General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,321 Views | 2557 Replies
Jason_Ag98
1:55p, 10/22/22
In reply to Forum Troll
Forum Troll said:

DeangeloVickers said:

I LOVE college football. But watching EPl and Champions League is so much more enjoyable because there is not a commercial every 5 mins.

3 minute commercial break

Kickoff for touchback

Immediate 3 minute commercial break again

Followed by a delay of game penalty if you're watching the Aggies.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
1:57p, 10/22/22
In reply to Jason_Ag98
Jason_Ag98 said:

Forum Troll said:

DeangeloVickers said:

I LOVE college football. But watching EPl and Champions League is so much more enjoyable because there is not a commercial every 5 mins.

3 minute commercial break

Kickoff for touchback

Immediate 3 minute commercial break again

Followed by a delay of game penalty if you're watching the Aggies.
and then an on-air pause to identity the official meat sponsor of Aggie football - Slovacek Sausage.
Hey...so.. um
2:54p, 10/22/22
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

He used his arm and shoulder. That is a foul.
Rudyjax
2:56p, 10/22/22
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Agreed x 10. It's not only the commercials it's the constant in-game ads, sponsored camera angles, sponsored in-game stats, cutaways. It's so ridiculous.

The 5 minute reviews kill me.
tysker
3:22p, 10/22/22
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

Thats a Duke level no-call
ThunderCougarFalconBird
3:55p, 10/22/22
In reply to tysker
tysker said:

DeangeloVickers said:

yeah that's a no goal and a booking for me.
Mathguy64
4:01p, 10/22/22
Wrong thread
TXAggie2011
4:03p, 10/22/22
In reply to ThunderCougarFalconBird
Not sure I'd book him for that but that's a foul given he pushed with the arm. I'd don't mind rubbing shoulders a little but can't push like that
TXAggie2011
4:07p, 10/22/22
Also the respect given to super stars by commentators…"the hunger"…if that's Kieffer Moore no one is complementing that "hunger"
Mathguy64
5:19p, 10/22/22
The little push off early is the sneaky one. The big one at the end is never getting called. Its shoulder to shoulder. I thought on my phone he was from behind but on the iPad it's not. It's just a big man at high speed. I guess you can say he's not playing the ball but it's never getting called in the PL and it's not an error for VAR.
Rudyjax
5:23p, 10/22/22
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

The little push off early is the sneaky one. The big one at the end is never getting called. Its shoulder to shoulder. I thought on my phone he was from behind but on the iPad it's not. It's just a big man at high speed. I guess you can say he's not playing the ball but it's never getting called in the PL and it's not an error for VAR.

Show me in the laws of the game where playing the ball is a consideration.
Mathguy64
5:37p, 10/22/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Ken Scarborough said:

Mathguy64 said:

It's not. But if he does that to a defender at midfield when the ball is in his defensive third he's getting a card for UB. You just can't randomly blow someone up.
texagbeliever
6:11p, 10/22/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Ken Scarborough said:

Mathguy64 said:

Im confused. Players can't just go out there and run into other players. So Haaland has to be playing the ball (shielding it is playing it in my book). To me, the look up by Haaland to find the defender and then his change in path from the ball to the defender tells me he is trying to take the player out. Again if the defender does what Haaland did that is a red card 10 out of 10 times. You saw Haaland called for the same foul in the second half! Only the defender fell on the ball so the ref was forced to call something.
Rudyjax
7:38p, 10/22/22
In reply to texagbeliever
That's a strawman argument. That's not what I said.
dovato
9:33p, 10/22/22
In reply to ThunderCougarFalconBird
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

tysker said:

DeangeloVickers said:

yeah that's a no goal and a booking for me.
this is a hilarious take.....goodness
Rudyjax
10:47p, 10/22/22
texagbeliever said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Mathguy64 said:

Im confused. Players can't just go out there and run into other players. So Haaland has to be playing the ball (shielding it is playing it in my book). To me, the look up by Haaland to find the defender and then his change in path from the ball to the defender tells me he is trying to take the player out.

If the ball is in playing distance, a shoulder to shoulder charge is not a foul.

If the ball is not, it's a foul.

There is nothing in the laws that state you have to be play the ball.

Changing your path from the ball to the defender is also not a foul. and not playing the ball is also not a foul.
It's not a foul to be bigger and stronger than someone and make them fall with a legal challenge.

