Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Peptides

5,083 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Wodanaz
Kwade23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a pretty long standing history of Achilles tendinitis on both sides, even tore one about 18 months ago. I know it's probably seen as an "easy" way out but thinking about trying BPC 157. Wondering if anyone's had an experience with it and if any supplier recommendations.
Woods Ag
AG
Yes, it works..

Tore one of my knees in college way back when. Had multiple surgeries before I could walk correctly again. I spent the last 10 years doing crossfit 5-6x a week at a pretty decent level.

In January I caught a heavy clean with one of my feet sticking to the ground in an awkward position (damn new shoes) and it really hurt me knee again. My outer meniscus is over 80% torn, so there isn't much they could ever do to fix it and it's never been 100% again, but after this I couldn't bend it. Went to the ortho, ligaments all good, nothing new torn, but htere is so much deterioration in my knee he was blown away that my knee wasn't a balloon. It wasn't swollen at all. He told me there wasn't much that could be done to fix it. My next surgery is knee replacement so basically stop working out legs and last as long as possible.

It took 2-3 months before I could get back in the gym and I still couldnt squat to parallel, wall balls, etc. It was rough. I got some BPC157 and started injecting it into my knee and within 3-4 weeks I was squatting below parallel, thrusters, etc. It'll never be where it was 2-3 years ago, but I'm working out when the doc told me I'd never do that again.

That's my particular case and with the state of my knee I think BPC157 did about as good a job as possible.

More recently my wife hurt her foot and she rested it for 2 weeks. No running, biking, rowing, etc. Very little excersice because her foot would hurt really bad. After a few weeks of hit not improving I talked her into trying BPC157. I've injected into her foot every day for 2 weeks as of earlier this week and she's running, squatting, rowing, biking.. She just did an hours worth of overhead squats, dumbell snatches and wall walks this morning with no pain.

California Peptides and Peptides Sciences are the 2 brands I've used. Don't listen to anyone that says "easy way out." Take your health into your own hand and you'll be much better off

And if the pharmacutical companies have their way and get this **** banned it's more proof that you should use doctors and anything from pharma as a last resort.
GeorgiAg
AG
Quote:

started injecting it into my knee
you inject it at/near the affected area?

Also, is there a book or source you read? I know Jay Campbell came out with a book recently on peptides. I was thinking about getting it.

(for research purposes only)
Woods Ag
AG
I haven't read any books. There are a lot of podcasts i've listened to about it.

I inject right into the site of the injury. I talked to my ortho about BPC157 after that initial visit and he said he recommends doing it as well and to inject right into the knee.

What brought me to try it:
- Had friends that swore by it.
- Had heard Rogan and guests talking about them, so I was familiar.
- The final straw before I started googling for them to find out more information is when I was listening to Sevan's podcast. He's an old crossfit news guy. And he mentioned that Sara Sigmundsdottir had said she avoided surgery with the use and he hadn't done a rope climb in 2 years because of his elbow. Within 2 weeks of injections he was doing legless rope climbs.. At that point I bought my first bottle and then I started googling for others that had similar success, side effects, yadayada..

Kwade23
AG
Woods Ag said:

California Peptides and Peptides Sciences are the 2 brands I've used.

Briefly checked out their websites. Is what they're supplying ready to use or do you need to purchase the BAC water as well? Do they supply syringes and alcohol wipes or is that just the peptide?
Woods Ag
AG
No. You can get the bac water and syringes off of Amazon. Alcohol and cotton balls and you're good to go.

You have to reconstitute it and then keep it in the fridge afterwards.

https://peptidecalc.com/

Here's the peptide calc I use for reconstitution and dosage

bigtruckguy3500
Soooo... Peptides can work. Insulin is a peptide. So is Ozempic. The issue with most peptides (and there are quite a few) is that majority, if not all, data is based on animal models. Mice, rabbits, etc., do not live near as long as humans. Some of these compounds do things to the body that could be quite harmful. If you can imagine, BPC157 supposedly helps angiogenesis, which is the formation of new blood vessels. If you have cancer somewhere in the body, you could potentially be helping promote it getting an enhanced blood supply.

I'm not saying they're bad or dangerous. I'm not saying they work or don't work. There's some compelling animal research, and plethora of human anecdotes to suggest they work. But there is not any significant data to prove safety.

People flipped out and lost their utter minds at the idea of a COVID vaccine that had been tested on 10's of thousands of people with really good safety data. But many of those same people are willing to inject these peptides, that are sourced in bulk from factories in China, because they watched a youtube video or read about some meat head who said it worked for them? There's some incongruency in thought there. Just think about that. You have no idea what you're injecting into your body unless you test a sample yourself, or you trust that the company you're buying from has tested every batch they receive from China. Not only tested it for the active ingredient, but tested it to make sure there are no heavy metal or other contaminants.

Not saying you shouldn't try it. I know I've been tempted with all my injuries as well, but I still have at least 40-50 years left to live, if I stay healthy. That's a long time for side effects to compound in my body. I'm sure the data will come out over time. Only a matter of time till someone commercializes it.

In the mean time, if you're going to try it, would be best to source it from a reputable physician that works with a licensed compounding pharmacy in the US. That way you actually know what you're getting is what you're wanting.
Woods Ag
AG
Are you sure what these licensed physicians are getting is legit. I'm not. A

You bring up a lot of good points. Theres definitely risk involved. I didn't get vaccinated and I dispute it was tested on 10s of thousands. This is also Very different than a vaccine that affects the heart.

I guess I'm ok with it as I've chosen this for myself and the other vaccine was mandated at the expense of my job, which I gave up. And it actually did what it was advertised to do unlike the Covid vax.
bigtruckguy3500
Woods Ag said:

Are you sure what these licensed physicians are getting is legit. I'm not. A

You bring up a lot of good points. Theres definitely risk involved. I didn't get vaccinated and I dispute it was tested on 10s of thousands. This is also Very different than a vaccine that affects the heart.

I guess I'm ok with it as I've chosen this for myself and the other vaccine was mandated at the expense of my job, which I gave up. And it actually did what it was advertised to do unlike the Covid vax.
You're right, I don't know licensed physicians are getting legit stuff. But if they're getting it from a licensed pharmacy from within the US that pharmacy is at risk from criminal charges. Also that pharmacy undergoes inspections, and while those inspections can be faked, I'm a little more confident than some random factory in China pumping this stuff out by the ton right next to the fentanyl they're pumping out.

If you believe doctors and scientists are just conspiring to fake data, or don't read scientific papers and research, then you can ignore everything below and save yourself some time.

I understand you believe what you want to believe. But they didn't fake the fact that it was tested on 10's of thousands. That would be pretty hard data to fake, and would involve paying off 10's of thousands of people. Additionally, COVID also affects the heart. The rate of peri/myocarditis following COVID infection is twice as high in unvaccinated individuals compared with vaccinated. Additionally, severity of the myocarditis is also higher from actual COVID than vaccination. Of course if you don't believe any of the data to begin with, then none of what I stated matters.

Further, the vaccine actually did do what it was studied to do. If you read the actual data, and study design, the study was designed to test vaccinated individuals that developed symptoms. The British vaccine (I think GSK, tested everyone regardless of symptoms). So by design, the study only tested for development of symptomatic COVID following vaccination. And it definitely reduced symptomatic infections, and reduced mortality in those vaccinated. Of course, it's an RNA vaccine and prone to rapid mutation, which it did. And just like the flu vaccine, it loses efficacy over time.

Woods Ag
AG
Alright.

Let's not make this a covid discussion, but the actual papers did state what it did.. what they advertised that was all that 99.9% of people knew was bull***** So congratsc they were smart enough to cover their tracks but also knew that most weren't going to read.

**** all your statements that Covid caused all these things at a greater rate. Another revisionist history bull***** I want to see the control variables of these studies

I could go on but let's stick to peptides. Take your Covid bull**** to the Covid board where the rest of you lunatics live.
bigtruckguy3500
2girlsdad
Do we think Brigham is full of crap? He was on both sides (pharma rep and now his own wellness business/compounding pharmacy).

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4mCXtp4ylKsOX5fHx6Qzd9?si=6Ne4KBawRgyIV8KLh29Ejg
CharlieBrown17
AG
Woods Ag said:

Alright.

Let's not make this a covid discussion, but the actual papers did state what it did.. what they advertised that was all that 99.9% of people knew was bull***** So congratsc they were smart enough to cover their tracks but also knew that most weren't going to read.

**** all your statements that Covid caused all these things at a greater rate. Another revisionist history bull***** I want to see the control variables of these studies

I could go on but let's stick to peptides. Take your Covid bull**** to the Covid board where the rest of you lunatics live.

Let's not make this a Covid discussion

Adds paragraphs of Covid rant.
Woods Ag
AG
I know.. I can't help myself. I hate those people.
Kwade23
AG
I'm just now getting around to listening to this one. I listen to maybe 30% of Joe's stuff and this is one I passed over, so thanks for the recommendation.

I think one thing that a lot of these alternative medicine guys say that really resonates with me is our current healthcare system is set up to treat the symptoms not the disease which I do agree with. Safety is something we talk about a lot of work, and a lot of times, find ourselves discussing the action of an individual as opposed to what caused the individual to make that action. I'm a sense, I find that this thought process remains true for a lot of things, medicine being one.

No, I'm not a scientist or a doctor, but I do know that when compared to naturally derived substances, like peptides, manufacture drugs, have a higher chance of negative side effects such as addiction or degenerative disease. I choose to believe that what he is saying and other guys like him such a Gary Brecka, is true and they really do have peoples best interest in mind.
bigtruckguy3500
Kwade23 said:

I think one thing that a lot of these alternative medicine guys say that really resonates with me is our current healthcare system is set up to treat the symptoms not the disease which I do agree with.
Can you explain this and provide examples?
Kwade23
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Kwade23 said:

I think one thing that a lot of these alternative medicine guys say that really resonates with me is our current healthcare system is set up to treat the symptoms not the disease which I do agree with.

Simply, you are someone who constantly gets headaches and so you take Advil. This gets rid of your headaches. Your headaches are actually caused by a gluten intolerance in your gut, a common symptom of celiac disease.
Woods Ag
AG
Perfect example. This goes towards everything to tho.

Pharma wants to treat symptoms bc then you are always coming back for more. You take this shot or pill every day/week for life! Rather than fixing the real problem
Kwade23
AG
Another more common example. As we age, we have a tendency to gain weight and consume less healthy food. This results in higher blood pressure. Our heart has to work harder because we are not treating it properly. And instead of fixing our diet, we get on blood pressure medicine that our body becomes reliant on for the rest of our life.

Treatment is blood pressure medicine, disease unhealthy lifestyle
Woods Ag
AG
Same with type 2 diabetes
bigtruckguy3500
Kwade23 said:

bigtruckguy3500 said:

Kwade23 said:

Simply, you are someone who constantly gets headaches and so you take Advil. This gets rid of your headaches. Your headaches are actually caused by a gluten intolerance in your gut, a common symptom of celiac disease.

So, can you provide any data on how common this is? Specifically Celiac that presents with isolated headaches and no gastrointestinal symptoms? Or any neurologist or primary care provider that doesn't tell their patients with recurrent headaches to keep a headache diary that logs things like stress, sleep, foods, menstrual cycle, alcohol, etc., to find correlations between symptoms and lifestyle?
Kwade23 said:

Another more common example. As we age, we have a tendency to gain weight and consume less healthy food. This results in higher blood pressure. Our heart has to work harder because we are not treating it properly. And instead of fixing our diet, we get on blood pressure medicine that our body becomes reliant on for the rest of our life.

Treatment is blood pressure medicine, disease unhealthy lifestyle
How is this a problem with doctors and medicine? Literally every doctor tells their patients to eat healthier and exercise. And often in borderline patients will ask the patient to try lifestyle modification before starting on medications. What do you want them to do when we know that early treatment of blood pressure prevents morbidity and irreversible damage?

Woods Ag said:

Same with type 2 diabetes

Again, what's the solution when they've often told their patients to lose weight, cut back on carbs/carb count, and exercise?
Woods Ag
AG
Ok.

How about HIV?

Pharma doesn't give a **** about curing that but here's a cocktail that makes it nonexistent as long as you keep taking it.

bigtruckguy3500
Woods Ag said:

Ok.

How about HIV?

Pharma doesn't give a **** about curing that but here's a cocktail that makes it nonexistent as long as you keep taking it.

You're joking right? People are spending tons of money trying to find a cure. It's a hard virus to cure. It literally infects your own immune system, and makes it ineffective.

Also, there was a study published just recently about a new step towards a curative treatment. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-023-02547-6

Did you know that scientists created a cure for Hepatitis C, once thought to be incurable as well.
Woods Ag
AG
So are they curing it or did it get buried?
bigtruckguy3500
Woods Ag said:

So are they curing it or did it get buried?
I don't understand your question. It's right there on the internet. It's not buried. It's published on the internet so another lab can use that information to build on. Science is incremental.
Kwade23
AG
I think understand where you're coming from. You're someone who believes in the American healthcare system. Unfortunately there's a large population in America that it has not only failed but left severely debilitated and even killed.

The post is about looking for an alternative treatment to a problem that American pharmaceutical companies have caused in my own body. If you're not going to stick to the topic, please go elsewhere. I don't have the bandwidth to argue with people.
True Anomaly
AG
For the sake of argument….

If these peptides truly work with minimal side effects, then eventually more and more studies will reflect this, and more and more medical providers will look to them as treatment adjuncts.

A recent example of this phenomenon are GLP1's being used for weight loss more than treating diabetes. Because they were so effective at weight loss, eventually they were going to become more sought after by both patients AND medical providers

If you're skeptical of the American medical system, I kinda get it- but it's a bit more complicated than "they're keeping the answers from us to keep us sick!!!".
Kwade23
AG
True Anomaly said:

If you're skeptical of the American medical system, I kinda get it- but it's a bit more complicated than "they're keeping the answers from us to keep us sick!!!".

Agreed. I think it's a combination of incompetence, slowness to adopt new methodologies, and stubbornness.
Woods Ag
AG
I don't think it's the "medical community"

I think doctors and nurses want to help their patients. The pharmaceutical companies own our medical schools and that educate our medical community. They sit on the committees that approve what goes into our food. What's "Safe and Effective"

Listen to Calley Means on Russell Brand's podcast. That was a pretty good one I listened to just last week.

Listen to Gary Brakka.
True Anomaly
AG
I appreciate the recommendations, but I do not believe someone like Gary Brecka holds the answers to all this.

I mean, you've seen that he promotes using a "water wand" to make water healthier? Without any actual evidence to back it up?

Sometimes, folks on the fringe are on the fringe because their information is even more highly suspect than the "establishment".
Woods Ag
AG
I don't know what that is and I don't follow the guy religiously.

I think there is truth to some of the stuff he says about grounding, about folic acid, methylated vitamins, etc. I'm a chew the meat spit the bones kind of person. I try to listen to as much as I can from as many as I can and I take what I think can work or what I can see works, and I leave the rest until a later time.

Here's the thing. We allow **** in our food that no other 1st world country does. Our medical and food community is actively pushing that a highly processed foods diet is good for us. Last I heard is they said up to a 92% highly processed foods diet is good. Look at the ingredients on any of your food and tell me what any of that is. Actually look into what some of those things are and tell me why it's in your food.

If you get out of the middle isles of your grocery store and just stick with meat, veggies, and rice that hasn't been bleached or "enriched" you're doing pretty good, but then you start looking into all of the hormones and antibiotics that pump into our animals and that **** ain't good for you either.

Read your milk carton from the store. We get ours from a dairy farm now because mine said "No artificial hormones" and in an astericks at the very bottom it says "The FDA has confirmed that non-artificial hormones used on cows has very little impact on their milk." So you're not using "artificial hormones" but are using "non-artificial" ones.
True Anomaly
AG
Woods Ag said:

I don't know what that is and I don't follow the guy religiously.

I think there is truth to some of the stuff he says about grounding, about folic acid, methylated vitamins, etc. I'm a chew the meat spit the bones kind of person. I try to listen to as much as I can from as many as I can and I take what I think can work or what I can see works, and I leave the rest until a later time.

Here's the thing. We allow **** in our food that no other 1st world country does. Our medical and food community is actively pushing that a highly processed foods diet is good for us. Last I heard is they said up to a 92% highly processed foods diet is good. Look at the ingredients on any of your food and tell me what any of that is. Actually look into what some of those things are and tell me why it's in your food.

If you get out of the middle isles of your grocery store and just stick with meat, veggies, and rice that hasn't been bleached or "enriched" you're doing pretty good, but then you start looking into all of the hormones and antibiotics that pump into our animals and that **** ain't good for you either.

Read your milk carton from the store. We get ours from a dairy farm now because mine said "No artificial hormones" and in an astericks at the very bottom it says "The FDA has confirmed that non-artificial hormones used on cows has very little impact on their milk." So you're not using "artificial hormones" but are using "non-artificial" ones.
I agree that a basic diet of meat/veggies/rice is pretty healthy, provided certain checkboxes are in place (calories, protein, vitamins/minerals)

But brother, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on the rest of it. Simply saying "all the hormones and antibiotics being pumped in ain't good for you" is not helpful to most people. What specific antibiotic? What specific hormone? Is the specific compound that is being claimed to be 'unhealthy" actually present in the specific food in an amount that causes harm that is clearly demonstrated in real-world human trials? Or is it just a proposed mechanism that doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny by others?

If you think Gary Brecka has some truth to some of these claims….then what? Is there verification of it, with an actual real-world human study that says exactly what the claim is?

Anyone making incredible claims that challenge traditional wisdom in medicine or health or fitness should WANT their claims to be tested by those who are true third parties.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary outcomes. Otherwise it's just bull**** to help them profit off of your fears of the greater traditional medical/health/fitness community
Woods Ag
AG
Kids are hitting puberty at earlier and earlier ages. Obesity is completely out of control to the point where the medical community is making it a genetic disorder and recommending a 1x weekly shot for the rest of your life to treat it. Completely disassociating obesity from the food choices and amounts we take. Men's test levels are been declining for decades now. Is any of that alarming to you?

Is it true that humans are becoming more and more resistant to antibiotics? Is that alarming to you? I know I've heard from my kids doctor a number of times that they are trying to limit how many antibiotics they prescribe for that very reason and because it destroys your natural immune system for a minute.

That concerns me quite a bit. It concerns me that our food pyramid that we grew up on is complete and total bull***** That they told us to limit the fat we eat and to eat a diet high in carbohydrates. That we demonized fat for decades while sugar was good to go and when you actually test it, it's sugar that is the main culprit that is driving your blood pressure higher. It's sugar that is causing heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. It's wheat in **** wheat has no business being in that is delaying your satiation and keeps you coming back for another bite.

Go look it up. Do your own research. Listen to any number of people that are discussing this and have been discussing it for 5-10 years on podcasts all over the place.
O.G.
This guy explains it far better than I can:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4mCXtp4ylKsOX5fHx6Qzd9?si=426a149bb3da4c5b

I have a family member and several friends that are in Pharma sales, he is spot on accurate about that part. No question.
2girlsdad
Hah, I posted that same link in this thread!

I don't know if everything he says is true in terms of peptides, etc, but his explanation on how pharmaceuticals work since that is his background is startling.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.