Thunder18
11:22a, 9/4/22
Why does G Jesus always look like he's about to cry
jeffk
11:41a, 9/4/22
Oopsy.

Forum Troll
11:54a, 9/4/22
These Arsenal black and gold kits are pretty sweet.
Dre_00
2:09p, 9/4/22
Question...

I'm watching United/Arsenal and United's 3rd goal made me wonder. If Ben White had kicked out and violently struck Rashford after the ball had crossed the line for a goal but while Rashford was still in the penalty area, would the goal count and then a penalty/red card occur immediately thereafter?

Pretty sure that a player can commit a red card offense in the box but the ref can play advantage thereby negating the penalty (but not the red) if the other team scores. But not sure what happens if it happens after the goal has been scored.

Not saying any of this should have happened to Mr. White. Just curious if this could even happen.
Mathguy64
8:22p, 9/4/22
In reply to Dre_00
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: it better be a really bad foul with obvious intent because you are going to have a pissed off team when you pull a card after they just got scored on.

ETA. Once the ball crosses the line you aren't issuing a PK. Once it's out of play if it's that bad it's just a red for Violent Conduct (ball out of play that's pretty much all you can do) and it doesn't change the restart. Same as a punch in the area while waiting for a corner. The ball is out of play and you issue the card but you don't change the restart.

If the foul occurs before it goes in you play a silent advantage and see if it goes in or not. If it's in you don't give a PK. Just card as needed. If it doesn't go in whistle and point at the spot.
BenderRodriguez
8:01a, 9/6/22
CL is back!
Furlock Bones
9:54a, 9/6/22
In reply to BenderRodriguez
BenderRodriguez said:

CL is back!

31 teams compete for a second place medal.

KCup17
12:11p, 9/6/22
Auba in a Chelsea jersey looks all kinds of wrong.
Dre_00
12:43p, 9/6/22
That Chelsea jersey looks all kinds of wrong.
Jim01
1:20p, 9/6/22
In reply to Dre_00
Everything about Chelsea looks wrong today. ZIyech pushing too much and making bad passes and strikes. Chilwell comes off when he is one of the only ones creating. Koulibaly continues to make hot headed and stupid plays on defense.

In comes Pulisic. Save the day Cap!!!!
carl spacklers hat
1:47p, 9/6/22
I hope Chelsea goes 0-6. Tuchel is a clown.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Forum Troll
2:07p, 9/6/22
What a pass by Neymar.
KCup17
2:25p, 9/6/22
Juventus really playing like Old Ladies today
ptothemo
4:13a, 9/7/22
ChipFTAC01
4:23a, 9/7/22
Holy ****
Rudyjax
6:27a, 9/7/22
I knew it was coming but didn't think it would happen this fast.
Dre_00
6:50a, 9/7/22
So let me get this straight...

Chelsea spent time and money pushing through the PEA signing on deadline in part because of his relationship with Tuchel. And then they decided to fire Tuchel one game later.

As a United fan, I'd like to welcome Chelsea supporters to "What the actual **** are the decision makers doing?" fan club.
Jim01
7:01a, 9/7/22
In reply to Dre_00
Yeah this is surprising. We look like poop this year but homeboy is 2/2 on top 4 finish's and won the frickin champions league in his first year. I figured he had more rope than this.
Furlock Bones
7:04a, 9/7/22
In reply to Jim01
Jim01 said:

Yeah this is surprising. We look like poop this year but homeboy is 2/2 on top 4 finish's and won the frickin champions league in his first year. I figured he had more rope than this.

Mediocre manager who got a lucky covid champions league run.
Aggies1322
7:05a, 9/7/22
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

Jim01 said:

Mediocre manager who got a lucky covid champions league run.

Savage
jeffk
7:19a, 9/7/22
Sucks. This LFC supporter is sorry to see Tuchel go.
carl spacklers hat
7:55a, 9/7/22
In reply to ptothemo
ptothemo said:

Golf clap.

Hope for Pulisic's sake Chelsea hires someone who knows how to evaluate his roster.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Jim01
8:02a, 9/7/22
Savage indeed. Homeboy makes it to Champions League final, gets fired, wins Champions League with new club in first year, keyboard assassin labels him "lucky".
Teacher_Ag
8:28a, 9/7/22

OregonAggie
8:38a, 9/7/22
In reply to ptothemo
ptothemo said:

Glad to see some things never change hahahaha
KCup17
8:41a, 9/7/22
Didn't Auba leave for Arsenal while TT was manager at Dortmund? If I recall correctly that whole situation was dramatic.
Furlock Bones
8:46a, 9/7/22
In reply to Jim01
Jim01 said:

Savage indeed. Homeboy makes it to Champions League final, gets fired, wins Champions League with new club in first year, keyboard assassin labels him "lucky".

He took psg to the final. Come on. That ain't Jose winning it with Porto. But more related to his actual managerial abilities he was criticized for not being able to use Mbappe and Neymar properly. The criticisms aren't new.
jeffk
8:57a, 9/7/22
Yeah, looking at team net spend is pretty helpful in determining who's doing an "amazing" coaching job.
akm91
9:20a, 9/7/22
Quote:

But more related to his actual managerial abilities he was criticized for not being able to use Mbappe and Neymar properly
Think it's more indictment on how Neymar and Mbappe is able to run the club and less about the manager's abilities. Neither Emery nor Pochettino could do any thing with that PSG group either.
KCup17
9:26a, 9/7/22
Something else to consider is the average length of coaching tenure. And Tuchel has lasted roughly 3 yrs in each of his last 3 tenures. I think that is more indicative of his coaching abilities than anything else.
DeangeloVickers
9:26a, 9/7/22
AG@RICE
9:36a, 9/7/22
In reply to akm91
akm91 said:

Quote:

But more related to his actual managerial abilities he was criticized for not being able to use Mbappe and Neymar properly
Think it's more indictment on how Neymar and Mbappe is able to run the club and less about the manager's abilities. Neither Emery nor Pochettino could do any thing with that PSG group either.
No team is going to be effective *in real competition* with a bunch of one-way divas. You can only have one of those on the field at a time and be successful, PSG has like 5.

I think TT actually did a very impressive job at PSG. Poch and Emery performed worse with similar teams. I also think he has done pretty damn good work at Chelsea. As a Liverpool supporter, I love this move. It screws Brighton and Chelsea.

* - Ligue 1 isn't real competition.
Rudyjax
10:05a, 9/7/22
I think TT is great for a short amount of time, then his personality and tactics wear on players and they tune him out.

Expect Chelsea to get a players manager.
carl spacklers hat
10:15a, 9/7/22
In reply to akm91
akm91 said:

Quote:

You don't have to look very far back to find the same type of criticisms regarding his use of Chelsea players.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 18 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings