BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
219,076 Views | 1032 Replies
PS3D
12:03p, 3/12/24
Original ChopShop is coming to Century Square.
Circle T gas station opened at Holleman S and Rock Prairie W about a week ago.
maroon barchetta
12:53p, 3/12/24
In reply to PS3D
That location for Circle T is really odd.
bushytailed
4:44p, 3/13/24
We went to the soft opening of Frida's Kitchen & Bar last night. TL/DR - it was amazing and everyone needs to go.

It is located in the space previously occupied by Saints and Sinners (Broadmoor/Texas shopping center in Bryan). It has the same owners as Tortilleria Mi Tierra, which is located next door (that is their third location).

Cocktails - There are several craft cocktails and you can choose which liquor you'd like (tequila, vodka, gin, etc.). I had the Jardin de Frida with tequila, which is made with watermelon and red bell pepper. It was fantastic. My friends had a cucumber/tajin cocktail with tequila, a blueberry cocktail with vodka, and a fresh margarita. Those were good as well. We couldn't taste the alcohol but boy were they strong, lol.

Chips & Salsas - Each table is served fresh made tortilla chips with three dips/salsas (salsa verde, salsa rojo, and a black bean dip). All three were very flavorful but were not spicy. Honestly, I didn't miss the spice because they were that good, especially the salsa verde.

Appetizers - We tried the Mexican street corn, which was the table favorite by far. These are smaller than they look in pictures, but absolutely worth it.

Entrees - We ordered the Enchiladas Mexicanas, Flautas Ahogadas, Tostadas de Tinga, and fajitas. Everything was great. The sauce for the tostadas definitely had a kick to it.

Desserts - The El Cielo consisted of two Banuelos topped with homemade vanilla ice cream, berries, and homemade cotton candy. We demolished it in less than two minutes. We also ordered the Pan de Elote. Let me be clear that I want this served as part of my final meal. It was the best thing I ate last night, probably in the last few weeks. It reminds me of sweet cornbread topped with sweetened cream corn, but isn't overly sweet. If you aren't a huge sweets person, this is what you should order for dessert provided I don't order it all ahead of you.

Everything was outstanding. Yes, it was a soft opening so there are a few kinks to work out (it took awhile for get our drinks). The friends I was with commented that Frida's is much better than Juanita's at a much better price point. I haven't been to Juanita's, so I can't compare. We plan to go back soon for brunch, which is served until 3 each day they're open. The brunch menu includes chilaquiles, chicken and churro waffles, and mollete. I can't seem to find a website but it you're on FB, Rusty posted pictures of the menu yesterday. The grand opening is Saturday but they are fully open if you want to avoid that crowd.
FlyRod
7:20p, 3/13/24
Poked my head in today and it looked super nice. Was nicely busy. Gonna check it out tomorrow!
PS3D
10:09a, 3/14/24
Mochinut was supposed to open last month but still delayed for some reason.
TyHolden
11:13a, 3/14/24
In reply to PS3D
PS3D said:

Every girl 10-21 in BCS is crying on TikTok….
Collectonian
12:21p, 3/14/24
In reply to TyHolden
TyHolden said:

PS3D said:

Every girl 10-21 in BCS is crying on TikTok….
Not on Tik Tok, not a girl, but crying cause they are SOOO good! Hope they open soon!
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
PS3D
2:45p, 3/14/24
I'm more interested in the Korean corn dogs (and the ones with cheese, too.)

Come to think of it, where ARE the good (regular) corn dog places in town? Fletcher's and Corn Dog 7 are both long gone. And don't say Sonic.
Jetty
3:56p, 3/14/24
Weinerschnitzel!!! Yummy corn dogs and chili dogs!
phillytex24
4:15p, 3/14/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

That location for Circle T is really odd.

Not odd at all, when you consider the Barracks, Mission Ranch, and the elementary school. So many folks living over there. Those subdivisions need it. The train is such an obstacle at times. It will help alleviate traffic at the Rock Prairie light as well.
Collectonian
4:34p, 3/14/24
Looks like at this point, all the I Heart Mac & Cheese locations have closed in our area? Not seeing any listed on their site anymore.

Also, spotted a new ramen-type place under way in Westgate Shopping Center. They had an initial sign-up and pictures in the windows, but the brain lost the name.
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
maroon barchetta
4:50p, 3/14/24
In reply to phillytex24
I was talking "odd" more in the way that it's tucked back off the road and really only has access from that spot where I&GN has stayed two lanes while South Holleman just past Rock Prairie is four lanes and nice concrete.

The convenience stores at Graham, West Deacon, and that 360 Market a little further down all have better access in and out being on corners.

And that's the other issue. There were already three stores to compete against within a mile. And one has a great taco trailer and one has a new La Familia location!
PS3D
3:45p, 3/15/24
In reply to Jetty
Jetty said:

A bit far away from where I live, and I don't even live in south College Station. (Around seven miles.)
maroon barchetta
4:48p, 3/15/24
In reply to PS3D
PS3D said:

Jetty said:

A bit far away from where I live, and I don't even live in south College Station. (Around seven miles.)

Weinerschntzel ain't Corn Dog 7 anyway.
Rduck
3:18p, 3/18/24
Seems like some work is being done on space next to chipotle on Wellborn and SW parkway. Anyone known what's going in there?
Captn_Ag05
3:20p, 3/18/24
In reply to Rduck
Rduck said:

Seems like some work is being done on space next to chipotle on Wellborn and SW parkway. Anyone known what's going in there?
It is a place called Casa Pita according to the permitting records. I can't find any website or information about it.
lawless89
3:25p, 3/18/24
Anyone know what's going in on highway 30 across from Powersports? Looks like they are cutting in a big road right there and my fear is for a big zero lot line subdivision. I guess that's better than more warehouses.
Tailgate88
3:37p, 3/18/24
In reply to lawless89
lawless89 said:

Anyone know what's going in on highway 30 across from Powersports? Looks like they are cutting in a big road right there and my fear is for a big zero lot line subdivision. I guess that's better than more warehouses.
https://wtaw.com/bryan-city-council-approves-giving-money-to-the-developer-of-a-new-housing-and-commercial-complex/

Quote:

The Bryan city council at its March regular meeting approved giving $815,000 dollars to the developer of a new housing and commercial complex.

There was no public discussion before the unanimous vote to reimburse the cost of providing sewer service to 259 residential lots and 43 commercial lots at Highway 30 and Hardy Weedon Road.
MyNameIsJeff
3:39p, 3/18/24
In reply to lawless89
lawless89 said:

I believe I saw it was going to be a light commercial subdivision called Reveille Park.
Captn_Ag05
4:07p, 3/18/24
In reply to lawless89
lawless89 said:

https://wtaw.com/bryan-city-council-approves-giving-money-to-the-developer-of-a-new-housing-and-commercial-complex/

Quote:

The Bryan city council at its March regular meeting approved giving $815,000 dollars to the developer of a new housing and commercial complex.

There was no public discussion before the unanimous vote to reimburse the cost of providing sewer service to 259 residential lots and 43 commercial lots at Highway 30 and Hardy Weedon Road.
Tailgate88
4:09p, 3/18/24
Visor
8:19p, 3/18/24
May have missed it - what's going in by A+ Tutoring / Simmons Bank on University? Saw they are tearing it down.
TyHolden
9:47p, 3/18/24
In reply to Visor
Visor said:

May have missed it - what's going in by A+ Tutoring / Simmons Bank on University? Saw they are tearing it down.
Did Mr Bill die or something? I gave him more than my tuition.
PS3D
9:59p, 3/18/24
The old Albertsons is becoming a fitness center and REI. Is that it?
Visor
7:30a, 3/19/24
In reply to PS3D
Ahh yes that's it. Thank you!
Charpie
7:37a, 3/19/24
I drove by Wokamole yesterday. They did have a sign up that said that they were temporarily closed due to a family emergency. So yay! I mean yay they aren't closed forever.
Jetty
2:25p, 3/19/24
In reply to Tailgate88
I was afraid that's what it was! We live in Enchanted oaks subdivision. Wickson is already having trouble keeping up with water usage in this area. Will the city provide them water or is it all coming from Wickson Water?? Anyone know??
Ryandawg
3:38p, 3/19/24
In reply to Jetty
Jetty said:

I was afraid that's what it was! We live in Enchanted oaks subdivision. Wickson is already having trouble keeping up with water usage in this area. Will the city provide them water or is it all coming from Wickson Water?? Anyone know??

We live on Enchanted Oaks as well! Do you have Wickson or well water?
313-7-12thMan
4:00p, 3/19/24
Any update on what may be going in on the empty frontage road lot in front of the Courtyard Marriott? Rock Prairie and Hwy 6 South at the Woodcreek entrance. Noticed a silt fence was up and trees are being cleared.
Captn_Ag05
4:05p, 3/19/24
Captn_Ag05
4:05p, 3/19/24
I believe that is the second McAlister's location
Jetty
4:37p, 3/19/24
In reply to Ryandawg
We bought the house in 1989 and couldn't get the water to pass inspection. The well and collection system were both old. We got Wickson water at that time.
MsDoubleD81
5:21p, 3/19/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
That's what I think too.
EBrazosAg
7:06p, 3/19/24
In reply to MsDoubleD81
Y'all are correct.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agmamaco09
8:01a, 3/20/24
I heard a Mexican food place is going in where Mad Taco used to be. Anyone else heard of that too or have more info?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 18 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings