Honda Odyssey maintenance

351 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by aggiedata
Bobcat-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We recently bought a used Honda Odyssey and we need some normal scheduled maintenance. I know that the dealership is not the best place to go, but does anyone have recommendations? We are between Austin and San Marcos.
Martin Q. Blank
VCM delete
AggieDruggist89
AG
On our 2nd Oddy since 2000.

Oil change, transmission fluid drain and fill, struts when due (don't forget alignment after) and timing belt.

And keep it clean. Kids aren't excuse for having a dirty car. Teach them to be careful and also have them pick up and clean the spills.

Ok, I gave you auto maintenance and parenting tips.
Bobcat-Ag
Thanks all, but really just asking for a recommendation for where to take it. Should I use the dealer since it's scheduled maintenance, or would any local repair shop be fine?
ComeAndTakeIt
Also check oil and tires after every week. Wiper blades before it rains and air filters each season.
aggiedata
AG
Get a quote from the dealer on what you need done so you can compare.

I'm not familiar with that area, but avoid the chains like Christian Brothers please.

A quick google map search shows me high ratings with reviews with Potter Automotive in Kyle and Japanese Auto Repair in San Marcos. Call them for a quote on the scheduled maintenance. See if it matches up with the dealership. Select a few more. Ask your friends. A good independent mechanic is great to have on older cars.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.