Saw my first Cyber Truck
15,377 Views | 141 Replies
ReloadAg
6:05p, 3/5/24
They definitely look better wrapped. Flat black looks pretty sweet.
Medaggie
9:14p, 3/5/24
This car will be a hit. Celebs are all starting to get it. I will wrap mine in mat black
ABATTBQ11
9:37p, 3/5/24
I might consider it in several years when my taco is done. I would rather see them get all the design kinks figured out first.
idAg09
10:02p, 3/5/24
Saw one in Northwest Houston today around lunch time. Looked cool. Passed a stop sign.
Medaggie
11:26p, 3/5/24

This is what I will do when I get one
tk for tu juan
11:22p, 3/6/24
txags92
1:54p, 3/8/24
The folks about 5 doors down the street from us in Bastrop own one. Pretty sure they work for Tesla or one of the other Elon companies nearby. There are a ton of Teslas in our neighborhood. My overriding impression of the CT was also that it seems short, but otherwise the looks aren't that bad. I think it is kind of like a lot of other automotive styling choices recently that will eventually grow on me or at least come to look "normal" once you get over how it looks initially.
aggieforester05
2:17p, 3/8/24
In reply to tk for tu juan
That's the best looking spec I've seen, but it would look like that for exactly one day if I owned it. That would be a nightmare to keep clean.
512Ag
9:43p, 3/11/24
Saw this one at Big Bend NP today

Chase
3:00p, 3/19/24
In reply to aggieforester05
aggieforester05 said:

That's the best looking spec I've seen, but it would look like that for exactly one day if I owned it. That would be a nightmare to keep clean.
Anyone that has seen most of the matte vehicles beyond 60 days old would be wary of doing it They look great when the paint or wrap is new but so dirty looking later.
HollywoodBQ
3:14p, 3/19/24
Saw my first one coming off the Bolivar Ferry on Sunday afternoon.
Looked just as hideous in real life as it does on the screen.
drumboy
4:27p, 3/19/24
In reply to 512Ag
512Ag said:

Saw this one at Big Bend NP today

Distributed camping w/ a huge battery is cheating.
cav14
4:36p, 3/19/24
In reply to Chase
Chase said:

aggieforester05 said:

Anyone that has seen most of the matte vehicles beyond 60 days old would be wary of doing it They look great when the paint or wrap is new but so dirty looking later.
That's why you should still wash and clean it just like any other vehicle. I did a matte black PPF with ceramic coating on my Tesla 5 years ago and it still looks as good as the day I got it.
cav14
4:42p, 3/19/24
These guys put tracks on a Cybertruck which actually matches very well with the whole geometric triangle aesthetic.

Chase
10:52a, 3/20/24
In reply to cav14
cav14 said:

Chase said:

aggieforester05 said:

That's why you should still wash and clean it just like any other vehicle. I did a matte black PPF with ceramic coating on my Tesla 5 years ago and it still looks as good as the day I got it.
The ceramic coating changes things entirely. Smart move.
aggiedata
1:48p, 3/22/24
Not sure what happened here

BenTheGoodAg
1:50p, 3/22/24
In reply to aggiedata
aggiedata said:

Looks like it hit water and died instantly.
aggiedata
1:51p, 3/22/24
In reply to BenTheGoodAg
BenTheGoodAg said:

aggiedata said:

Looks like it hit water and died instantly.

It does appear so.
hph6203
11:59a, 3/27/24
A plastic wheel well cover became dislodged and rubbed the tire. Driver popped it back in place and kept driving.
cav14
11:30a, 4/4/24
Same Cybertruck this time running paddle tires and Fox suspension.

GrapevineAg
1:28p, 4/9/24
Saw this guy at the Maverick RV Park in Lajitas last week. Pic isn't mine and it's not from the RV park, but it's the same guy. He was there with a guy in a Rivian truck pulling a little "V" or "A" trailer. Anyhow, I was struck by the dichotomy of the classic, rounded and beautiful Airstream trailer being pulled by a modern, angular, and ugly (imho) Cybertruck. About the only thing they have in common is the silver color.

Furlock Bones
1:56p, 4/9/24
In reply to GrapevineAg
aluminum on the airstream is far superior to the "stainless" of the Cybertruck.
satexas
4:42p, 4/9/24
In reply to GrapevineAg
GrapevineAg said:

Saw this guy at the Maverick RV Park in Lajitas last week. Pic isn't mine and it's not from the RV park, but it's the same guy. He was there with a guy in a Rivian truck pulling a little "V" or "A" trailer. Anyhow, I was struck by the dichotomy of the classic, rounded and beautiful Airstream trailer being pulled by a modern, angular, and ugly (imho) Cybertruck. About the only thing they have in common is the silver color.

I got a million bucks that says that guy thinks he's super clever and badass having both in silver and being 'the same'.

On a side note, to each his own, but how anyone likes the look of the cybertruck is beyond me. I get "it's different", but it's 1980's video game graphics.
ttha_aggie_09
4:49p, 4/9/24
I saw a blacked out one near San Antonio at golf course yesterday. Looked way better than the silver but they're still ugly
EliteZags
1:38p, 4/10/24
Model S is the only attractive looking Tesla

from best to worst:

S
Roadster
Semi
X
3 (as bland as can be)
Truck
Y (like driving an egg)
hph6203
1:44p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
Have you seen the new Model 3? Much better than the old in my opinion.
EliteZags
3:09p, 4/10/24
In reply to hph6203
futuristic Corolla
GAC06
4:30p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
I'm not seeing any resemblance to a corolla at all other than they're both cars
EliteZags
4:33p, 4/10/24
In reply to GAC06
referring to the generic mundaness of driving the most common car on the road
hph6203
4:38p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
The new Model 3 has about 20,000 total sales in the U.S.
EliteZags
4:46p, 4/10/24
ZOMG night n day difference

GAC06
5:15p, 4/10/24
It does look a lot different. Better in my opinion, and much more similar to the S
EliteZags
6:23p, 4/10/24
they look the damn same, which never thought it looked particularly bad, just like wearing a Seiko and Skechers
Charismatic Megafauna
7:47p, 4/10/24
In reply to Medaggie
Medaggie said:

This is what I will do when I get one

How'd he manage to get it to leak oil?
hph6203
8:14p, 4/10/24
In reply to EliteZags
They're the same model vehicle in the same vehicle class, but if you can't see a difference you're blind.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 5
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings