BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
220,283 Views | 1040 Replies
Bad Poster
12:02a, 1/17/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

It's to the point that I check every item before I leave the parking lot when I pick up food.

This includes places like Blue Baker or Fuego or La Familia. Or places without a drive-thru like 1860 Italia or Hullabaloo Diner.

Hullabaloo doesn't get my order wrong. La Familia and Fuego just very rarely have a problem.

Everywhere else, especially a chain, must be checked. We don't live close to most places so getting home with a wrong order is disappointing.

Even Chick Fil A has goofed my order and they are typically solid.

Popeyes (southwest pkwy) jipped me a whole 6 tenders last month.
BCS-Ag
12:50p, 1/17/24
In reply to patrick.redmill
patrick.redmill said:

Per their Facebook page, The Village in Downtown Bryan is not reopening. They are having a "farewell party" on January 26th, but won't be open before or after.
Bummer, didn't the same lady own the wine place next door? Is that still open? Hung out there a few times, but it's been a while.
patrick.redmill
3:43p, 1/17/24
In reply to BCS-Ag
Correct, same owner. Vino Boheme is staying open.
jphil1
6:21p, 1/17/24
In reply to MyNameIsJeff
I looked on REI website and of the ten new stores for 2024 BCS isn't listed
EBrazosAg
9:00p, 1/17/24
In reply to jphil1
I have never understood that one - bet it doesn't happen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
angus55
9:26p, 1/17/24
In reply to mason12
mason12 said:

Union Pacific article about expansion of rail to CertainTeed Roofing.

https://www.up.com/aboutup/community/inside_track/facility-bryan-texas-it-240108.htm

Not to derail, but dealing with the railroad sucks. Still rather flatbed. Carry on.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Captn_Ag05
10:46p, 1/17/24
The TDLR paperwork for PopStroke shows an expected completion date of September 1.
phillytex24
10:44a, 1/18/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Maybe a bank or nursing home?
EBrazosAg
12:54p, 1/18/24
Called it :

The old Sears building next to the mall is once again for sale https://www.kbtx.com/2024/01/18/old-sears-building-next-mall-is-once-again-sale/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
6:06p, 1/18/24
In reply to angus55
angus55 said:

mason12 said:

Union Pacific article about expansion of rail to CertainTeed Roofing.

https://www.up.com/aboutup/community/inside_track/facility-bryan-texas-it-240108.htm

Not to derail, but dealing with the railroad sucks. Still rather flatbed. Carry on.

Way it looks Mumford gets another railroad crossing.
t-rex
10:28p, 1/18/24
Anyone know what is being built at front of Southern Pointe? I see sign for golf cart place and thought maybe a bank, but there is one more pad being finished as well.
trouble
10:40p, 1/18/24
In reply to t-rex
Nail salon, I'm sure
TXAGBQ76
7:00a, 1/19/24
In reply to trouble
Chicken fingers also
trouble
8:08a, 1/19/24
In reply to TXAGBQ76
I had a difficult time choosing which to with
MiMi
9:48a, 1/19/24
The Jones Crossing Chick Fil A has reopened following their remodel.
EBrazosAg
10:11a, 1/19/24
In reply to t-rex
I believe it's been said here somewhere that it's going to be a TXB at Southern Pointe….if so I bet it does well.
Tailgate88
10:17a, 1/19/24
In reply to EBrazosAg
EBrazosAg said:

I believe it's been said here somewhere that it's going to be a TXB at Southern Pointe….if so I bet it does well.
It's on the first page of this thread and in the OP as "Coming Soon" - and I agree with you that it will do well there with Southern Pointe AND Indian Lakes traffic.
KansasCityAg
11:28a, 1/19/24
Shun de Mom on Northgate opened back up this week after renovations
maroon barchetta
11:31a, 1/19/24
In reply to KansasCityAg
My son has already been twice, but I think he went last week.
TyHolden
5:57p, 1/19/24
Tried King Noodle and Sushi tonight. My kids loved it. Surprised but I really liked it. I had the Spicy Beef Noodle Soup with sliced noodles. Very fresh ingredients and the noodles are home made. Will go back.
FlyRod
8:27p, 1/19/24
Oh fun. King Noodle on my list of new places to try!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
10:24p, 1/19/24
Anyone try the Shogun place by Towerpoint HEB?
NotJPMorgan
8:25a, 1/20/24
In reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)
My wife and I tried it back in early December. Sushi was good, hibachi chicken was bland. Service was pretty terrible. The host ended up taking our drink order and checking on us another time before our waiter ever made an appearance. I think we'll try it again sometime, but not in any hurry based on the service we had.
TXAGBQ76
8:27a, 1/20/24
In reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)
I have been twice, the latest wa lunch yesterday. Enjoyed both times, our service was fine, the grandboys loved it.
australopithecus robustus
9:22a, 1/20/24
BCSWguru
11:34a, 1/20/24
La Carreta opens Sunday, January 21st.

https://www.facebook.com/lacarretabtx
nthomas99
4:01p, 1/20/24
In reply to NotJPMorgan
It's a typical shogun if you've been to one. Took the family Tuesday on the freeze day. Streamlined, relatively inexpensive hibachi experience. The chef was pretty good but they do stuff like pre slice the vegetables that shortens the show a bit. Scallops were surprisingly good. Rest of proteins were plenty good but not amazing

EDIT - meant to reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)
maroon barchetta
4:23p, 1/20/24
In reply to nthomas99
Do they do the onion volcano?

https://www.tiktok.com/@office_cookbook/video/7174071711363714309
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
4:40p, 1/20/24
In reply to nthomas99
nthomas99 said:

It's a typical shogun if you've been to one. Took the family Tuesday on the freeze day. Streamlined, relatively inexpensive hibachi experience. The chef was pretty good but they do stuff like pre slice the vegetables that shortens the show a bit. Scallops were surprisingly good. Rest of proteins were plenty good but not amazing

EDIT - meant to reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)

Thank you!

FlyRod
4:41p, 1/20/24
In reply to BCSWguru
BCSWguru said:

La Carreta opens Sunday, January 21st.

https://www.facebook.com/lacarretabtx

Super happy to hear this. One of my favorite breakfast spots in town!
Studro8355
7:53p, 1/20/24
I saw a sign out in front of Las Palapas that said something like: "leasing or franchising *insert phone # here*". I don't remember seeing it there before so they must've put it up recently, I wonder if the company hasn't given up on that location yet . Wish I took a photo of it!
Captn_Ag05
1:58p, 1/22/24
Anchor Bar submitted their site plans to the city, so it appears to still be proceeding.
EBrazosAg
7:05p, 1/22/24
In reply to Bad Poster
That Popeyes was out of chicken breast tonight….. that's like McD being out of quarter pound patties. It's a broken franchise in this town for sure.
Tailgate88
7:10p, 1/22/24
In reply to EBrazosAg
EBrazosAg said:

That Popeyes was out of chicken breast tonight….. that's like McD being out of quarter pound patties. It's a broken franchise in this town for sure.

Life's too short to eat white meat.

Except wings.
One Louder
10:50a, 1/23/24
Saw a new coffee shop going in on southbound Hwy 6 between Rock Prairie and Wm Fitch called Side Porch.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings