Saw my first Cyber Truck
15,362 Views | 141 Replies
steve00
8:54p, 4/10/24
In reply to hph6203
hph6203 said:

They're the same model vehicle in the same vehicle class, but if you can't see a difference you're blind.

Absolutely. This isn't even a debate. Anybody can see that one is red and the other is white.
hph6203
9:00p, 4/10/24
In reply to steve00
Flatter hood, flatness on the front extended from side to side to limit how goofy it looks on the old model, better headlights. Design shifts it closer to the Model S.
EliteZags
9:29p, 4/10/24
Yea and iPhone 15 looks a lot different than 14
hph6203
10:08p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
The iPhone 15 and 14 is the same exact case, dumb comparison. It's more like saying an iPhone 8 looks the same as an iPhone 12.
EliteZags
10:17p, 4/10/24
In reply to hph6203
hph6203 said:

Flatter hood, flatness on the front extended from side to side to limit how goofy it looks on the old model, better headlights. Design shifts it closer to the Model S.

you're picking at hairs, it's the same vanilla car

looks closer to a Prius than to Model S

bam02
10:20p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
I don't find any Teslas to be very attractive, including the model, S, but I will say they are distinctive. They definitely do not look like every other car on the road.
EliteZags
10:23p, 4/10/24
In reply to bam02
my point is your Model 3 will look exactly like the dozens other Model 3s you pass on the fwy

owners coming out of CA Costco's struggle to find their own damn car in the lot
bam02
10:25p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
Yeah they're the same model.
GAC06
10:29p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
Weird argument. It's a nice enough looking car. The most common car on the road is an F-150, but somehow we don't find them "bland"?
EliteZags
11:08p, 4/10/24
fine it at least looks better than the Model Y

Yellerjacket
2:43p, 4/11/24
In reply to hph6203
hph6203 said:

The 2024 looks a lot less "bubbly". Big improvement imo.
Ag for Life
4:00p, 4/11/24
In reply to Yellerjacket
Yellerjacket said:

hph6203 said:

The 2024 looks a lot less "bubbly". Big improvement imo.

When you start with something so incredibly ugly, improval is not too hard.
Medaggie
11:41p, 4/11/24
90% of the cars look about the same.

99% of trucks looks about the same.

cmiller00
11:55a, 4/27/24
Just saw a maroon one. Guess it is a wrap.
Absolute
12:39p, 4/27/24
Have seen a couple in the wild lately. All I can think is Musk is pranking everyone by purposely making it look like a something from a bad 70s sci-fi movie and laughing himself to the bank every time one is a sold.
cmiller00
9:30p, 4/27/24
You can only get it in one color……

But for $6500 extra we can wrap it in whatever color you want.
sts7049
7:21a, 4/28/24
if you want to really see all the details of how it's built, munro live is doing a teardown of one

https://www.youtube.com/@MunroLive/videos
rme
8:55a, 4/28/24
Neighbor just got one and parks it out front. So ugly the garage won't let it in.
Brad_97
12:55p, 4/28/24
The fact that anyone can look at a Cybertruck and then a Rivian and say "give me the Cybertruck" baffles me to no end
dodger02
1:03p, 4/28/24
I see them frequently in Austin / Round Rock / Georgetown. Ugly AF.

But I saw a black wrapped one on Friday that was striking. Really sharp.
drumboy
3:26p, 4/28/24
Saw a friend yesterday at a party that got one and I asked to see it but he said someone rear ended him.

Htf does anyone run into something that attention grabbing? Turns out they were distracted recording him.
EliteZags
12:10a, 5/10/24
https://instagr.am/p/C6rCYQzovXi
agdaddy04
12:33a, 5/10/24
In reply to cmiller00
Saw one yesterday in gray digital camo.
The Fife
6:51a, 5/10/24
A neighbor bought what may be the first one in SC. They're major Tesla bros; they already have two. One of which is the one with the gull wing doors and a Space X badge on the back, both have custom plates.

I've gotta say..... yep, it's definitely ugly! But I think it's ugly like a VW Thing where people like it because of just how weird it is. It's not for me, but glad it's around because it's something different for a change.

satexas
8:28p, 5/14/24
In reply to The Fife
The Fife said:

A neighbor bought what may be the first one in SC. They're major Tesla bros; they already have two. One of which is the one with the gull wing doors and a Space X badge on the back, both have custom plates.

I've gotta say..... yep, it's definitely ugly! But I think it's ugly like a VW Thing where people like it because of just how weird it is. It's not for me, but glad it's around because it's something different for a change.

They need to spend less on Tesla fandom and more on buying a house where they can park their cars on their property and not on the street.

Not judging or anything... but sheesh.
redaszag99
8:53p, 5/14/24
There were several of the in the Tesla store at 290 @ 6 in cypress sunday
Buck Turgidson
8:55p, 5/14/24
I've seen two in real life so far. One had a black wrap.
drumboy
9:14p, 5/14/24
In reply to satexas
satexas said:

The Fife said:

They need to spend less on Tesla fandom and more on buying a house where they can park their cars on their property and not on the street.

Not judging or anything... but sheesh.

And fixing that MY's bumper
ReloadAg
6:00a, 5/15/24
I'm seeing them several times a week now around Austin. Still think they look better wrapped than raw stainless and they're way too over priced. Those things are ripe for massive depreciation.
The Fife
6:28a, 5/15/24
In reply to satexas
The neighborhood was established in the late 1950s, but I think they're one of the ones whose place had a two car garage from the beginning. They already have to other Teslas in the driveway and I'd imagine a garage full of junk.
The Fife
6:29a, 5/15/24
In reply to ReloadAg
Massive depreciation? Sounds like every other truck out there!
Mr. McGibblets
7:08a, 5/15/24
My neighbor across the street has one. Also has a lightning and Tesla suv. What's funny is he used to have a raptor. Then went full man bun and Subaru. Then went Audi electric. Then rolled into the cars above. Been fun to watch.
cmiller00
7:11a, 5/15/24
See one on my kids intermediate school car line now. Agree look better wrapped. That stainless has to be a pain to keep clean.
drumboy
9:36a, 5/15/24
In reply to Mr. McGibblets
Mr. McGibblets said:

My neighbor across the street has one. Also has a lightning and Tesla suv. What's funny is he used to have a raptor. Then went full man bun and Subaru. Then went Audi electric. Then rolled into the cars above. Been fun to watch.

Man that's me minus the man bun

Subie wrx wagon
Repeat
Tundra
LX570
MYP
Ag for Life
9:41a, 5/15/24
In reply to drumboy
drumboy said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

Man that's me minus the man bun

Subie wrx wagon
Repeat
Tundra
LX570
MYP

It's coming...
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy