BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
219,048 Views | 1032 Replies
Tailgate88
8:14a, 3/20/24
In reply to agmamaco09
The one by RX?
Captn_Ag05
10:02a, 3/20/24
Trufusion going in under Star Cinema Grill and Renew You is going in next to Lucchese Bootmaker in Century Square.

Quote:

Trufusion is a boutique fitness studio that offers a variety of heated and unheated group fitness classes. They teach classes like yoga, pilates, cycle, barre, HIIT and more.

Renew You offers therapies for the body and mind. They provide red light therapy and cryotherapy among other services.
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/03/19/new-businesses-coming-century-square-shopping-center/
Captn_Ag05
11:52a, 3/20/24
More on Century Square. It looks like the Trufusion will take up over 16,000 sq, so the remainder of the first floor of the building next to lululemon

The marketing flyer for Century Square has been updated to show the placement of Trufusion and Renew You as well as the location of the other new businesses (Wells Fargo, Coco Shrimp, Chop Shop, and Sephora) in phase two currently under construction. It appears that there are three other spaces in Phase II that are currently under negotiation and a pad site that is under negotiation as well.

I also noticed that the area on the left (corner of University and College) which used to say Future Development now says Future Residential. I wonder if they are getting close on announcing something with that corner. That is prime for another midrise. It will be next to the PopStroke that is being built.

agmamaco09
1:11p, 3/20/24
In reply to Tailgate88
Yes, off Fitch
halibut sinclair
2:02p, 3/20/24
The Village and Vino Boheme are selling off all their stuff this weekend.

Slagathor
3:42p, 3/20/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Where can I find that marketing document? I can't quite make out what else is spoken for in the new development along University besides the Sephora.
Captn_Ag05
3:49p, 3/20/24
In reply to Slagathor
Slagathor said:

Where can I find that marketing document? I can't quite make out what else is spoken for in the new development along University besides the Sephora.
It is Chop Shop, Wells Fargo, and Coco Shrimp.

link: https://www.century-square.com/uploads/img/content/231120_CS_CR_II_Leasing_Brochure.pdf
Captn_Ag05
3:50p, 3/20/24
Also, just noticing an Amazon logo near Mess. Anyone know what that is about?
lawless89
3:57p, 3/20/24
Whats going on with the road construction on Harvey east? They've had it all down to one lane only all day and a lot of trucks everywhere.
maroon barchetta
4:06p, 3/20/24
In reply to lawless89
lawless89 said:

Whats going on with the road construction on Harvey east? They've had it all down to one lane only all day and a lot of trucks everywhere.

Time for a new median?
honey_badger_99
7:36p, 3/20/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Saw it said Amazon Hub driving by the other day.
Tailgate88
8:40p, 3/20/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Captn_Ag05 said:

Also, just noticing an Amazon logo near Mess. Anyone know what that is about?

Where?
TyHolden
9:24p, 3/20/24
Amazon is moving their hq to BCS. It's been hush-hush for a couple months now. Bezos been in and out looking at houses. I think he settled on a nice spaceship above BCS.
Captn_Ag05
11:45p, 3/20/24
In reply to Tailgate88
A couple spaces down from Mess and the Poke place.
Tailgate88
6:11a, 3/21/24
In reply to honey_badger_99
honey_badger_99 said:

Saw it said Amazon Hub driving by the other day.

Looks like a place to pick up Amazon shipments. Have them delivered to a locker instead of your home address. This works great for college kids.

Quote:

About Amazon Hub

Amazon Hub is a worldwide network of pickup locations. The program enables any business with a physical location to offer secure package pickup and returns to Amazon customers, and in-turn reap benefits from the potential increase in foot traffic and sales at their location. Our Hub partners can select from various product solutions, including Lockers and Apartment Lockers, to serve customers in their neighborhood.
EliteElectric
9:34a, 3/21/24
Amazon Hub, we wired it, it's basically supposed to be a safe place to pick up Amazon packages
armymom
5:00p, 3/23/24
Dirt is being moved on the lot north of Honey Baked Ham. Does anyone know if It is still McAlister's that is building there?
MsDoubleD81
7:02p, 3/23/24
In reply to armymom
Check the previous page - page 18.
TyHolden
6:18p, 3/24/24
Now I'm excited...

TyHolden
6:49p, 3/24/24
Varsity Grillhouse is looking close to completion
GrogsBane
8:48a, 3/25/24
In reply to TyHolden
Hopefully this turns out better than the Chicks Stripes on Briarcrest. That place is just always dirty and the restrooms are disgusting.
Don't Eat The Bugs
BCSWguru
9:05a, 3/25/24
In reply to GrogsBane
well its not 7-11, so theyre already off to a better start
TyHolden
10:35a, 3/25/24
In reply to GrogsBane
GrogsBane said:

Hopefully this turns out better than the Chicks Stripes on Briarcrest. That place is just always dirty and the restrooms are disgusting.
The Texan is like Buccees but smaller. They are all really nice. If you drive from here to Yorktown, you'll hit 4-5 of them .
chickencoupe16
11:48a, 3/25/24
In reply to GrogsBane
Chicks was great. Stripes (as a company, I rarely visited this particular location) was great. Stripes since 7-11 bought them has gotten dirtier, crowded with stupid products and displays, and the quality of Laredo Taco has tanked.

As a side note, I'm not sure how this company is avoiding Buccee's wrath. Maybe they aren't and I just don't know about it.
techno-ag
12:22p, 3/25/24
In reply to chickencoupe16
chickencoupe16 said:

Chicks was great. Stripes (as a company, I rarely visited this particular location) was great. Stripes since 7-11 bought them has gotten dirtier, crowded with stupid products and displays, and the quality of Laredo Taco has tanked.

As a side note, I'm not sure how this company is avoiding Buccee's wrath. Maybe they aren't I just don't know about it.
IIRC Chicks copied a Bucee's floor plan.
Rex Racer
12:40p, 3/25/24
In reply to techno-ag
techno-ag said:

chickencoupe16 said:

As a side note, I'm not sure how this company is avoiding Buccee's wrath. Maybe they aren't I just don't know about it.
They also had "Chicks Nuggets" and other knockoffs of Buc-ee's products.
Look Out Below
4:04p, 3/25/24
In reply to halibut sinclair
What is going on there (Village and Vino)?
ElephantRider
4:32p, 3/25/24
chickencoupe16 said:

As a side note, I'm not sure how this company is avoiding Buccee's wrath. Maybe they aren't and I just don't know about it.

7-11 is such a garbage corporation. Every store is disgusting and disheveled. Stripes was great, and then as soon as 7-11 took over those stores went to ****
Mr.Short-termMemory
5:14p, 3/25/24
chickencoupe16 said:

https://cspdailynews.com/company-news/buc-ees-chicks-working-settlement

May 20, 2013

BRYAN, Texas -- A Texas district court has dismissed a trademark infringement lawsuit that convenience retailer Buc-ee's Ltd. filed against the owners of Chicks, a new convenience store in Bryan, Texas, pending the completion of the settlement the two parties said that they have reached.

………..
PS3D
8:42p, 3/25/24
In reply to Rex Racer
Rex Racer said:

techno-ag said:

chickencoupe16 said:

Thank you for pointing out all the actual details.

10+ years later and people STILL believe it was because of the logo.
chickencoupe16
7:48a, 3/26/24
In reply to PS3D
PS3D said:

Rex Racer said:

techno-ag said:

chickencoupe16 said:

Thank you for pointing out all the actual details.

10+ years later and people STILL believe it was because of the logo.

Yeah, I definitely don't think it was just because of the logo. My comment was more geared toward The Texan flirting with the line than Chicks having crossed it.
Thisguy1
5:41p, 3/26/24
Chicks was awesome when they made burgers and other stuff. When it became Stripes and they brought Loredo Taco in it was like it was the first step in the store going from one of the nicer/cleaner gas stations to what it is now.

The Stripes at Copperfield isn't too bad, although they are regularly out of stock of things.
ElephantRider
12:06p, 3/27/24
The original Chicks burgers might have been the best in town.
trouble
1:20p, 3/27/24
Apparently Murphy's Law has been seized by the state for failure to pay taxes.
BCSWguru
1:23p, 3/27/24
In reply to Thisguy1
Thisguy1 said:

Chicks was awesome when they made burgers and other stuff. When it became Stripes and they brought Loredo Taco in it was like it was the first step in the store going from one of the nicer/cleaner gas stations to what it is now.

The Stripes at Copperfield isn't too bad, although they are regularly out of stock of things.
Its bad. Its flithy all the time. Half the gas pumps seemingly never work.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 19 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings