **** sandwhiches you are being dealt out by the Biden administration on a daily basis.

The economy has problems. It's not as great as the media reports and not as bad as Texags whines about. I don't rejoice in bad economic news. I want the country and people to succeed regardless of who is in the Oval.

Politics has turned everything into a team sport and it creates crazy bias.
BigRobSA
RafterAg223 said:

I think this calls for another $100bn to Ukraine.

Well, duuuuuh!
jefe95
AG
Until the moron in chief stops attacking the energy industry, and oil/gas specifically, this isn't going to
Improve.

Fuel costs are embedded in absolutely everything.
Ghost Mech
You are talking about replacing a broken window of a burning house. These problems are much bigger than just the current President and his absurd policies.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
BoydCrowder13 said:

deddog said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

Bull**** take.

The economy has problems. It's not as great as the media reports and not as bad as Texags whines about. I don't rejoice in bad economic news. I want the country and people to succeed regardless of who is in the Oval.

Politics has turned everything into a team sport and it creates crazy bias.

the real economy is cratering it is as bad as many on texas ags thinks. it is being propped up by coordinated deception. every number is a lie.

credit card debt for average joe has skyrocketed and deleqincies are up as well. the only reason consumers are spending more is because **** costs a lot more not because of any real growth.

it's all a farce.
Biz Ag
AG
Dow down 660+ points today.

Let's go Brandon!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.