General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,280 Views | 2557 Replies
OregonAggie
5:00p, 10/20/22
Stevie G out at Villa.

If he's going to take Klopps place at some point, he better get another job!
Aston94
5:13p, 10/20/22
So which negative minded coach will Villa bring in to try and eek themselves out a 15th place finish?

Roy Hodgson is available. Sam Dyche? Steve Bruce?
Thunder18
5:15p, 10/20/22
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

So which negative minded coach will Villa bring in to try and eek themselves out a 15th place finish?

I think you meant Sean Allardyce
Aston94
5:25p, 10/20/22
In reply to Thunder18
Thunder18 said:

Aston94 said:

I think you meant Sean Allardyce
Right.
Dre_00
1:57a, 10/21/22
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

Stevie G out at Villa.

If he's going to take Klopps place at some point, he better get another job!

It appears the club issued a statement before the team got back on the bus to Birmingham. So Gerrard had to get on the bus, with his players, knowing that he had been sacked.

Awwwwwkwwaaaaaard

deadbq03
6:38a, 10/21/22
In reply to Dre_00
Yeah that's super awkward, but he didn't have to get on that bus if he really didn't want to. He's got plenty of money.

Getting on the bus speaks to his character and his relationship with his players.
OregonAggie
8:54a, 10/21/22
In reply to Dre_00
Damn that's about as awkward as Sherman getting fired over the phone in a recruit's driveway.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
2:22p, 10/21/22
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

Damn that's about as awkward as Sherman getting fired over the phone in a recruit's driveway.
Didn't a coach get fired in the end zone a couple weeks ago after a game?
Showstopper
9:04a, 10/22/22
Stevie G. to Liverpool:

"So, you know, I've got some free time on my hands and, uh, hey, I did beat Frank Lampard and at least I tied Forest…"
Teacher_Ag
9:11a, 10/22/22
American Liverpool "fans" jumping ship in 3, 2, 1...
Rudyjax
9:20a, 10/22/22
Maybe Steve for the USMNT after Ggg gets fired on the sideline against Iraq?

You know, at least he'll sound like he knows the game.
texagbeliever
9:24a, 10/22/22
Haaland is lucky not to get a yellow for simulation then gets to shove the BHA defender to the ground for an easy goal.
Rudyjax
9:30a, 10/22/22
In reply to texagbeliever
texagbeliever said:

Haaland is lucky not to get a yellow for simulation then gets to shove the BHA defender to the ground for an easy goal.

LeBron.
texagbeliever
9:41a, 10/22/22
Bernardo kicks out his leg to hit Dunk. City should have 3 simulation yellows. Instead they get a penalty. Such crap.
jeffk
9:44a, 10/22/22
texagbeliever said:

Haaland has received zero cards this season despite kicking a dude in the head and putting his foot through Alisson last weekend. The bet should be whether he can make it through the whole season without being carded.
jeffk
9:44a, 10/22/22
In reply to Teacher_Ag
Teacher_Ag said:

American Liverpool "fans" jumping ship in 3, 2, 1...

You recruiting for the Gunner bandwagon or what?
DeangeloVickers
9:45a, 10/22/22
texagbeliever said:

Bernardo kicks out his leg to hit Dunk. City should have 3 simulation yellows. Instead they get a penalty. Such crap.

Really awful penalty given.
Showstopper
9:48a, 10/22/22
In all seriousness, with Haaland it does feel like everyone else is playing for second, even if they are currently in second. Sky Blue Devils.
texagbeliever
9:49a, 10/22/22
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

texagbeliever said:

Really awful penalty given.
The fact that it came after a long VAR review to overturn the no call is the worst part. I understand if the ref calls it on the field and doesn't change his mind on Silva's kick out but to review it and want to change the call is a failure.
wangus12
9:55a, 10/22/22
Guess the FA has to make sure that City get points to keep the title race close lol. Also have to keep Haaland on the field so no cards. Otherwise he'd be at 5 already
agsalaska
9:56a, 10/22/22
Excellent thread idea and one I was hoping to find on this forum. Haven't been over here in a while.

Glad to see NF win.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Aggies1322
10:03a, 10/22/22
People hate greatness... Haaland is the greatest striker I've ever seen and he's just starting. He muscled past a guy and yall are looking for a foul. I'm ready for the prem to return to men playing like men. I guess yall like the weak diving BS.
texagbeliever
10:16a, 10/22/22
In reply to Aggies1322
Aggies1322 said:

People hate greatness... Haaland is the greatest striker I've ever seen and he's just starting. He muscled past a guy and yall are looking for a foul. I'm ready for the prem to return to men playing like men. I guess yall like the weak diving BS.
People hate when greatness is put on a pedestal and allowed a competitive advantage. Every forward not named Kane gets that called as a foul. Jozy probably would have gotten a yellow card. You can say that's how you want your soccer played but that is not how the EPL is currently refed.
Aggies1322
10:18a, 10/22/22
texagbeliever said:

Aggies1322 said:

People hate when greatness is put on a pedestal and allowed a competitive advantage. Every forward not named Kane gets that called as a foul. Jozy probably would have gotten a yellow card. You can say that's how you want your soccer played but that is not how the EPL is currently refed.

DCL did the same thing this morning.. just muscled past a guy. Scored. Beautiful football.
texagbeliever
10:22a, 10/22/22
In reply to Aggies1322
Haaland didn't muscle past him. Haaland sized up the defender then slammed into him. If the defender does the same thing then Haaland goes down and draws a red card. The offensive player has way too big of an advantage to get away with that contact.

I think everyone will admit that yellow on Pascal was weird. Not called a foul but then 15 seconds later ref changes his mind and gives a yellow and a foul. Right call, but called in a questionable fashion.
Aggies1322
10:31a, 10/22/22
Crystal Palace plays angry.. not in a good way either. Vieira needs to get them under control.

Showstopper
10:52a, 10/22/22
In reply to Aggies1322
Palace looks like world beaters during walkon but they played completely out of control.
texagbeliever
10:54a, 10/22/22
In reply to Showstopper
Palace, like Leeds, is one team you 100% want to play at the end of a tight fixture schedule. They play frantic which leads to them being gassed.
Showstopper
11:09a, 10/22/22
Remember how United swooped in and signed Ronaldo out from under City? Talk about a blessing in disguise…
DeangeloVickers
11:25a, 10/22/22
Teacher_Ag
12:00p, 10/22/22
Soccer Viking
DeangeloVickers
12:12p, 10/22/22
I LOVE college football. But watching EPl and Champions League is so much more enjoyable because there is not a commercial every 5 mins.
Forum Troll
12:25p, 10/22/22
DeangeloVickers said:

I LOVE college football. But watching EPl and Champions League is so much more enjoyable because there is not a commercial every 5 mins.

3 minute commercial break

Kickoff for touchback

Immediate 3 minute commercial break again
Dre_00
12:44p, 10/22/22
DeangeloVickers said:

Agreed x 10. It's not only the commercials it's the constant in-game ads, sponsored camera angles, sponsored in-game stats, cutaways. It's so ridiculous.
Out in Left Field
1:21p, 10/22/22
Lol
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 23 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE