BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
220,236 Views | 1040 Replies
snaglepuss
2:44p, 2/6/24
In reply to MyNameIsJeff
MyNameIsJeff said:

Tailgate88 said:

SalesAg13 said:

They pull the wings from the fryer quicker than they do for their standard wing. It is juicier and more "full".
So, "not burned to a crisp" like usual? Sounds like an improvement for sure.

Angry Elephant are currently my favorite wings in town, but I honestly don't eat a lot of fried food.
Louisiana rub from Wing Stop are my favorite, but the typical experience, wait, and customer service at Wing Stop is always so horrendous that I haven't been in probably two years.

We should start a BCS Wing thread.
Yes, or at least a food criticizing board and leave this one alone.
MS08
6:48a, 2/8/24
Koppe Bridge land for sale next to Jones Crossing HEB. I know there was talk & critique of the burgers above, but not sure this was mentioned.
TXAGBQ76
6:52a, 2/8/24
In reply to MS08
Interesting. They have a much newer, nicer and bigger place on Harvey. The one by HEB is smaller and can get pretty crowded.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
7:23a, 2/8/24
In reply to TXAGBQ76
TXAGBQ76 said:

Interesting. They have a much newer, nicer and bigger place on Harvey. The one by HEB is smaller and can get pretty crowded.
A bit random, but I can't tell you how many times I've drove down that road in between Koppe and HEB thinking I could get to 2818 from there only to find out the road ends.

I guess I just instinctively like to turn left coming out of that HEB....
maroon barchetta
7:52a, 2/8/24
Taqueria Allende (food trailer by convenience store at Graham and I&GN) has been closed all week.

Hope they are just on vacation.

That new La Familia location at the 360 Market on West Holleman is probably not helping their business.
Dustoff00
10:17a, 2/8/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
They just got back from vacation over the holidays...

I went last Saturday and they were closed, not sure why...

Hope it is only temporary... I am there enough, they usually tell me if they are going to be gone.

I know a few months ago they were closed unexpectedly due to a gas leak that needed to be fixed.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
althormoon
11:14a, 2/8/24
In reply to MS08
MS08 said:

Koppe Bridge land for sale next to Jones Crossing HEB. I know there was talk & critique of the burgers above, but not sure this was mentioned.

That's surprising, they just renovated the outside over winter break. Did they fix it up just to sell?
happyinBCS
11:22a, 2/8/24
don't think the building will have much value they are marketing the 1.65 acres of land.
techno-ag
12:11p, 2/8/24
In reply to MS08
MS08 said:

Did y'all kill another place?
MS08
4:49p, 2/8/24
In reply to techno-ag
techno-ag said:

MS08 said:

Have not been to this location in a long time. But go to the one on other side of Harvey here and there for lunch meet ups and when family is in town every now and again.

I'm guessing they want to cash out of this land since it is worth way more now than it ever was, and just focus on running one store. I saw the listing for it come across yesterday from land broker so thought it was worth mentioning here.

Also, I saw that OG has the Bahama Bucks Tower Point listed for lease/sale, but it still seems to be operating as usual.
Prosper92Ag
7:04p, 2/8/24
In reply to MS08
MS08 said:

Where did you see this? Drove by today and only saw signs on the property behind and the property south of their building.
MS08
8:01p, 2/8/24
In reply to Prosper92Ag
Prosper92Ag said:

MS08 said:

Where did you see this? Drove by today and only saw signs on the property behind and the property south of their building.

Automated Land Broker listing flyer of new opportunities. Not technically listed but a 'pocket' listing in "Now Accepting Offers" stage.
Hornbeck
3:13a, 2/9/24
In reply to techno-ag
techno-ag said:

MS08 said:

Too far from bypass.
FlyRod
9:23a, 2/9/24
Amico Nave closing February 24. What a gut punch.
MyNameIsJeff
9:30a, 2/9/24
In reply to FlyRod
FlyRod said:

Amico Nave closing February 24. What a gut punch.
Whhhhhatttt? That's been one of our favorite places for years and is where my wife and I had our first date.
Collectonian
9:31a, 2/9/24
Amico Nave is closing permanently. Last day is February 24th. From the official Facebook post:

Quote:

It is with sadness that Wade, and I announce publicly that we will be closing Amico Nave Ristorante. Our last day of business will be February 24th. Based on many factors, it is the best decision for our family of restaurants. That said, we will continue to operate Admiral Catering out of 3rd On Main, Shipwreck Grill and the current Amico Nave building. In addition, we have some exciting plans that we hope to share as they come to fruition. Please watch for big announcements in the upcoming weeks.

