house passes antisemitism bill
9,208 Views | 189 Replies
Im Gipper
7:49p, 5/2/24
In reply to Yukon Cornelius
Yukon Cornelius said:

So if you hire a hit man you're absolved of murder?

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote!

Does a hit man kill a person at the request and urging of someone?

I'm Gipper
Yukon Cornelius
7:54p, 5/2/24
In reply to Im Gipper
You're trying to play semantics over what is abundantly clear. Jews murdered their King, Jesus. And then subsequently lied about his rising from tbe dead. Then proceeded to kill Christians and arrest them. Separating families with the purpose of destroying the spread of the Gospel. Historical facts.

And if you want to play semantics. Who arrested Jesus? Who started the process? Who asked for His blood to be on them? (Taking the responsibility of it?)
Im Gipper
7:55p, 5/2/24
Facts are not semantics! Sorry that upsets you!

I'm Gipper
BonfireNerd04
9:20p, 5/2/24
In reply to Raiderjay
Raiderjay said:

The Jews killed Jesus, that is an indisputable historical fact.......

Gee, I wonder where people get the idea that Christians are antisemites.
Dan Scott
9:36p, 5/2/24
Paulie Walnuts calls Jews "Christ killer"

Raiderjay
10:00p, 5/2/24
In reply to BonfireNerd04
BonfireNerd04 said:

Raiderjay said:

The Jews killed Jesus, that is an indisputable historical fact.......

Gee, I wonder where people get the idea that Christians are antisemites.

Um I love the Jews, we all killed Jesus with our sins, they were just the people of the time who advocated the Romans to crucify him

I don't blame the Jews for his death.they are Gods people. That was Gods plan and hownwe are all saved if we believe in him. But historically, they were the people of the time who prodded the Roman's to crucify him. I don't get why the Jews are so against this fact
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
Pantera
10:17p, 5/2/24
Kanye and myself DO NOT APPROVE!
Pantera
10:20p, 5/2/24
So when Pilate saw that he could do nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took some water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." Then the people as a whole answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"

The Jewish decide. Matthew 27:24

Interesting

"In his 2011 book, Pope Benedict XVI, besides repudiating placing blame on the Jewish people, interprets the passage found in the Gospel of Matthew which has the "crowd" (this being the translation of the specific original Greek word used in the text) saying "Let his blood be upon us and upon our children" as not referring to the whole Jewish people, but only to the group of supporters of the rebel Barabbas present at the trial. The other group identified by the pope as standing behind Jesus' trial is the "Temple aristocracy", another clearly defined category."

Interesting.
Yukon Cornelius
10:30p, 5/2/24
Just stop and think about this for a minute.

Over whelming bipartisan support for what?
Protecting US borders? No
Reducing National debt? No
Reducing national spending? No
Curbing inflation? No
Getting us out of foreign wars? No
Fixing our failing infrastructure? No
Fixing our failing Universities? No
Fixing our fentanyl problem? No
Reducing US dependence on foreign manufacturing and resources? No
Fixing monopolies? No

Ensuring you can't tell the truth about History in schools? Yes.
Faustus
12:47a, 5/3/24
In reply to Nanomachines son
Nanomachines son said:

Teslag said:

Harassment has a legal definition in Title VII

Quote:

Harassment becomes unlawful where 1) enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or 2) the conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive. Anti-discrimination laws also prohibit harassment against individuals in retaliation for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or lawsuit under these laws; or opposing employment practices that they reasonably believe discriminate against individuals, in violation of these laws.

Petty slights, annoyances, and isolated incidents (unless extremely serious) will not rise to the level of illegality. To be unlawful, the conduct must create a work environment that would be intimidating, hostile, or offensive to reasonable people.

Again, you would do yourself a world of favors if you just read the statutes on these laws instead of Twitter click bait.

The later is subjective so once again this solves nothing. This is why hate speech laws are a terrible idea.

At least now we can put to bed blasphemy laws for Christianity. Terrible ideas regardless of religion.
AggieVictor10
12:53a, 5/3/24
In reply to BadMoonRisin
BadMoonRisin said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

Does it actually ban "any criticism" of Israel, or just Hamas/Nazi-style rhetoric about eradicating Israel?
It doesn't matter. it's unconstitutional.

Counterpoint: the libs are triggered.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
Faustus
12:58a, 5/3/24
Yukon Cornelius said:

So if you hire a hit man you're absolved of murder?

2000 years seems like a long time to hold a grudge and harp on it for current day Jewish folk. It makes our reparations contingent for acts a couple of centuries or so ago seem pretty reasonable.

After all white Americans did own slaves almost 2000 years more recently than Jews let the Romans crucify Jesus (if that's what happened). You'd think you guys would be more sympathetic to others' long held grievances.

Edit - also did every Jewish person alive 2000 years ago have a hand in this, or was this a small group of individuals with power who decided?

Because it seems like we should name those guys rather than saying "the Jews". Like a list of 10-20 people, not the entire tribe. Did God say to blame all of them, or is that more of a historically convenient Christian POV?
agwrestler
10:12a, 5/3/24
Revelation 2:9-10 CSB
[9] I know your affliction and poverty, but you are rich. I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. [10] Don't be afraid of what you are about to suffer. Look, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison to test you, and you will experience affliction for ten days. Be faithful to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

https://bible.com/bible/1713/rev.2.9.CSB
jagvocate
11:30a, 5/3/24
Israel looks out for Israel first and every AIPAC-bought-out US politician does the same. No one is looking out for America's lower and middle classes.

zoneag
12:06p, 5/3/24
In reply to jagvocate
jagvocate said:

Israel looks out for Israel first and every AIPAC-bought-out US politician does the same. No one is looking out for America's lower and middle classes.
Indeed

Quote:

AIPAC's leaders can be immoderately frank about the group's influence. At dinner that night with Steven Rosen, I mentioned a controversy that had enveloped aipac in 1992. David Steiner, a New Jersey real-estate developer who was then serving as AIPAC president, was caught on tape boasting that he had "cut a deal" with the Administration of George H. W. Bush to provide more aid to Israel. Steiner also said that he was "negotiating" with the incoming Clinton Administration over the appointment of a pro-Israel Secretary of State. "We have a dozen people in his"Clinton's"headquarters . . . and they are all going to get big jobs," Steiner said. Soon after the tape's existence was disclosed, Steiner resigned his post. I asked Rosen if AIPAC suffered a loss of influence after the Steiner affair. A half smile appeared on his face, and he pushed a napkin across the table. "You see this napkin?" he said. "In twenty-four hours, we could have the signatures of seventy senators on this napkin."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2005/07/04/real-insiders

What the Israeli lobby wants, the Israeli lobby gets.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6 of 6
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings