4:21p, 2/4/24
In reply to jetch17
I knew it
jetch17
4:33p, 2/4/24
Jugstore Cowboy
5:00p, 2/4/24
In reply to jetch17
Windy as hell on the highway this afternoon.
El Gallo Blanco
9:43a, 2/5/24
In reply to jetch17
jetch17 said:

It's windy AF
We're out in Cypress and it was pretty crazy. The way our house and part of the neighborhood is situated, I feel like you can always tack on an extra 8-10mph to whatever the current wind speed is, there is almost always a moderate breeze in our backyard. I went for a run in it and it threw me off balance a couple of times. Jogging NW was one of the hardest runs of my life, coming back with the wind at my back I felt like Superman.
Sea Speed
10:21a, 2/5/24
In reply to El Gallo Blanco
El Gallo Blanco said:

jetch17 said:

It's windy AF
We're out in Cypress and it was pretty crazy. The way our house and part of the neighborhood is situated, I feel like you can always tack on an extra 8-10mph to whatever the current wind speed is, there is almost always a moderate breeze in our backyard. I went for a run in it and it threw me off balance a couple of times. Jogging NW was one of the hardest runs of my life, coming back with the wind at my back I felt like Superman.

When I loved on galveston and would bike the whole seawall and had the wind at my back on the way out always made for the worst return trip. Legs were TOAST
AJ02
10:49a, 2/5/24
I'll complain about the weather on Sunday.

We got hit HARD again on Friday night. Always seems to be our block in our neighborhood gets it the worst. Lots of down trees & fences. We had a huge limb fall on the roof of our garage and cause a LOT of damage. Waiting on insurance adjuster to come out.

We were picking up the debris, cutting branches, and the whole time yesterday you could hear more limbs just falling all around us. I guess they broke in the Friday storm, but didn't fall. Yesterday they were falling. So not fun wondering if you're standing under a widowmaker. Also not fun to think you get the yard cleaned up, only to have more limbs fall and you have to start all over.
Sea Speed
2:50p, 2/7/24
Finally went to check my outdoor showers and Lo and behold all the pipes are cracked. When digging around by the valve there was apparently a drain I didn't know existed. We had shut everything off and opened everything up but somehow we still busted a bunch of pipes. Looks like I'm buying a pex expander.
Ryan the Temp
3:09p, 2/8/24
In reply to Sea Speed
If you are okay with crimp rings, I have all the tools. I also have 1/2" PEX pipe, but it's blue and red.
Sea Speed
3:33p, 2/8/24
In reply to Ryan the Temp
I appreciate it, but i bought an expansion tool today brand new off fb marketplace for $280. I probably have close to enough tubing as well from redoing my apartment so just need to double check the fittings and head to Moore.
Milwaukees Best Light
4:29p, 2/8/24
I know we have some weather dorks, some weather idiots and just some regular dorks that visit this thread, so maybe one of yall can answer my question.

During our awful summer we were introduced to the Hunga Tonga undersea volcano eruption. The sea water that got sent into the atmosphere was theorized to be a significant factor in our abnormally hot summer. The water in the atmosphere is supposed to stay up there for a couple years. If all this is true enough, it would stand to reason that many places in the southern hemisphere would be having awful summers right now. Is that the case? Are Australia and South America having a similar rough time right now? Or was this just a regular old bad summer that we get every 12-15 years and Hunga Tonga probably didn't factor much?
ski-man
4:33p, 2/8/24
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I know we have some weather dorks, some weather idiots and just some regular dorks that visit this thread, so maybe one of yall can answer my question.

During our awful summer we were introduced to the Hunga Tonga undersea volcano eruption. The sea water that got sent into the atmosphere was theorized to be a significant factor in our abnormally hot summer. The water in the atmosphere is supposed to stay up there for a couple years. If all this is true enough, it would stand to reason that many places in the southern hemisphere would be having awful summers right now. Is that the case? Are Australia and South America having a similar rough time right now? Or was this just a regular old bad summer that we get every 12-15 years and Hunga Tonga probably didn't factor much?

Are you confusing water vapor and water droplets with the ash that comes out of the volcano?
Let's go ski-man!
Milwaukees Best Light
4:33p, 2/8/24
In reply to ski-man
No
Sea Speed
4:34p, 2/8/24

I've been in and out of Southern Brazil and it has been very wet. On more than one occasion our boat couldn't leave the dock because the current in the river was too strong and the pilots shut down the channel. This is almost down to Uruguay.
ski-man
4:36p, 2/8/24

No
As a former meteorologist I haven't heard any facts that water vapor or liquid water from the ocean above that volcano would cause abnormally, hot summers. What has been proven in the past is that the ash that comes out of volcanoes can lower temperatures for a year or two across the world.
Let's go ski-man!
Milwaukees Best Light
4:39p, 2/8/24
In reply to ski-man
ski-man said:

No
As a meteorologist I haven't heard any facts that water vapor or liquid water from the ocean above that volcano would cause abnormally, hot summers. What has been proven in the past is that the ash that comes out of volcanoes can lower temperatures for a year or two across the world.

What I learned this summer is that water vapor acts as a greenhouse gas and has a high CO2e and Hunga Tonga put a whole buttload of it in the atmosphere.
ski-man
5:42p, 2/8/24

ski-man said:

No
As a meteorologist I haven't heard any facts that water vapor or liquid water from the ocean above that volcano would cause abnormally, hot summers. What has been proven in the past is that the ash that comes out of volcanoes can lower temperatures for a year or two across the world.

What I learned this summer is that water vapor acts as a greenhouse gas and has a high CO2e and Hunga Tonga put a whole buttload of it in the atmosphere.

Have not heard that. I will have to take a look. I have been in a different business for many years now so do not see all the research lately.
Let's go ski-man!
Tom Cardy
6:17p, 2/8/24
I recall seeing somewhere that there were some studies done that found it had minimal-zero impact. I think you'll find conflicting opinions on it, especially from the standpoint of climate science being fairly politically aligned.
Baron von Bulsh
10:46p, 2/8/24

Heat and Bad Music Kills Taylor Swift Fans
sts7049
5:53a, 2/9/24
i have not seen anything to suggest this summer in SA is any different than recent years
P.H. Dexippus
7:01a, 2/9/24
Anyone else getting hit hard over the past week by the cedar pollen? I figure this is non-hurricane weather related…
CDUB98
7:38a, 2/9/24
In reply to P.H. Dexippus
P.H. Dexippus said:

Anyone else getting hit hard over the past week by the cedar pollen? I figure this is non-hurricane weather related…

Yes
Sea Speed
7:42a, 2/9/24
I've never had issues with allergies that i can recall but my entire face is itching like crazy this morning. Maybe living in the woods finally brought it out in me.
Milwaukees Best Light
7:52a, 2/9/24
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

I've never had issues with allergies that i can recall but my entire face is itching like crazy this morning. Maybe living in the woods finally brought it out in me.

Maybe sticking your face in a big brazilian butt is catching up with you.
Sea Speed
7:56a, 2/9/24

Sea Speed said:

Maybe sticking your face in a big brazilian butt is catching up with you.

Ha thats not my speed, but the trope about Brazilians having huge butts is absolutely true.
AgLiving06
9:36a, 2/11/24
Tornado watch for Houston. Lanza is saying mostly North Houston.
FarmerJohn
10:03a, 2/11/24
In reply to P.H. Dexippus
Cedar is definitely getting to me. Spent time raking up thatch on Thursday, and wouldn't you know that it spiked that day.
agz win
10:23a, 2/11/24
80 mph winds at Point Blank at Lake Livingston.
Stat Monitor Repairman
5:21p, 2/16/24
Sea Speed
5:23p, 2/16/24
In reply to Stat Monitor Repairman
They gonna **** around and starting naming the entire season soon.
Stat Monitor Repairman
5:27p, 2/16/24
In reply to Sea Speed

We goin' for the record.
CDUB98
7:35p, 2/16/24
They literally predict doom and disaster every year for the sake of the climate religion.....and it doesn't happen.

The zealots are just waiting for that one year of statistical anomaly to be the flame to push more watermelon policies.
wessimo
11:08a, 2/27/24
ETA - bogus reporting. Somebody add some "community notes"

Breggy Popup
11:15a, 2/27/24
In reply to wessimo
Vert de ferk?!?
Milwaukees Best Light
11:19a, 2/27/24
Probably a bad temp sensor or bad placement. That doesn't jive with the temps around it.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 16 of 39
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings