Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bryce Gone

44,886 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Faustus
agchugger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's officially in the portal now. We can stop speculating. Sounds like he still wants to play football somewhere else.
fav13andac1)c
AG
It's weird that being cut from the football team is what woke him up. That OR he's looking for somewhere that will let him play two sports, which isn't likely.
Charlie 31
AG
NoahAg said:

LOL at "culture change." Elko is doing the same thing as every previous new Aggie HC since I've been alive. We'll see how much "culture" matters the first time he goes 7-5 and y'all start calling for his head.

I am tired of hearing the talk of "culture change" every time we hire a new football coach. This has happened for decades in Aggieland.

I want to see the change if it does exist, without all of the chatter talking about "change," through quality football players who represent Texas A&M well on and off the gridiron and a Fightin' Texas Aggie Football Team that wins games through hard work, determination, teamwork, and commitment to the program.
Rg23
I mean Achane is the only one to do it well recently. It just doesn't work well in today's game. Especially when you're mediocre at both sports.
Ag_0112358132134
agchugger said:

He's officially in the portal now. We can stop speculating. Sounds like he still wants to play football somewhere else.

I find this interesting. If he wants to focus on track over football, there is no reason for him to leave A&M's top ranked track program. If he wanted to play football, all he had to do was focus on football and participate in team practices and activities.

This tells me that he thinks he's entitled to devote most of his time to track and underperform in football, but still take up a football scholarship so he can keep getting free college and also keep football in his back pocket as a career option.

I do not wish him success at his next stop if it's at any major football program we compete with, and I'm glad Elko cut him.
AG
That's pretty petty.

That says a lot more about you than it does Bryce.

We are talking about a kid here. Well, a young man at the very least. At my age, he's a kid still.

He doesn't owe you or anybody else anything. If he likes track better than football, so what? That's allowed.

He is by all accounts a good kid from a good family. An Aggie family, by the way.

FTAG 2000
AG
NoahAg said:

LOL at "culture change." Elko is doing the same thing as every previous new Aggie HC since I've been alive. We'll see how much "culture" matters the first time he goes 7-5 and y'all start calling for his head.

As for Bryce, he didn't perform as we expected but there's no reason to pile on. He's just doing what the previous staff promised he could do: play 2 sports. We have a history of very successful 2-sport athletes, and it would be a mistake to force them to choose one or the other.

Randy Matson
Dave Elmendorf
Curtis Dickey
Greg Porter
Achane

To name a few.

Key word successful.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Rg23 said:

I mean Achane is the only one to do it well recently. It just doesn't work well in today's game. Especially when you're mediocre at both sports.

Achane did well doing both track and field, but in 2022 when he became the premier back, it was very obvious, in the first couple of games, that he was not quite in game shape.
StinkyPinky
AG
Ag_0112358132134 said:

agchugger said:

I find this interesting. If he wants to focus on track over football, there is no reason for him to leave A&M's top ranked track program. If he wanted to play football, all he had to do was focus on football and participate in team practices and activities.

This tells me that he thinks he's entitled to devote most of his time to track and underperform in football, but still take up a football scholarship so he can keep getting free college and also keep football in his back pocket as a career option.

I do not wish him success at his next stop if it's at any major football program we compete with, and I'm glad Elko cut him.
A lot of assumptions and biased speculation just to dump on someone. I'm sure there is a hell of a lot more to it that you aren't privy too that shaped the situation. Such a dumb take.
Slicer97
AG
4 said:

That's pretty petty.

We are talking about a kid here. Well, a young man at the very least. At my age, he's a kid still.

He doesn't owe you or anybody else anything. If he likes track better than football, so what? That's allowed.

He is by all accounts a good kid from a good family. An Aggie family, by the way.

I think the issue most folks have is that if football is giving you a full ride, then football needs to be the priority. Be at every football practice and work in track during your spare time. Particularly if you're a signal caller and a brand new offense is being installed.

I have no ill will towards the guy, but you shouldn't be getting a full ride to play a sport if you're not going to give your full commitment to that sport.
AG
I agree with that.
Unemployed
AG
rangerdanger
AG
Unemployed said:

Take it Bryce wasn't fully on board with choosing between two sports…
Capstone
AG
Guess the two sport opportunities might still be on the table at either Oregon or Oklahoma. I believe those were two of his finalists the first time around and they both said two sports were fine.

Both those schools have new head coaches since his recruitment, so that also might have changed.
Unemployed
AG
Good financial decision to transfer. Get put on scholarship to play football elsewhere and maybe get an NIL deal as well.
PerdidoKey2030
AG
and if Oregon, a place with better facilities than what he is leaving.
GigEm81
AG
Portal cuts both ways.

Best of luck to Bryce!
12Power
Wishing Bryce all the best on his road to fulfill his dreams. He is a good young man.
Aggie Class of 2026
You realize when a new coaching staff takes over there is typically a lot of turn over, right? Whoever recruited him is long gone and whatever they discussed when he was still in the recruiting process left like a fart in the wind.

It's my guess, but I'm thinking he wants to still do both track and football. It's been all but clear that Elko and his staff don't want to deal with 2 sport athletes and that's fine.

This is a lesson in life for Bryce. He hasn't done anything wrong but these things happen
Bill Superman
AG
Unemployed said:

Funny how he was never listed as a 5* when he committed to us by any of the services, but now that he's in the portal he's suddenly a previous 5* talent.
Bill Superman
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

You realize when a new coaching staff takes over there is typically a lot of turn over, right? Whoever recruited him is long gone and whatever they discussed when he was still in the recruiting process left like a fart in the wind.

It's my guess, but I'm thinking he wants to still do both track and football. It's been all but clear that Elko and his staff don't want to deal with 2 sport athletes and that's fine.

This is a lesson in life for Bryce. He hasn't done anything wrong but these things happen
Where did you get that about Elko? I'm sure there can be 2 sport athletes, they just have to be involved with the team and not only show up on game day.
BCEDAg
AG
Capstone said:

Guess the two sport opportunities might still be on the table at either Oregon or Oklahoma. I believe those were two of his finalists the first time around and they both said two sports were fine.

Both those schools have new head coaches since his recruitment, so that also might have changed.

Thought he wasn't able to transfer to another SEC school (OU) unless he's a grad student. I know tu and ou aren't officially in the SEC until 7/1 but thought I read where transfers within the conference would not be allowed anyway.
Agvet12
AG
lol kid has sucked
eAGer
AG
Unemployed said:

Where's the post that talks about how good he is/was at shot put?
eAGer
AG
4 said:

That's pretty petty.

Not petty, spot on. Take up a football scholarship to focus on T&F? WE pay for that in one way or another. I wouldn't let my kid do that. Get TFO.
W
AG
the coaching staff will put up with or accept a 2-sport player...who is a great football player

but they're not going to put up with that from an average to below average player
FTAG 2000
AG
W said:

the coaching staff will put up with or accept a 2-sport player...who is a great football player

but they're not going to put up with that from an average to below average player

Especially one in a critical position for the offense who was a penalty machine last year.
StinkyPinky
AG
Capstone said:

I definitely can see where Oregon would be receptive being a big track school. I would suspect they would view football as not disruptive to track, and probably view as helpful being in both types of shape a d use broad more range of muscles and mobility.
Sterling82
It amazes me how critical some fans are. We're talking a highly ranked prospect that started and played well in the SEC as a true freshman…at a difficult position no less. Then struggled through injuries, mono and poor coaching to have a couple of poor years. Conclusion? He sucks!

If he goes somewhere else and flourishes (without spring football) and we end up needing a center it's all on Elko. His comments before spring training indicate to me it was a fait accompli, probably for messaging purposes which is a D move for a player in his final year. Elko should quit talking about what other Aggie programs are accomplishing if this reflects his real attitude toward them.
Blaser270
Bill Superman said:

Unemployed said:

Funny how he was never listed as a 5* when he committed to us by any of the services, but now that he's in the portal he's suddenly a previous 5* talent.
He was a 5 star on Rivals. Everyone else had him as a 4 star... And yes it gets old that the media plays the childish games that they do. Anything to try and make A&M look bad. Been that way as long as I can remember, and it'll stay that way.
Kraft Punk
I'm glad we cut dead weight... I continue to be impressed the way Elko handles this program

It's been obvious Bryce was loafing the past 2 years

Maybe he'll work harder at his next stop
YouBet
AG
Excellent development. Center has been a liability for this team. Not even debatable.
YouBet
AG
Sterling82 said:

It amazes me how critical some fans are. We're talking a highly ranked prospect that started and played well in the SEC as a true freshman…at a difficult position no less. Then struggled through injuries, mono and poor coaching to have a couple of poor years. Conclusion? He sucks!

If he goes somewhere else and flourishes (without spring football) and we end up needing a center it's all on Elko. His comments before spring training indicate to me it was a fait accompli, probably for messaging purposes which is a D move for a player in his final year. Elko should quit talking about what other Aggie programs are accomplishing if this reflects his real attitude toward them.

This is all illogical. Being a highly ranked prospect is irrelevant once you get here. You wouldn't keep an employee around just because they had a great resume when they weren't performing on the job.

You are also ignoring all of the other facts around this situation with his lack of commitment and publicly acknowledging it through words and action. Why would you waste a spot on a kid that you know is not committed and won't play anyway. We have needs elsewhere.
Sterling82
YouBet said:

Sterling82 said:

This is all illogical. Being a highly ranked prospect is irrelevant once you get here. You wouldn't keep an employee around just because they had a great resume when they weren't performing on the job.

You are also ignoring all of the other facts around this situation with his lack of commitment and publicly acknowledging it through words and action. Why would you waste a spot on a kid that you know is not committed and won't play anyway. We have needs elsewhere.

How many O-linemen do we have that started and played well as a true freshman? That is a testament to his ability. And it's not a lack of commitment to try to excel at two sports…that is commitment. Now, it's possible that he doesn't pull it off but his pursuit of those personal goals are for him to decide and if it doesn't work he sits on the bench with 50 other guys. So what!

If Elko had a problem with it perhaps he should have said so at the outset. But he didn't. Instead he groused about it publicly then used Foster as a publicity stunt to send a message after spring ball was over. It happens…Jimmy Johnson was a master at it. But it doesn't make it right.

Provide quotes of Foster saying he wasn't committed. I've heard nothing of the sort.
Agvet12
AG
Sterling82 said:

YouBet said:

Sterling82 said:

How many O-linemen do we have that started and played well as a true freshman? That is a testament to his ability. And it's not a lack of commitment to try to excel at two sports…that is commitment. Now, it's possible that he doesn't pull it off but his pursuit of those personal goals are for him to decide and if it doesn't work he sits on the bench with 50 other guys. So what!

If Elko had a problem with it perhaps he should have said so at the outset. But he didn't. Instead he groused about it publicly then used Foster as a publicity stunt to send a message after spring ball was over. It happens…Jimmy Johnson was a master at it. But it doesn't make it right.

Provide quotes of Foster saying he wasn't committed. I've heard nothing of the sort.

Lol dude just wanted to play in the fall and do none of the work in the offseason to keep his spot. It's that simple, and he hasn't shown up to spring ball in 2 - 3 years now?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.