Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's Election Time...The OJ Primary Guide!!

4,133 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DannyDuberstein
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Early voting ends tomorrow. I got 3 ads for 108 today from Wernick. Full of lies, distortions, and scare tactics. As noted, I have questions for Meyer, but this is obscene.
powerbelly
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Early voting ends tomorrow. I got 3 ads for 108 today from Wernick. Full of lies, distortions, and scare tactics. As noted, I have questions for Meyer, but this is obscene.

It's insane how much money is being spent.
oldag941
AG
I saw a commercial this morning for Warnick. Has a Trump endorsement. I wonder how much time the two have spent together
Ag CPA
AG
Watching FOX 4 evening news and it's wall-to-wall campaign commercials, driving me F'n nuts.
Danny Vermin
Don't fall for the hit add against Brandon Gill. The Documentary they are saying he is mocking police is actually Police State produced by Brandon, Bongino and D'Souza. Please vote for Brandon Gill.
Ag CPA
AG
I'm not in his district but why should someone vote for Brandon Gill, just curious.
oldag941
AG
Just because he has Trump's endorsement. He's the son in law of Dinesh Disouza? just kidding....a little.
Fenrir
powerbelly said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

It's insane how much money is being spent.

I get at least two fliers a day usually from the same candidate. I don't understand the process behind sending one address so many fliers.
oldag941
AG
This. The volume of flyers has, at a minimum, created energy and conversation around that candidate. Plays to the adage "all publicity is good publicity ". It also plays to the human nature of; you react to the last thing you saw. That's why the volume is so high during early voting. It is super expensive, but they will justify it if it gets them one more vote.

These days people engage current events in such compartmentalized methods. They watch only the news that they agree with, they only visit the websites they agree with, etc. The post office and mailbox continue to be a blanket contact and exposure tool to reach everybody. A big difference from internet ads, social media ads, etc.
powerbelly
AG
From talking to people around here it is doing the opposite. Especially with most having outright lies about Meyer.
oldag941
AG
Will be interesting. I wonder if it has the effect of lowering voter numbers. If they are disgusted but don't know the new opponent, do they go vote anyway? Don't know. I would think that low turnout is a benefit to the incumbent. Again, just thinking out loud. Trying to run their mental calculus for the campaigns. (knowing that some of these mailers are sent outside of campaign purview....kind of).
DannyDuberstein
AG
Thinks Texans should not be free to give or withhold consent without coercion on covid vaccinations while saying he's a champion for small government. LOL. This is not a serious person.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Texans are free to do so right now. Government needs not a policy on every topic. Unless of course your believe in authoritarianism.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They weren't a very short time ago. A lot of folks got it that didn't want it.

Calling me the authoritarian here? Again, not a serious person.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.