General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,307 Views | 2557 Replies
YNWA.2013
10:27a, 9/7/22
Nice to see the revolving door of managers policy is still intact at Chelsea despite a change in ownership.

That being said, I didn't think they would let him go this early either but I think it was clear he had lost the dressing room. Continually throwing the players under the bus for "lack of hunger", "lack of determination" or whatever words he used to the media. The man never took responsibility and continually blamed the players. He got outcoached against Leeds, but it was largely the players' fault according to him. I just think the players stopped responding to him.

Rumours are circling around Graham Potter, Zidane, Pochettino with Potter being the frontrunner. I like Potter and think he has done an amazing job at Brighton. I hope he doesn't have a Moyes-to-United situation on his hands.

Mourinho Part 3?! Rafa Benitez Part 2?!
-FTA c/o 2013
ThunderCougarFalconBird
10:53a, 9/7/22
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

As a United fan, I'd like to welcome Chelsea supporters to "What the actual **** are the decision makers doing?" fan club.
Everton supporter (hopefully up until this transfer window that just closed) over the last couple years: Hold my beer.
Aston94
11:16a, 9/7/22
In reply to YNWA.2013
YNWA.2013 said:

Nice to see the revolving door of managers policy is still intact at Chelsea despite a change in ownership.

That being said, I didn't think they would let him go this early either but I think it was clear he had lost the dressing room. Continually throwing the players under the bus for "lack of hunger", "lack of determination" or whatever words he used to the media. The man never took responsibility and continually blamed the players. He got outcoached against Leeds, but it was largely the players' fault according to him. I just think the players stopped responding to him.

Rumours are circling around Graham Potter, Zidane, Pochettino with Potter being the frontrunner. I like Potter and think he has done an amazing job at Brighton. I hope he doesn't have a Moyes-to-United situation on his hands.

Mourinho Part 3?! Rafa Benitez Part 2?!
Potter would be an interesting hire. Always curious how good manager at small club does when becoming a manager at a big club. The manner in which they have to deal with egos changes dramatically.

I am no Chelsea fan, but if I were I would be happy today. The frustrating part would be that you spent the summer buying players Tuchel wanted, and now he is gone, and you are left with his collection of misfit toys.

But it is probably best to get rid of Tuchel now, as it was clear he was not going to be there much longer given the players seeming to have completely turned him off.
Furlock Bones
2:51p, 9/7/22
Hi guys. I'm just your friendly neighborhood soccer fan. Can someone let me know what the score is for the ol chaps from Liverpool?
Jim01
2:53p, 9/7/22
In reply to Furlock Bones
Napoli - 3
Liverpool - 0
Halftime
Texaggie7nine
2:54p, 9/7/22
These non City teams sure are making the EPL look bad in the CL.
7nine
Furlock Bones
2:56p, 9/7/22
In reply to Texaggie7nine
Texaggie7nine said:

Can't blame United this time.
Rudyjax
3:12p, 9/7/22
In reply to Jim01
Jim01 said:

Napoli - 3
Liverpool - 0
Halftime
Just waiting for a 4 nil comeback.
Thunder18
3:12p, 9/7/22
These first round CL group games are WILD
Dre_00
3:17p, 9/7/22
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Can't blame United this time.

Chelsea losing to Southampton, Leeds and Dinamo Zagreb before firing their manager less than a week after the transfer season closed. Liverpool only winning 2 games so far this season (one of them in the 98th minute).

United was bottom of the table after 2 games with a -5 GD having not scored a single goal of their own and yet here we are...comfortably mid-table in the EPL Chaos Standings. Who woulda thunk it?
Texaggie7nine
3:42p, 9/7/22
At least the Turds are representing well.
7nine
jeffk
12:47p, 9/8/22
I wouldn't be surprised if this weekend's games get postponed due to the Queen's death.
moneyag7
12:54p, 9/8/22
In reply to jeffk
Do we think this weekend's or next weekend's are more likely to be cancelled? Her funeral should be held next Sunday according to Operation London Bridge
Rudyjax
1:09p, 9/8/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this weekend's games get postponed due to the Queen's death.
I forgot what board were were on and thought you were talking about the A&M game and trolling.

