Rudyjax
11:24a, 12/12/20
In reply to PatAg
World class.
Rudyjax
11:08a, 12/13/20
TRM
8:06p, 12/15/20
https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4260305/usmnt-and-psv-midfielder-richard-ledezma-out-for-season-with-knee-injury
Legal Custodian
5:54p, 12/22/20
Dest with the assist today
Mathguy64
10:31a, 1/3/21
Steffan with his first EPL start against Chelsea.
Rudyjax
10:44a, 1/3/21
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

Steffan with his first EPL start against Chelsea.

And picks up a back pass in the first 10 minutes.

He's great but makes a ton of mental errors.
wangus12
10:48a, 1/3/21
In reply to Rudyjax
Look guys... said:

Last young player named Sanogo still haunts my dreams
Rudyjax
11:40a, 2/12/21
Rudyjax
8:26a, 2/22/21
https://theathletic.com/news/rangers-transfers-francis-jacobs-united-states/xIr3jiJTS0b3?source=dailyemail
EconAg18
9:41a, 2/22/21
jeffk
9:55a, 2/22/21
Interesting. If he does get sold to a big club for a hefty sum, I tend to see that as an indication that his injuries at Chelsea weren't as severe as the club made them out to be and instead the manager just didn't favor him.
Rudyjax
10:20a, 2/22/21
In reply to EconAg18
Really?

Do I really have to root for Bayern now?

Levandowski will be the best player he's ever played with.
EconAg18
10:21a, 2/22/21
In reply to Rudyjax
Why would you not want to cheer for the greatest club in the world? MIA SAN MIA!!!!
Rudyjax
10:22a, 2/22/21
In reply to EconAg18
EconAg18 said:

Why would you not want to cheer for the greatest club in the world? MIA SAN MIA!!!!
It'd be like rooting for the Yankees.
deadbq03
10:49a, 2/22/21
Man I really doubt it happens at that price.

Bayern have already inked Upamecano for roughly $47MM (42.5 Million Euro) - are they really going to spend ~$120MM total this summer? That'd be a high sum for them even in normal years (they've gone over that twice ever - and both times they sold players to push the net expenditure below $100MM), but I gotta think Covid finances make that even less likely.

Virtually all of their quality signings for the past decade are in the $30-50MM range... the only exception is Lucas Hernandez for $88MM who hasn't exactly lived up to that billing of being a quality signing yet. I think they'll be gunshy to spend that much again when they've got a long history of success without splurging for individual players.
EconAg18
10:57a, 2/22/21
In reply to Rudyjax
I only started watching because I took German in HS, and there was a "cultural" requirement to pass the class every six weeks. One of the things we could do is go to a watch party with the class on Saturday mornings, and our teacher loved Bayern so that's who we always ended up watching. The winning also helps
EconAg18
10:59a, 2/22/21
In reply to deadbq03
He's likely to be cheaper than Coman, who he would be replacing. Chelsea is also willing to let him go for essentially the same amount they paid for him. I think financially it makes sense for Bayern, and I think he'd thrive in Flick's system. I also think he'd shake his injury history because Bayern players always seem to get yoked and stay healthy.
deadbq03
11:10a, 2/22/21
In reply to EconAg18
EconAg18 said:

He's likely to be cheaper than Coman, who he would be replacing. Chelsea is also willing to let him go for essentially the same amount they paid for him. I think financially it makes sense for Bayern, and I think he'd thrive in Flick's system. I also think he'd shake his injury history because Bayern players always seem to get yoked and stay healthy.
Ahh that makes more sense... I didn't realize he has 2 years left on his deal. I was thrown a bit by the "move on" comment in the tweet - made it sound like he was leaving on a free like Alaba is.

Still... I could see them pocketing the money and finding quality for half the price.
Legal Custodian
1:48p, 2/22/21
In reply to EconAg18
EconAg18 said:

I don't know what you've been watching this year but the injury bug has hit us big time.

And good to see another Bayern fan on the board! Are you involved with any of the fan clubs in Texas?
Rudyjax
2:01p, 2/22/21
It'd be really awesome because as much as I hate them, they're really fun to watch.
EconAg18
2:22p, 2/22/21
In reply to Legal Custodian
Well, over time we've been fine with avoiding injuries, this year is just an anomaly with Kimmich and Davies (I guess Sle was hurt in years past)

Sadly no, currently in Atlanta, but I'm hoping to move back to Texas soon! Joining a Bayern club is on my list of things I need to do once I get back to Texas
Legal Custodian
2:29p, 2/22/21
In reply to EconAg18
EconAg18 said:

Well, over time we've been fine with avoiding injuries, this year is just an anomaly with Kimmich and Davies (I guess Sle was hurt in years past)

Sadly no, currently in Atlanta, but I'm hoping to move back to Texas soon! Joining a Bayern club is on my list of things I need to do once I get back to Texas
If you end up moving to the Fort Worth area, my BIL is the chapter president. We meet for dang near every match at a bar called Upper90. Cool little bar that's also the homespot for the Tottenham fan club.
EconAg18
2:29p, 2/22/21
DFW is definitely my preferred landing spot! I'll have to write this down and keep it in mind!
Legal Custodian
3:55p, 2/22/21
McKennie with the goal for Juventus
Legal Custodian
4:03p, 2/24/21
Darryl Dike with the goal for Barnsley today. 20yr old American ST on loan from Orlando City.
ChipFTAC01
9:16a, 2/26/21
https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/02/25/reyna-haaland-manchester-city-transfer-news-usmnt/

Gio and Haaland to City?
Rudyjax
9:34a, 2/26/21
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/02/25/reyna-haaland-manchester-city-transfer-news-usmnt/

Gio and Haaland to City?

akm91
9:50a, 2/26/21
In reply to ChipFTAC01
As appealing as Gio playing for Pep, City midfield is pretty congested right now and I'd have a hard time imagining Gio getting significant minutes.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
jeffk
10:07a, 2/26/21
puke emoji
Legal Custodian
10:21a, 2/26/21
I'm not a fan of that move with the world class midfield they already have (like akm91 said). But if it does come to fruition, he'll start for Dortmund on loan next season when he's 19. Go to City when he's 20 and sit on the bench for a year. Then he'll be 21 as a CAM on a top 5 club in the world, learning behind De Bruyne who will then be an aging 32 years old.

At that point in time they'll know if he's the heir apparent or they'll sell him to another big club in europe. Either way, he'll most likely be a starting CAM as a 22 year old (with Man City or somewhere else) with 2-3 years of development with one of the best coaches at one of the best training grounds in the world. Not a terrible developmental plan.

And that's only if he doesn't turn into the type of world class player we hope he is and force himself into the lineup earlier.
akm91
10:49a, 2/26/21
Quote:

But if it does come to fruition, he'll start for Dortmund on loan next season when he's 19
It'll be interesting to see how much of Reyna's current form is due to the lame duck coach or to him hitting the proverbial wall. Looks like either way, Reyna will be at Dortmund next year with Rose as his coach.
akm91
3:11p, 2/26/21
Sargent scores today! Good movement in the box to get himself free.

Sargent's Goal vs. Frankfurt
Rudyjax
3:14p, 2/26/21
In reply to akm91
akm91 said:

Sargent scores today! Good movement in the box to get himself free.

Sargent's Goal vs. Frankfurt

Rudyjax
3:21p, 2/26/21
Stupid work. I meant to watch today and got too busy and forgot.

Stupid work getting in the way of soccer.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 14 of 21
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings