1836 Texas Kitchen
180,540 Views | 1210 Replies
Dro07
9:17a, 2/19/19
pizza place going out of business only to open with a new pizza place... My guess its going to be a more casual dining experience.
AGC
9:44a, 2/19/19
In reply to Dro07
dromo07 said:

pizza place going out of business only to open with a new pizza place... My guess its going to be a more casual dining experience.

Why? Where will they park? How will they turn enough tables?
J_Landes89
11:34a, 2/20/19
In reply to AGC
Lulz
RockOn
7:55p, 2/27/19
Roseland Luby's closed for good or are people just going crazy over some interior updates?
Post removed:
by user
6:44a, 2/28/19
AGC
11:43a, 3/18/19
Trying Pazzeria on the square right now...review forthcoming.
Josepi
1:11p, 3/18/19
I really like Pazzeria. It's a small place, and the tables are a bit too close together, but the pizza is good, and the pasta is made in house. Been there a few times.
AGC
1:31p, 3/18/19
In reply to Josepi
Josepi said:

I really like Pazzeria. It's a small place, and the tables are a bit too close together, but the pizza is good, and the pasta is made in house. Been there a few times.

I'd agree with that. Tried two pizzas. Flavor was good for both. Maybe a little oily at times but still good.
UncleDave
1:58p, 3/20/19
Any idea what is going in next to Bruno's on Old Jville?
(I don't recall seeing a sign, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.)
RockOn
8:10p, 3/20/19
I'm a big fan of the Pazzeria. Seems to be doing well.
PDWT_12
2:03p, 3/21/19
In reply to UncleDave
Think I read that it is going to be a gas station, but I could be remembering wrong.
Stive
2:11p, 3/21/19
So what's the story with the American State Bank at Cumberland and Broadway....what froze construction and why hasn't it continued?
AGC
2:33p, 3/21/19
In reply to AGC
AGC said:

dromo07 said:

yes and its not taco cabana. its going to be a bank.

ASB if I had to guess. Feel sorry for anyone that actually uses it once it's there (regardless of what bank it is).

I was wrong. Bank or Tyler. Lender of last resort gonna lender of last resort.
AGC
2:34p, 3/21/19
In reply to Stive
Stive said:

So what's the story with the American State Bank at Cumberland and Broadway....what froze construction and why hasn't it continued?

As the rumor mill goes, deed restrictions with Christus calling for development within a certain period of time.
Stive
5:09p, 3/21/19
Anyone tried the Burger Warehouse in Green Acres shopping center? Didn't even know it was there and just saw it for the first time today.
Dro07
5:15p, 3/21/19
In reply to Stive
Ya i think it was posted about a while back on here. It was good but have better options closer to me.

ya check out page 14
Josepi
6:32p, 3/21/19
In reply to Stive
The burger itself is surprisingly good.

However, the menu is extremely limited, and the atmosphere is pretty bad. it's been there probably a year, and it looks like it is still under construction.
AsburyAg
3:25p, 4/9/19
It looks like they're gutting the old SEARS. There's a lot of debris piled up outside. Any idea on what's going in there?
pantherag
5:51p, 4/9/19
In reply to AsburyAg
AsburyAg said:

It looks like they're gutting the old SEARS. There's a lot of debris piled up outside. Any idea on what's going in there?

Dicks Sporting Goods and I believe a Gym are the two main stores. Also there will be two eating establishments, but not sure on those yet.
Dro07
6:37p, 4/9/19
Dicks

Rumor on the gym is planet fitness for all the hollytree moms since fit moved
J_Landes89
3:40p, 4/16/19
No room for (more) Dicks in Tyler!!!
Josepi
2:02p, 4/19/19
Drove by the Athena Greek restaurant on the loop, and it appears to be gone. I never went, but had heard it was good.
UncleDave
8:25a, 4/20/19
Planet Fitness, lol. Perfect fit for a mall.

It's outside of Tyler, but has anyone tried Brisket Love Icehouse in Lindale yet? I think it just recently opened.
J_Landes89
11:00a, 4/20/19
In reply to Josepi
Being remodeled.. still open
UncleDave
4:06p, 5/7/19
In reply to PDWT_12
PDWT_12 said:

Think I read that it is going to be a gas station, but I could be remembering wrong.
It's going to be a car wash.....and according to the sign, it can be purchased at an upcoming auction. Seems odd.
J_Landes89
3:38a, 5/9/19
There's an Urban Axe Throwing Bar coming..

Just south of Bruno's on Old Jack....

https://www.facebook.com/events/422934365175515/?ti=icl
PDWT_12
9:45a, 5/9/19
In reply to UncleDave
Ya, we were at Bruno's the other night and I saw that. Seems strange especially with a new car wash already going in at the corner of Cumberland and Broadway.
Dro07
7:04p, 5/9/19
Speaking of Cumberland... so glad they are going to slash and burn the wooded area on the west of broadway to build more retail.
Post removed:
by user
7:56p, 5/9/19
SoulSlaveAG2005
8:12p, 5/9/19
In reply to [removed post]
Aggiebrewer said:

all the woods around my childhood home are gone.

in its place is Carter BloodCare & some other Dr's offices.

we had such fun in those woods. horse back riding, tree houses, playing war, catching snakes, berry picking.

I guess ipads are more fun these days

Fify... I happen to work there.

Sorry about Stewart cutting down your woods, though. Positive side is CMF and UT have blood ready and real close when needed.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
AGC
9:34p, 5/9/19
In reply to Dro07
dromo07 said:

Speaking of Cumberland... so glad they are going to slash and burn the wooded area on the west of broadway to build more retail.

Who's going to lease it? The Shops couldn't even finish out their planned phases and made several changes to development.
Dro07
10:27p, 5/9/19
In reply to AGC
No idea but it was on the news like two days ago from the planning and zoning committee.

I will say the original design of Cumberland was awesome with tons of trees and terraces but money got in the way I guess.
J_Landes89
12:17a, 5/10/19
https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/permit-granted-for-homegoods-to-come-to-tylers-broadway-square-mall/501-44b66339-a06b-404a-9037-b0637a4ccf36
Dro07
1:34p, 5/10/19
In reply to J_Landes89
so stores i won't ever go in... sweet
RockOn
8:14p, 5/10/19
Pizza place on the downtown square is closed. Sounds like disagreements among owners.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 17 of 35
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings