Houston
Sponsored by

Good date ideas in the Woodlands?

33,051 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by txaggie_08
txaggie_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be taking a girl out this weekend that is from the Woodlands. I don't know a ton of things about the Woodlands. Never really spent much time there. Usually only passing through.

So where are some nice places to go? Some things to do? Anything going on with the holdiays, since it will be the weekend after Thanksgiving?
tamulax33
AG
do you like fish?
CheeseSndwch
The Waterway Taxi is the Woodlands equivalent of the Aquarium Ferris Wheel if you catch my meaning.
aTm2004
AG
Take her to The Gooses Acre to get her sea legs under her before letting her ride the waves of the waterway.
SWATAG
^
^
Good luck with that. It burned down last night.
KW02
AG
Stay away from girls from The Woodlands. Unless its just for a fling.
sts7049
AG
burned down is a bit of an overstatement.
SWATAG
I guess it didn't burn down, but they will not be open for a little while from what I understand. I think it did a number on the kitchen and the downstairs bar has some fire damage. I'm not sure if any of the upstairs was affected. I was next door last night when it happened and those were the stories I was getting.
txaggie_08
AG
quote:
Stay away from girls from The Woodlands. Unless its just for a fling.

Why is this? You tend to think most girls from there are snobby *****es?
KW02
AG
^^^^^

Most, probably yes, but not all.

Take her to Molly's and see how long she wants to stay.
chico
AG
ask her. she lives there, not you. shows you're open to something new.
Cromagnum
AG
Ask her if she likes blue round things and fish.
jsn1986
AG
I think the "outdoor" ice rink is open these days. Not sure how crazy your looking to get, but that is also right across the street from a couple wine bars and baker street pub. If you are looking for a nice restaurant I would recommend Jaspers (it's a little pricey but the food is good and the cheesy potato salad - it's awesome).
Scan Man
AG
Hubbel and Hudson Bistro near the water way is a nice, upscale place with great food. The Grimaldi's pizzeria in the same area could be a fun casual date restaurant as well - fantastic pizza. There is also a new italian place right there, Luca and Leonardo, but I've never been.

In Market Street - there are some smaller sushi/tapas places as well as Jaspers and Tommy Bahama (I prefer Tommy Bahama to Jaspers, but both are good) right on the central park area. All would be cool.

I'd stick to those two areas - there are other good places to eat in the Woods, but with those two you'll have several places to walk and talk, or grab a drink afterwards without having to drive anywhere else.
Lord Dark Helmet
AG
1) First of all, congratulations on dating a girl from The Woodlands. I'm sure that chick is gorgeous and other guys will certainly be jealous of you.

2) Secondly, please accept my condolences on dating a girl from The Woodlands. She has been spoiled her entire life and will not understand why you cannot afford to take her to Paris for Spring Break. Also, she has eaten at every restaurant around the mall and does not want to "walk around Market Street".

Your best bet is to get her drunk, tell her she's pretty, and use her loose morals in order to smang it.

***Note*** Stay away from Woodlands girls who introduce you as "the guy that God wanted me to meet"
txaggie_08
AG
quote:
1) First of all, congratulations on dating a girl from The Woodlands. I'm sure that chick is gorgeous and other guys will certainly be jealous of you.

2) Secondly, please accept my condolences on dating a girl from The Woodlands. She has been spoiled her entire life and will not understand why you cannot afford to take her to Paris for Spring Break. Also, she has eaten at every restaurant around the mall and does not want to "walk around Market Street".

Your best bet is to get her drunk, tell her she's pretty, and use her loose morals in order to smang it.

***Note*** Stay away from Woodlands girls who introduce you as "the guy that God wanted me to meet"

This is pretty funny...

But, she seems like a pretty good girl. I've known her for a year or so. Her and her roommate are both pretty good girls from the Woodlands.

As someone else stated, I'm thinkin I may take her around the Market Street area. Her roommate actually suggested that. Are there some pretty good bars in that area if we choose to go to one later in the night?

[This message has been edited by txaggie_08 (edited 11/22/2011 3:45p).]
Lord Dark Helmet
AG
In all honesty, I would recommend Grimaldi's which has absolutely amazing pizza. It's a nice enough place where you could pull off pizza on a date. It's right across the street from Goose's acre. Plan to wait a while so I'd get your name down, then walk across the street for a drink or two.

[This message has been edited by Lord Dark Helmet (edited 11/22/2011 3:59p).]
SWATAG
Plenty of bars and restaurants. If you stick to the area that everone has been suggesting (Market Street, Waterway, etc) you should have no problem. Also, it's all Christmas'd out right now, so it adds to the ambiance. I would suggest picking her up and not really having a set plan. You can park and walk around all the lights and stuff and figure out where you want to eat and drink form there. The only way this wouldn't work is if you're going somewhere that takes reservations.
SWATAG
^
But even then you could go without reservations and get on a list and then walk to one of the bars.
cheeky
AG
Have drinks at Tommy Bahama bar. Eat dinner at Jasper's. Night cap at the bar and outdoor pool and fire pit on the second level of Avia hotel that overlooks Market Street. All of this within a few hundred feet. If she wants a crowd and music, finish with Baker Street or the top floor of Crush (both near Goose's Acre).
txaggie_08
AG
That's a good idea.
MAS444
AG
"Tommy Bahama bar?" Good God....
BigOil
AG
Ride dirty to Spring...
Linz02Ag
AG
Tommy Bahama's bar is awesome
Bone6
Move to inside of 610
aggiecive
AG
We tried the bar Exchange this past Friday and really enjoyed it. It is across from bakers street.
cajunaggie08
AG
I got to enjoy $6 beer night at Crush a few weeks back. Yes I know its a wine bar. But $6 for a shiner? No thank you.
I Play With Guns
S
There is an outdoor skating rink in The Woodlands??!!

(new to the area so don't know much about it)
txaggie_08
AG
IPWG, I don't know if its completely outdoors. I heard its actually inside some type of tent so they can help regulate temperature a little better and keep the ice frozen. But I haven't seen it, so I don't know if that's true or not. The rink is right by the mall.
Al Bula
AG
Nice girl or not, you will take her out in her hometown and get to meet every dick that has ever been inside her.
jsn1986
AG
_08 is right; it is in a tent I tried to convey the " " but by traditional sarcasm and smart assyness doens't really work on TA. It's been a couple years since I have been there, and yes it is right by the mall near the movie theater.
coscaggie
AG
if y'all like wine and Italian food i'd recommended capri as a place for dinner. It's in the same strip center as wolfies just on the other side of 45 drom the town center. Just north of Rayford rd.

http://www.capri-pasta.com/index.html

The only catch is this place is in a sketchy looking strip center. It's not a bad area just really old. However this is the best Italian food in the Spring/Woodlands area in my opinion. Really authentic (they came over here from Italy in 2005) and family owned by real Italians that still have accents so thick you can't even understand them.

The best part about this place is it's BYOB so stop at specs and get a nice bottle of wine or 2 (like a cakebread or caymus). Tables are candlelit. No corking fee for the wine. and usually they have a DJ singing oldies so it lightens the mood and everyone in there is there to drink wine, eat and have a good time. great low key spot.

After that I'd head to market street or waterway square and bar hop it.

I Play With Guns
S
Cool.

Thanks for the info.

& Good luck on your date _08!!!

[This message has been edited by I Play With Guns (edited 11/23/2011 8:07a).]
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
you will take her out in her hometown and get to meet every dick that has ever been inside her.

flipper
I like Tommy Bahmama's. They make a tasty dark 'n stormy.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.