***Young Americans Soccer thread***
82,461 Views | 730 Replies
Rudyjax
9:12p, 7/1/22
Start of the 2nd half they're going Concacaf.
Rudyjax
9:52p, 7/1/22
And there's the red card ( shockingly)

Bottles flying on the field. Concacaf gonna Concacaf.
oragator
9:52p, 7/1/22
Yeah, it had to go full concacaf at some point.
oragator
9:55p, 7/1/22
Haha, no stoppage time, the ref wants to get out before he gets hit by a bottle.
Rudyjax
9:56p, 7/1/22
Referee did a smart thing. Ended the game at 90:00. It was only going to get ugly on extra ti.

Dominant performance and we're plYing in the Olympics!!!
jeffk
10:10p, 7/1/22
Olympics is huge for our youth teams. First time since 2008.
Rudyjax
10:32p, 7/1/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Olympics is huge for our youth teams. First time since 2008.

This is the amazing part…

Now the odds of most getting released are slim to none, but we really have some young talent.
Rudyjax
6:44a, 7/2/22
AustinScubaAg
9:33a, 7/3/22
Anyone know why there was a wierd format for the group stage with the low ranked teams playing their group stage last year? Not that the final maters much bit seems like the dominicab republic was able to take advantage of having to play fewer games
PatAg
7:24p, 7/3/22
Inch perfect cross
boogieman
7:47p, 7/3/22
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Inch perfect cross

That was freakin beautiful.
PatAg
8:09p, 7/3/22
Luna is so good.
So many great players, great passing, great off ball movement on this team
boogieman
8:15p, 7/3/22
This young team is soo fun to watch.
So much confidence.
PatAg
8:24p, 7/3/22
You can't just stop trying to score, but you also don't want to embarrass the other team at this point.
I always thought as long as you don't overly celebrate the goals, and aren't trying to go for nutmegs and embarrass individual players, its all good
I never was on the receiving end of a blowout though, so maybe I'm wrong
PatAg
8:30p, 7/3/22
Edu is kind of being a jag off
Rudyjax
8:31p, 7/3/22
This team has been dominate. I can't remember a more dominate team representing the red white and blue.
wangus12
8:54p, 7/3/22
+29 GD across 7 games is good right
Rudyjax
9:12p, 7/3/22
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Edu is kind of being a jag off

He really is.
jeffk
9:14p, 7/3/22
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

+29 GD across 7 games is good right

Seems good.
PatAg
9:35p, 7/3/22
The semi final and final are worth going abck and watching, if you didn't catch it live.
Or at least any highlights that come out
oragator
11:46p, 7/3/22
I mean yeah, it was Honduras and DR, but we really do have some good young talent. A solid few years coming up hopefully for the MNT between this group and the guys already there.
PatAg
12:04a, 7/4/22
In reply to oragator
oragator said:

I mean yeah, it was Honduras and DR, but we really do have some good young talent. A solid few years coming up hopefully for the MNT between this group and the guys already there.
We've not played how we did against concacaf teams MANY times
Aston94
8:42a, 7/4/22
In reply to oragator
oragator said:

It was Honduras…in Honduras…with a stadium full of supporters. That win was damn impressive for any U20 team.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how Mexico lost to a team that lost to the DR team. DR was wayyy overmatched today. That team being in the final speaks to the flaws in the qualification system CONCACAF had for this tournament. I do not understand teams getting a bye to the final 16. Makes zero sense.
jeffk
8:48a, 7/4/22
Mexico NT might be in decline. I'm sure they'll have some talented players that step up over the next decade, but this was the worst u20 team I've seen from them in quite a while. Coupled with a lackluster senior team and an always chaotic coaching situation and they remind me of the US of old.
Rudyjax
2:32p, 7/4/22
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

oragator said:

It was Honduras…in Honduras…with a stadium full of supporters. That win was damn impressive for any U20 team.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how Mexico lost to a team that lost to the DR team. DR was wayyy overmatched today. That team being in the final speaks to the flaws in the qualification system CONCACAF had for this tournament. I do not understand teams getting a bye to the final 16. Makes zero sense.

Some really bad luck against DR and some of the worst penalty kicks I've ever seen.
Rudyjax
8:25p, 11/16/22

Pretty cool. My son played against him and my daughter with his sister.

I've been watching his games on YouTube for years.

Tarik Scott too.

https://www.fcdallas.com/news/fc-dallas-academy-siblings-nolan-and-nylah-norris-earn-u-s-youth-national-team-c

Rudyjax
9:58a, 12/11/22
Tanner Tessman with a nice goal for Venezia today.

And player of the match by FotMob.
KCup17
1:11p, 12/11/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Came here to post this but have seen that you already have. Hoping he can push into the team moving forward.
Rudyjax
1:12p, 12/11/22
Rudyjax
1:13p, 12/11/22
In reply to KCup17
KCup17 said:

Came here to post this but have seen that you already have. Hoping he can push into the team moving forward.

He's been struggling and glad to see him play and play well.
Rudyjax
2:15p, 12/11/22
TRM
4:26p, 12/12/22
Rudyjax
3:54p, 12/22/22
Does a 13 year old count as a young American? LOL

Rudyjax
11:15p, 2/3/23
Rudyjax
11:49a, 2/11/23
CLOSE