Although it is very unfortunate and incredibly hard to close one of our beloved concepts, we want all of you to know that we appreciate this community and everyone that has supported us at Amico Nave Ristorante over the last 11 years. There are no words to truly describe our overall thanks.

We hope you will visit us over the next two weeks and enjoy your Amico Nave favorites and our amazing staff. Wade and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible, and cheers to new adventures coming soon.

Wade and Mary Beckman

Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
CWIsom
2:30p, 2/9/24
I see Casa Rod downtown Bryan is for sale

https://oldhamgoodwin.com/properties/300-north-bryan-avenue-bryan-tx/?utm_content=281888397&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&hss_channel=fbp-74294912434
trouble
2:31p, 2/9/24
In reply to CWIsom
Not at all surprised
TyHolden
2:36p, 2/9/24
I'm thinking of buying it and turning it into Road House....
aggies4life
2:53p, 2/9/24
Hearing bubba's 33 Coming to cs
BlueMiles
3:15p, 2/9/24
In reply to FlyRod
FlyRod said:

Realtor friend told me that Vino Boheme is in fact closing.

So that sucks.

Do you know timeline details? They have several upcoming events on their calendar.

https://www.vinoboheme.com
FlyRod
3:18p, 2/9/24
So it looks like someone could buy it and keep
It as Casa Rod if I'm reading the sale right?

Could be some potential to upgrade it to a more modern Mexican restaurant but also keep a subset of the "classics" for old timers.

Good luck to whoever purchases that property.
happyinBCS
3:24p, 2/9/24
In reply to FlyRod
it is my understanding the medians and road construction really hurt their business.
FlyRod
5:36p, 2/9/24
Wouldn't surprise me. The folks at Tacobar have been telling me that too. A lot.
FlyRod
5:37p, 2/9/24
In reply to BlueMiles
BlueMiles said:

FlyRod said:

Realtor friend told me that Vino Boheme is in fact closing.

So that sucks.

Do you know timeline details? They have several upcoming events on their calendar.

https://www.vinoboheme.com

That's intriguing. I might swing by and check in person. If so will update.
maroon barchetta
6:54p, 2/9/24
In reply to FlyRod
FlyRod said:

So it looks like someone could buy it and keep
It as Casa Rod if I'm reading the sale right?

Could be some potential to upgrade it to a more modern Mexican restaurant but also keep a subset of the "classics" for old timers.

Good luck to whoever purchases that property.

I've not heard of this parking availability issue until now. Casa Rod is mentioned at the end.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/02/09/texas-am-addresses-downtown-bryan-parking-concerns-with-employees/
Charpie
7:45p, 2/9/24
You know, it's a sad state of affairs if people are too lazy to deal with medians. They are all over the place in other parts of the country
maroon barchetta
8:24p, 2/9/24
In reply to Charpie
Charpie said:

You know, it's a sad state of affairs if people are too lazy to deal with medians. They are all over the place in other parts of the country

People are definitely lazy. And entitled.
TyHolden
10:42p, 2/9/24
Medians were created to hurt small businesses. They came right after Covid. The end is near. I am ready Jesus.
trouble
10:58p, 2/9/24
In reply to TyHolden
I'm not. It's almost baseball season.
TyHolden
11:02p, 2/9/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

I'm not. It's almost baseball season.
doubledog
4:22p, 2/10/24
In reply to CWIsom
CWIsom said:

I see Casa Rod downtown Bryan is for sale

https://oldhamgoodwin.com/properties/300-north-bryan-avenue-bryan-tx/?utm_content=281888397&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&hss_channel=fbp-74294912434
Thus ends Pete's legacy....
m3prsive
9:54a, 2/11/24
Is Bahama Bucks in SouthCS closing? Saw it's for lease on OGG website.

https://oldhamgoodwin.com/properties/901-william-d-fitch-parkway/
One Louder
10:41a, 2/11/24
Roni's Mac and Cheese bar going into the Which Wich space by campus.
maroon barchetta
11:02a, 2/11/24
In reply to One Louder
One Louder said:

Roni's Mac and Cheese bar going into the Which Wich space by campus.

That's a bold move.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 8 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off