BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
219,051 Views | 1032 Replies
maroon barchetta
10:40a, 1/30/24
In reply to kraut
That site is bad on mobile.

You know. The way most people view stuff anymore.
EBrazosAg
7:37p, 1/30/24
Murdochs now open.
Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply now open in College Station https://www.kbtx.com/2024/01/30/murdochs-ranch-home-supply-now-open-college-station/

Now just wondering if the Briarcrest Jersey Mikes will ever open. ……
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
A Net Full of Jello
8:09a, 1/31/24
Just in case anyone didn't know and is interested, I've seen in the commercials for Murdoch's that you are encouraged to bring dogs.
PS3D
2:18p, 1/31/24
In reply to MiMi
MiMi said:

a plant-based bakery
...as opposed to a meat-based bakery?
MiMi
2:45p, 1/31/24
In reply to PS3D
PS3D said:

MiMi said:

a plant-based bakery

I'm assuming all their products are vegan (no dairy or eggs).
Captn_Ag05
3:22p, 1/31/24
In reply to MiMi
MiMi said:

PS3D said:

MiMi said:

a plant-based bakery

I'm assuming all their products are vegan (no dairy or eggs).
Yes - from their website.

Quote:

All of our products are produced on vegan-friendly equipment in a 100% dedicated vegan facility. Our baking sugars are derived from beets, our marshmallows are gelatin-free and our other ingredients are flavored with fruit, spices, and plant-derived oils.

I haven't checked them out yet, but did not know this about them.

Hopefully all of their beets come from Schrute Farms.
Broncos
3:30p, 1/31/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Captn_Ag05 said:

Hopefully all of their beets come from Schrute Farms.
A Net Full of Jello
5:25p, 1/31/24
I like a buttery cinnamon roll. I don't want any of that cashew butter stuff. I want the high fat stuff that clogs my arteries and tastes amazing.

Here's hoping my cardiologist isn't on here.
TyHolden
8:53p, 1/31/24
I saw that they broke ground on the Pluckers. Everything changes after this.
Crawdaddy
3:29a, 2/1/24
In reply to TyHolden
That place will practically print money. I look forward to going on winter breaks!
Texasclipper
7:12a, 2/1/24
In reply to Crawdaddy
Crawdaddy said:

That place will practically print money. I look forward to going on winter breaks!
I guess I'm an outlier, but I don't think Pluckers is that great. People rave about the place but I don't get it.
Charpie
7:47a, 2/1/24
In reply to Texasclipper
They use GMO wings that are the size of drumsticks. Their sauces are amazing. Their ranch dressing is to die for. Homemade chips with Spicy Lemon Pepper Wings....yummy.
Dustoff00
7:48a, 2/1/24
In reply to Texasclipper
I must be somewhat of an outlier too. We had one in Allen for years, yet I still yearned for my W&M. Still prefer W&M to Pluckers, but will pick pluckers over any of the other wing places 9 times out of 10.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Crawdaddy
8:24a, 2/1/24
In reply to Dustoff00
Like many other hyped up places, it ain't as good as they used to be!

Once they expanded outside of Austin, quality definitely dropped a bit. But I still love it.

I'm a W&M loyalist but I'll cheat from time to time. Don't tell anyone!
sirhc
9:40a, 2/1/24
Not a huge pluckers fan. excited to try anchor bar once it opens. W&M has been a let down as of late for me (university location). Everything there seems overcooked. Wings were small and dried out too.
bushytailed
6:13p, 2/1/24
Looks like the owners of Mi Tierra Tortilleria are working on a new place called Frida's Kitchen & Bar. There is already a FB page but I'm not sure where it will be located. Looks to be authentic Mexican flavors but with a modern touch (mole negro, chiles en nogada, etc.).
phillytex24
11:21p, 2/3/24
I drove all the way to Houston to try Pluckers, and it just reminded me of Wings N More. I don't get the hype.
TyHolden
11:24p, 2/3/24
In reply to phillytex24
phillytex24 said:

I drove all the way to Houston to try Pluckers, and it just reminded me of Wings N More. I don't get the hype.

If I drove all the way to Navasota for wings, I'd be disappointed…it's wings.
phillytex24
11:33p, 2/3/24
In reply to TyHolden
TyHolden said:

phillytex24 said:

Well, I don't believe everything changes after this. That's a little dramatic. And that's how everyone is about Pluckers, and so that's why I drove to Houston to try it. Now if we could get a Pappadeaux, then I'd say everything changes. That's some rockstar food!
TyHolden
11:36p, 2/3/24
In reply to phillytex24
phillytex24 said:

TyHolden said:

phillytex24 said:

Well, I don't believe everything changes after this. That's a little dramatic. And that's how everyone is about Pluckers, and so that's why I drove to Houston to try it. Now if we could get a Pappadeaux, then I'd say everything changes. That's some rockstar food!

And I was being sarcastic. I eat wings once or twice a month maybe.

But yeah, I think pluckers is better.
TyHolden
11:45p, 2/3/24
I also think a Kerbey Lane would kill it here.
9dag
1:57p, 2/4/24
In reply to EBrazosAg
Ditto on Jersey Mikes!

Does anyone know if it's a true chain or a local franchise? I know that labor and capital are tough right now; but they already have my nod.
It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
Hornbeck
2:01p, 2/4/24
In reply to 9dag
Jersey Mike's is a national chain.

Danny Devito is their spokesperson
EBrazosAg
3:40p, 2/4/24
In reply to Hornbeck
They franchise as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
deh40
4:32p, 2/4/24
In reply to sirhc
sirhc said:

Not a huge pluckers fan. excited to try anchor bar once it opens. W&M has been a let down as of late for me (university location). Everything there seems overcooked. Wings were small and dried out too.
W&M wings are consistently very small and overcooked. That's why I can not understand everyone's fascination with the place.
FlyRod
6:30p, 2/4/24
In reply to bushytailed
bushytailed said:

Looks like the owners of Mi Tierra Tortilleria are working on a new place called Frida's Kitchen & Bar. There is already a FB page but I'm not sure where it will be located. Looks to be authentic Mexican flavors but with a modern touch (mole negro, chiles en nogada, etc.).

Oh heck yes!
Psychag
6:48p, 2/4/24
Run now to WnM because the wings were actually good size Saturday night.
spike427
10:30a, 2/5/24
In reply to One Louder
One Louder said:

Saw a new coffee shop going in on southbound Hwy 6 between Rock Prairie and Wm Fitch called Side Porch.

Does anyone have more info on this? It has said coming soon for quite a while...
amanda04
1:40p, 2/5/24
For everyone saying that you find WnM wings overcooked, order them "stage 3" next time and you'll enjoy them immensely more.
MiMi
2:44p, 2/5/24
In reply to amanda04
amanda04 said:

For everyone saying that you find WnM wings overcooked, order them "stage 3" next time and you'll enjoy them immensely more.

Can you elaborate on the stages of cooked wings at WnM? What exactly is stage 3?
SalesAg13
3:11p, 2/5/24
In reply to MiMi
They pull the wings from the fryer quicker than they do for their standard wing. It is juicier and more "full".
Tailgate88
3:13p, 2/5/24
In reply to SalesAg13
SalesAg13 said:

They pull the wings from the fryer quicker than they do for their standard wing. It is juicier and more "full".
So, "not burned to a crisp" like usual? Sounds like an improvement for sure.

Angry Elephant are currently my favorite wings in town, but I honestly don't eat a lot of fried food.
chickencoupe16
4:29p, 2/5/24
In reply to Tailgate88
Tailgate88 said:

SalesAg13 said:

So, "not burned to a crisp" like usual?
You'd think you would have to ask for it burned to a crisp, not for it to be properly cooked!
MyNameIsJeff
4:29p, 2/5/24
In reply to Tailgate88
Tailgate88 said:

SalesAg13 said:

So, "not burned to a crisp" like usual? Sounds like an improvement for sure.

Angry Elephant are currently my favorite wings in town, but I honestly don't eat a lot of fried food.
Louisiana rub from Wing Stop are my favorite, but the typical experience, wait, and customer service at Wing Stop is always so horrendous that I haven't been in probably two years.

We should start a BCS Wing thread.
A Net Full of Jello
4:54p, 2/5/24
In reply to MyNameIsJeff
And add Matt Mitchell's video where he ranks chain restaurant wings. That way we can point out where he is right, where is is wrong, what you should order instead at these places, and where our locals places would fall.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 7 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings