Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dr. Gates Breaks Cover

485,524 Views | 1627 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by roygbell
aggiealltheway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
come on, Dr. Gates, you have to get beyond rookie status before you leave. Keep posting!

and please, tell me hi, so I can tell my grandkids!
Ellis Wyatt
Dr. Gates, are you aware that there is a true American hero who posts on this site? His username is Man Named Don. I salute his service!

P.S. Good luck in Washington!
OA_02
AG
Dr. Gates -

I can't thank you enough for the great things you have done for this University and our country. You are the definition of what it means to be a Texas Aggie.
Gig 'Em and God Bless.

Josh '02

[This message has been edited by OA_02 (edited 12/7/2006 9:58p).]
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Dr. Gates,

You have lead with conviction and courage – thank you for making our great university even better. I wish you the best in Washington – Godspeed.

If you ever need a place to retreat, TexAgs and the Aggie community are here for you. We can provide plenty of encouragement and laughs.

Gig’em!

Brandon ‘95
TexAgs.com

[This message has been edited by WatchOle (edited 12/7/2006 10:12p).]
BosAG06
AG
I might put this on my resume..
AgJB
Dr. Gates,

I sincerely thank you for all of your hard work.

Thanks, Gig 'Em, and God bless.
Federale01
AG
WHo else is searching all of his old post.

They are hilarious in retrospect.
EMY92
AG
Brandon,

Give Dr. Gates an Ag tag or a Spirit tag and a star so he can post on Aggies Only!

We need posters of his caliber there!

Gig'em Dr. Gates!
AAM02
AG
Book of the Month ... Undaunted Courage.

Thanks and Gig'em!

It's obvious you've touched many lives. Please do come back (if not as President) and visit often. You'll always have a place at our table!
gigem06
AG
Yeah and all the people admitting being idiots for stuff they said to him!
AAM02
AG
p.s. I believe in the great man theory too!

[This message has been edited by aggiealphamale (edited 12/7/2006 10:03p).]
Tabasco
AG
Good thing you waited until after the confirmation to out yourself... I can see it now...

SENATOR KENNEDY: Dr. Gates, would you please explain your post on texags? Specifically, the one titled "Photoshop of Listeater."

Jock 07
AG

This blows aggiegrant06,listeater, and fishpond maintainer outta the water.
BioAg08
AG
Dr. Gates,

You exemplify the Aggie Spirit more than anyone I have ever seen. We were honored to have you in Aggieland while you were here, but we all understand that you must serve this great nation. You make everyone associated with Texas A&M University beam with pride!

You, Sir, will always be an Aggie. Thank you so much for what you have done for us, and God bless you and your family into your next journey.

Get ranger65 an AG tag!
Ag20??
AG
Gates made a photoshop of Listeater?

God I hate not having a star (for the search). If Gates starts posting on Aggies Only I'll start subscribing.
Hey Nav
AG
One of my daughters is an '07 and would appreciate it if your signature was on her diploma. I hope it happens.

God bless you and God bless America.
BT1395
AG
Unreal...

God bless you, sir..and please take care of our troops and their families.
BoerneGator
AG
This thread is destined to set a record, which will be a fitting TexAgs honor to Dr. Gates.

Dr. Gates, you have earned the eternal respect and admiration of Aggies for your dedicated service and leadership. You will be sorely missed, but much of the sting is salved in the knowledge you will be doing an even bigger service to the entire nation, and indeed the free world. Godspeed in your critical mission, and heartfelt thanks for your sacrifices here and yet to come.

Mark Riser ' 71
Tag77
Someday, somewhere, after getting fustrated trying to explain the Spirit of Aggieland, you sir, will finally tell your audience:

From the outside, you can't understand it, from the inside you can't explain it!

It is really not meant for everyone but for those the Spirit touches, it is as real as home.
AlphaBean
BarnacleScraper
AG
Dr. Gates

You sir should have your name and picture beside the definition of an Aggie.
PedroJack07
AG
quote:
Wake up and smell the coffee. A&M's trademark was protected only for college teams -- not the pros. We had a weak legal hand to play. This deal gives A&M a legal basis now to protect the 12th Man trademark in the pros because the Seahawks have recognized our claim and are going to pay us to license it. Not for a buck but for $100k plus enforcement costs each year. The administration made this deal, not Athletics. If you think they'll license the 12th Man to anyone else, you have not been paying attention. But we do now have a much stronger case for extending trademark protection to the pros as well as colleges. Moore took a weak case and built us a wall -- and got money for it besides.

Nice...

Thanks for being a bad ass and realizing what A&M can be and putting us in a position to reach that potential.
1876er
AG
quote:
Someday, somewhere, after getting fustrated trying to explain the Spirit of Aggieland, you sir, will finally tell your audience:

From the outside, you can't understand it, from the inside you can't explain it!

I believe he has said on multiple occasions that he doesn't like that saying...
Double O Ag
AG
Gig 'em Dr. Gates!
iceman08
AG
thank you for everything Dr. Gates, good luck with everything in DC and please come back when your done!!!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Good luck in DC Dr. Gates. Give 'em hell and Gig'em.

Double Talkin' Jive...
AB2
AG
Dr. Gates handed me my diploma; there is no higher honor than that.

Thank you for your service, sir!
AGro99
AgRyan04
Dr. Gates, I want to thank you for all that you have done for the school. We could not have asked for a better leader.

My children will hear good stories about that photo.

Thank you and Gig'em!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check out "Texas A&M & Baseball In No Particular Order"
at tamu-and-baseball.com
marginal_boy
As added evidence that this is the coolest thread on TexAgs, it has managed to move from me from my staunchly-held position that I would not venture into the sports boards ;-)

Dr. Gates rocks. I'd go fist-to-fist with the CiC to keep him, but I doubt that'd be kosher.
Keegan99
AG
quote:

As I recall from reading the article in Texas Monthly, he's not particularly fond of that saying.

From the article:

quote:
And you might consider whether a saying that Aggies have about that spirit—“From the outside, you can’t understand it; from the inside, you can’t explain it”—serves Texas A&M well or badly.

It so happens that Robert M. Gates, the president of Texas A&M University, has been thinking about these exact questions for the past four years. Don’t tell him that A&M can’t be explained. “I hate that phrase,” he says. “I don’t think it’s accurate. Texas A&M is a unique blending of academic excellence, tradition, and spirit. That is explainable.”
FTAggies
As the realization dawns on me that you'll be leaving and I see all those requests for your signature on their diplomas, it truly breaks my heart that you may not come back as our President and that someone else's signature will be on my diploma who's spot should be reserved for you,

Thank you Dr. Gates for everything
mmmvegas
AG
Thanks you Dr. Gates for your service to our University and our country. Gig' em.
SlimM
AG
Historic!
BullSprig07
AG
Dr. Gates,

I am so unbelievably proud that someone like you is representing my school in Washington. I was sad to hear you were leaving but duty calls, and there's not a better man for the job. You embody the Aggie Spirit like most of us only wish we could... you'll be missed. I would love for you to come back after your job is done but if not I'll just be thankful that we were blessed enough to have you while we did.

Gig'em

BigFinch07

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.