Saw my first Cyber Truck

13,348 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by drumboy
TX AG 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No apparent Tesla or Cyber Truck threads on page 1.

Saw my first "live" one today in Schertz, TX. Seemed more like something Tonka would make rather than a real, working vehicle someone would drive. They may be marvels of technology and/or manufacturing, but did not stir the "I want one of those!" bone, not one iota.

For what it's worth...
Picard
AG
Rule 1

TX AG 88
AG
sorry, was driving alone and it was going the other direction.
Complete Idiot
Nobody had posted on the other thread for 20 days, dropped off the page.

Saw 6 in one day a couple weeks ago, but 4 were at the Tesla "dealership". I'm seeing more and more here in Teslatown.
07ag
AG
Cool man, how did it drive,?
https://ts.la/eric59704
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Saw my first up here in Prosper today. No thanks
Tim Weaver
My Son got a ride in one. They did a launch. He said it was legit fast, but wondered why a truck needs to be fast.

Tesla is a sponsor of the Electric FSAE car, of which he is on the design team and a driver.....
JSKolache
AG
Same. Saw one in Richmond this weekend.
akaggie05
AG
Saw one out my office window in Plano last week. Woof.
Pepper Brooks
AG
The only color I've seen that looks decent is matte black. The silver is gross.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Saw one in Katy last week. I think they're cool trucks and have an incredible amount power but good lord they're hideous… maybe worse in person.
GrapevineAg
AG
We saw one multiple times around FW and the mid cities about 2-3 weeks ago. Got 1 pic at a Buccee's (I think). It had a huge LED TV covering the whole tailgate. I assume it was some form of advertising. The truck itself is not very big.

chimpanzee
GrapevineAg said:

The truck itself is not very big.

That was my first thought after seeing one in person. For some reason I thought that they would be larger.

Maybe production will be low enough that this is never a factor, but it seems like a pure novelty design. If enough of them get out and about, I suspect the world will realize why design conformity is actually a winning strategy.
ElephantRider
AG
Saw one in CS last week. Just all of the WTF with those things. I can't fathom why anyone would want one.
BlueSmoke
There's one in Frisco. Weird looking thing, for sure
ccolley68
AG
chimpanzee said:

GrapevineAg said:

The truck itself is not very big.

That was my first thought after seeing one in person. For some reason I thought that they would be larger.

Maybe production will be low enough that this is never a factor, but it seems like a pure novelty design. If enough of them get out and about, I suspect the world will realize why design conformity is actually a winning strategy.

Same, saw one parked when I was leaving a restaurant the other day. I was really surprised how small it was. They seemed like they would be much bigger. At least taller. And damn they are UGLY. The one I saw was the standard stainless. Then next day saw a black one pass me on the freeway going the other direction. Not enough time to get a good take on it all, but much preferred the black to the stainless. Still wouldn't drive one either way, it's just not my style aesthetically. If I were to ever go electric truck, the Rivian is much better to me. But also very surprisingly small.
EskimoJoe
drmwvr
bam02
AG
It's funny that everyone is saying they are surprised that they weren't bigger. I have not seen one, but always pictured them as gargantuan. That picture of one charging gives me some perspective and does surprise me that it's not that big.
ktownag08
AG
Posted on the other Tesla thread a few weeks back after seeing one.

The small size was the standout to me. The styling is whatever, as some will love it and some will hate it, but the fact it's so damn small seemed super weird.

I saw a dark green color. I think a dark color is the only way to go since it gives it a stealth fighter look.
highlonesomeaggie
AG
Saw one in Amarillo a couple of weeks back. Size was my first thought too. Seemed smaller than a Ranger or Tacoma.

Complete Idiot
Length
F-150 Lightning - 231.7"
Cybertruck - 223.7"

Height
F-150 Lightning - 77.2"
Cybertruck - 70.5"

Width
F-150 Lightning - 83.3"
Cybertruck - 86.6"

The height difference is a bit surprising and I assume linked to the "small" perceptions. A sedan can be around 57" high
aggieforester05
AG
They're neat but too expensive for what they are. Also the interior is really bland. I don't like that there's no instrument cluster or HUD. Just an IPad in the center that you have to look right to see your speed. Self driving and autopilot is not working even though everyone is having to pay for FSD on the foundation editions. Range doesn't appear to be any or much better than Ford.
dodger02
AG
Parked next to one today. It was clean and filthy all at the same time. Ugly, too. But to each his own.

Covered in fingerprints and a patina that was just gross. For someone that likes a clean vehicle, that thing would drive me nuts.
maroon barchetta
Ugly enough to be theft proof.
Teslag
AG
I still don't get the point of an EV truck if you want a truck to do truck things.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ugly enough to be theft proof.
Not sure why they made it look like something that Link could have found in Ocarina of Time.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
tk for tu juan

First rule of demolition derby, don't hit with your front
Dr. Doctor
AG
davido
AG
Teslag said:

I still don't get the point of an EV truck if you want a truck to do truck things.

Took them a bit, but Ford finally realized this also.
EMY92
AG
Teslag said:

What percentage of trucks do truck things?

My truck rarely does.
dodger02
AG
EMY92 said:

Teslag said:

What percentage of trucks do truck things?

My truck rarely does.

Yeah, I don't know what Teslag means. The vast majority of truck owners don't tow routinely or haul lots of heavy cargo in the bed very frequently. They're big, relatively inefficient daily drivers with enough utility for a Home Depot run once a month.

A Cyber Truck will do those "truck things" just fine while beating a C8 Z06 and 911 Turbo off the line at every red light.

But it's ugly AF.
Whitetail
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

It is made out of stainless, that'll easily buff out.
dodger02
AG
Not sure if serious.

It probably will. But who wants to pull out the Brasso and orbital polisher every couple of weeks to keep it from looking like dog *****
aggieforester05
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

The CTs in the wild are all $100K AWD (not cyberbeast) foundation edition models.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.