Pretty unprecedented, no one alive remembers the last time something like this happened.

Wouldn't shock me.

jeffk
1:14p, 9/8/22
In reply to moneyag7
moneyag7 said:

Do we think this weekend's or next weekend's are more likely to be cancelled? Her funeral should be held next Sunday according to Operation London Bridge

I've seen a couple pundits say it could be two whole matchweeks could be postponed.
Rudyjax
1:17p, 9/8/22
Would definitely help Chelsea out.
Mathguy64
1:17p, 9/8/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

moneyag7 said:

I've seen a couple pundits say it could be two whole matchweeks could be postponed.
If they postpone this weekend it makes it hard to argue they should play T/WTH in England for CL or EL.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
1:23p, 9/8/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

moneyag7 said:

Everton will have Jordan Pickford back by then.
JJxvi
1:32p, 9/8/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

moneyag7 said:

Good thing there's no big event or conflict that would stop them from just cramming in more matches this winter...
Aston94
1:36p, 9/8/22
Man, canceling two weekends of matches would be very hard on the schedule makers. Yikes.
Texaggie7nine
1:46p, 9/8/22
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

Man, canceling two weekends of matches would be very hard on the schedule makers. Yikes.
I feel bad for out of country people that paid for trips and tickets to go to England to watch their teams.
7nine
BenderRodriguez
1:54p, 9/8/22
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

Sure am glad I haven't spent my triple captain or bench boost in FPL yet.

Double/triple gameweeks, here we come.....
Rudyjax
1:58p, 9/8/22
Texaggie7nine said:

Aston94 said:

I feel bad for out of country people that paid for trips and tickets to go to England to watch their teams.
Almost everyone of my friends has had the EPL schedule change on them when planning a trip.
ChipFTAC01
1:59p, 9/8/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Ken Scarborough said:

jeffk said:

I forgot what board were were on and thought you were talking about the A&M game and trolling.

Pretty unprecedented, no one alive remembers the last time something like this happened.

Wouldn't shock me.

Um, lots of people were alive the last time this happened. It was 70 years ago, not 100
Texaggie7nine
2:03p, 9/8/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Ken Scarborough said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Aston94 said:

Almost everyone of my friends has had the EPL schedule change on them when planning a trip.
Had that happen to me as well, but the EPL game that was postponed was replaced by a Carabao cup semifinal at Wembley that we got to go to instead. Would suck if there were just no games to go to.
7nine
MAROON
2:10p, 9/8/22
Texaggie7nine said:

Aston94 said:

I've got tickets to Fulham v Chelsea this Saturday. Will/would be my first EPL match
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Rudyjax
2:11p, 9/8/22
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Ken Scarborough said:

jeffk said:

Wouldn't shock me.

Um, lots of people were alive the last time this happened. It was 70 years ago, not 100
Ok...very few. you would have to be at least 80.
Rudyjax
2:11p, 9/8/22
In reply to MAROON
MAROON said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Aston94 said:

I've got tickets to Fulham v Chelsea this Saturday. Will/would be my first EPL match
Good luck! I was excited for that match.
Are you already in London?
ChipFTAC01
2:19p, 9/8/22
I was curious and looked up what happened when George VI died. Rugby and hockey were canceled but they still played football.
wangus12
2:29p, 9/8/22
I'd bet they still play. At most this weekend gets postponed.
MAROON
2:31p, 9/8/22
In reply to Rudyjax
United Club at Bush, leaving in 2 hours
Rudyjax
2:51p, 9/8/22
In reply to MAROON
MAROON said:

Have fun.
gougler08
3:02p, 9/8/22
In reply to MAROON
MAROON said:

Not in Polaris lounge? Lol poor
MAROON
3:18p, 9/8/22
In reply to gougler08
Slumming it this trip
Rudyjax
3:25p, 9/8/22
I'd go to a National League match.
Then a League 2.
Then League 1.
Then Championship.
Then Premier.

And they'd all be in historic stadiums.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back