Outdoors
Sponsored by

Creepy wolf activity tonight with the full moon

2,878 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by cupofjoe04
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I normally don't get too excited over a wolf here or there on camera but tonight one was coming in our front gate with the full moon behind. FYI - in the Absarokas, a few miles outside the Yellowstone east gate.

EMY92
AG
Cute Yorkie
AJ02
AG
That's awesome! I just get a kick out of seeing whitetail around here. Can't imagine seeing a freaking wolf.
mhnatt
Nonresident wolf (and black bear) tags are easy to get as long as the quota hasn't been filled. Just drop by Walmart on your way out and make sure you have a local with you when you pull the trigger.
DG96
AG
mhnatt said:

Nonresident wolf (and black bear) tags are easy to get as long as the quota hasn't been filled. Just drop by Walmart on your way out and make sure you have a local with you when you pull the trigger.

Local because of wilderness area?
Killin Me Smalls
AG
My 5 year old daughter started sleep walking last night. Pacing around her room, peeing on the floor, incoherent. I blamed the full moon.
SanAntoneAg
AG
mhnatt said:

Will you be our local?
Gig 'em! '90
mhnatt
I wish I could, but we still keep Texas as residence.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

My 5 year old daughter started sleep walking last night. Pacing around her room, peeing on the floor, incoherent. I blamed the full moon.

She hears the call of the wild.
McInnis
AG
Wolf tags are easy enough to buy, but filling them is a little trickier. You have to call Game and Fish every day to make sure the quota hasn't been exceeded, which is kind of a hassle unless you have a satellite phone. Wolves don't tend to live where there's good cell coverage.
Birdbear
AG
I crossed paths with a bear hunter out there by Hunter Peak one time, and he told me about how he took his dog out to pee in the front yard and a pack of wolves showed up and killed his dog right in front of him. Hopefully that wasn't you…
JSKolache
AG
Look at the size of that animal
fullback44
AG
243 will take care of that
NoahAg
EMY92 said:

Cute Yorkie
Dude, come on.
Obviously a black lab.
HalifaxAg
AG
Skinwalker, obviously
DTP02
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

I don't want to alarm you, but you may want to hit CVS for one of those at-home Lycanthropy tests.
mhnatt
And a grizzly this morning.

cupofjoe04
AG
Geez, that's a friggin healthy bear…
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.