That was probably a foul, but I can see why it wasn't called.

Teacher_Ag
12:00a, 10/23/22
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Teacher_Ag said:

American Liverpool "fans" jumping ship in 3, 2, 1...

You recruiting for the Gunner bandwagon or what?

It would be a bad place to recruit. Aggies are already accustomed to pain.
agsalaska
7:54a, 10/23/22
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Agreed x 10. It's not only the commercials it's the constant in-game ads, sponsored camera angles, sponsored in-game stats, cutaways. It's so ridiculous.
Plus while I tend to pull for some teams over others I have no real emotional attachment to any of them. That allows me to watch and just enjoy it. The diploma on my wall says Texas A&M, not Whatever FC
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Dre_00
8:30a, 10/23/22
Villa up 3-0 on Brentford inside of 15 minutes has to be the biggest F.U. to Gerrard there can possibly be.
texagbeliever
9:33a, 10/23/22
Ridiculous stat lines: Wolves 20 shots 5 on goal, 0 goals. Leicester City 3 shots 3 on goal, 3 goals.
Out in Left Field
9:36a, 10/23/22
So how much longer will Jesse March last?
Dre_00
9:38a, 10/23/22
In reply to Out in Left Field
Don't think he makes it to the end of the month. He might get to the Bournemouth game but I don't see it happening.
Dre_00
9:39a, 10/23/22
texagbeliever said:

Ridiculous stat lines: Wolves 20 shots 5 on goal, 0 goals. Leicester City 3 shots 3 on goal, 3 goals.
Make that 4 shots, 4 on goal, 4 goals.
Mathguy64
9:51a, 10/23/22
In reply to Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

Don't think he makes it to the end of the month. He might get to the Bournemouth game but I don't see it happening.
I gather he pissed off the supporters last week. He had to apologize but it wasn't well received.
Dre_00
10:14a, 10/23/22
In reply to Mathguy64
That and the fact that he's now firmly in a relegation fight as other teams are picking up results. With the WC break, there's a big incentive for a club to make the move sooner rather than later.
Dre_00
10:27a, 10/23/22

There's some truth to this but the two recent games that I've shown have shown comically bad defending. We'll see what happens but I'm pessimistic for Jesse.
CrockerAg98
11:07a, 10/23/22
I like them allowing more physical play.

Newcastle just got a goal where the keeper was out of the box and ran into the Newcastle player, who was trying to avoid contact. Instead of rewarding the keeper who screwed up his clearance, they let the goal stand.

Still too much diving, but hopefully we get back to where someone hitting the deck doesn't mean a foul.
Out in Left Field
11:12a, 10/23/22
Miggy!
Dre_00
11:30a, 10/23/22
Tottenham appear to be regressing to the mean.
Mathguy64
11:33a, 10/23/22
A decently good manager and unlimited state petrodollars are about to make Newcastle a perennial top 2-3 team.
CrockerAg98
12:33p, 10/23/22
I'm not happy about the ethical issues with Saudi ownership, but after 14 years of f'n Mike Ashley, I'm okay with a little success.
ElCheAg
12:37p, 10/23/22
In reply to Out in Left Field
It's amazing how he's turned it around this season. And he is getting more and more confident.
ElCheAg
12:37p, 10/23/22
In reply to CrockerAg98
Amn.
Dre_00
12:57p, 10/23/22
I'm not sure if Eddie Howe is Newcastle's Mark Hughes or Roberto Mancini but it's just a matter of time before Newcastle become perennial contenders. I wouldn't make them favorites for top 4 this season but they definitely have a puncher's chance.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in say, 3 years, when both City and Newcastle are effectively locked into top 4 status year after year. My guess is that at least 1, maybe 2, of the 5 others with big club aspirations won't be able to crack the top 4 consistently enough to realistically keep their big club aspiration and we'll naturally see a top 6 re-emerge with Newcastle replacing one of the current top 6.

Of course I also wouldn't be surprised to see England get 5 CL spots in a revamped CL structure that brings in more revenue for UEFA and staves off continued ESL talk in which case...top 7 it is.
KCup17
2:02p, 10/23/22
I love this club. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be top 4 at this juncture of the season. My ultimate goal for the team this season is to qualify for European play. I'd honestly take conference league at this point.

Up the Mags!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 24 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off