General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,285 Views | 2557 Replies
Showstopper
11:51a, 4/7/24
Oh well I don't know. Maybe they need them ad views tonight from Wrestlemania? I don't know. lol.

I do suspect they are losing a lot of money on that WWE deal.
Mathguy64
12:52p, 4/7/24
There are some seriously nasty challenges in SHU v CHE.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
1:29p, 4/7/24
Chelsea!!!
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
jeffk
1:40p, 4/7/24
In reply to Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Chelsea!!!

Sheffield!!!
Mathguy64
1:47p, 4/7/24
Chelsea pulling a ManU
jeffk
3:13p, 4/7/24
Any of y'all been the to Fanfest before?
ChipFTAC01
6:56a, 4/8/24
Question on the fan debate on the overlap:

Is winning the PL bigger than winning thr Champions League?

I personally think Champions League is bigger but I'd rather win the league.
Mathguy64
7:01a, 4/8/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Any of y'all been the to Fanfest before?

Went to the one in Austin. It was fun but the logistics were strange. The venue was very difficult to move around in (partly the venue and partly the sheer number of people).
YNWA.2013
7:36a, 4/8/24
I also went to the Austin one in 2019. We showed up about 30 mins before they opened, not thinking much of it. But it was PACKED! Line to get in was very long! Like Mathguy64 said, the venue was kind of strange and difficult to maneuver. I remember thinking how "narrow" everything felt. But there as a ton of stuff to do. I met the best host in sports television, Rebecca Lowe, as well as Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe. I also met Kyle Martino (this was before Tim Howard was stupidifying our brains). They had lots of free stuff and things to do. Breakfast was free (they had a guy who could "draw" pancakes so I ate a pancake with the Premier League logo), free shirts (by the time I got one, they only had XLs left), and they had free screen printing for your jerseys (they only had limited names. As a Liverpool fan, you could only get Virgil or Salah). We also took a picture with the Premier League trophy. I also won a "personalized kit" from Avery Dennison, which is the company that makes and designs the Premier League name/number font. So I got to design my own kit with a logo, sleeve patch, and my name and number on the back. I still have it, it's pretty cool. And there were TVs EVERYWHERE with different games going on so you could see whatever you wanted. All in all, it was a very cool experience. Austin was the third or fourth one they did so I am sure they have tweaked it some and the Nashville one was that much better. If you're thinking of going to one with kids, I think older kids would enjoy it, but it was not very conducive for younger kids like mine.
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
8:20a, 4/8/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
That's all great info, thanks a ton. We kicked around the idea of going up to Nashville this weekend, but had other competing kid events. Also the oldest is only ten now so we have a few years left to make it happen. The recap stuff looked like a ton of fun yesterday.
jeffk
8:22a, 4/8/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Question on the fan debate on the overlap:

Is winning the PL bigger than winning thr Champions League?

I personally think Champions League is bigger but I'd rather win the league.

Winning the PL is definitely a big deal, but the CL trophy seems like a larger multi-year accomplishment, end-of-the-road occasion for some reason to me.
Rudyjax
8:29a, 4/8/24
Everton losing 2 more points.

Why are they hammering certain clubs and letting others do what they want?
jeffk
8:37a, 4/8/24
In reply to Rudyjax
Corruption. Fear. Some of both?
Furlock Bones
8:45a, 4/8/24
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

I hope you aren't hinting that certain (man Dhabi) clubs are doing anything nefarious.
deadbq03
10:20a, 4/8/24
Don't worry, they'll fix the system so City can legally pay off the rest of the league… right after they make sure Everton and Forest get relegated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271249/Premier-League-eyeing-ABOLISHING-points-deductions-introducing-NBA-style-luxury-tax-fears-stars-leave-rules-restrict-pay-Everton-Nottingham-Forest-lost-points.html
ThunderCougarFalconBird
11:34a, 4/8/24
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

it's total corruption/bull***** They have to hit "someone" to give the appearance of not being useless/in the bag for certain clubs to keep would-be government regulators off of their backs.

Call me when Man Dhabi gets hit with a proportional points deduction and finds themselves playing in a Sunday pub league.
Aston94
11:49a, 4/8/24
You guys do know that all the clubs run the EPL, so they put this system of point deduction in effect right? It is a relatively new system, so the City issues came under the old FFP rules, which are still in legal fights.
Mathguy64
1:03p, 4/8/24
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

They found more dirt on the Sheik?
YNWA.2013
9:05a, 4/11/24

-FTA c/o 2013
Aston94
12:37p, 4/11/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
Explaining the new EPL Offside Technology

This article provides a bit of an explanation.
Showstopper
3:46p, 4/11/24
Artificial intelligence > dog intelligence > coin flipping > PGMOL
Furlock Bones
7:22a, 4/13/24
What a first half by Newcastle.
Furlock Bones
7:43a, 4/13/24
3-nil Magpies! Isak is enfuego.
Furlock Bones
8:18a, 4/13/24
4-nil!
Furlock Bones
10:06a, 4/14/24
Well that was funny. Klopp out!
Furlock Bones
12:17p, 4/14/24
Great way to hand man Dhabi another title.
Mathguy64
12:25p, 4/14/24
Pool and Arse ****ting the bed together.

At some point the unlimited oil money will win out.
wangus12
12:46p, 4/14/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Would be nice if the FA grew some balls and docked them points but that will never happen. Have to pray Pep leaves soon
Texaggie7nine
12:51p, 4/14/24
Who's on top ?
jeffk
1:14p, 4/14/24
Liverpool and Arsenal both turning into pumpkins and handing the Man City Machine another league title is pretty grim stuff.
Dre_00
2:36p, 4/14/24
6 games left people. City's remaining games aren't exactly a murderer's row but they only need to draw one of those games to leave the door open again for Liverpool or Arsenal. @ Brighton and @ Spurs won't be cakewalks.

They're of course the favorites now but far from over.
jeffk
4:26p, 4/14/24
In reply to Dre_00
I've been on this ride. Multiple times. Recently.
Dre_00
2:17p, 4/15/24
Cole Palmer just killed a guy. Jared Branthwaite, may he rest in peace. Too young to leave us so soon.
Dre_00
2:26p, 4/15/24
Dre_00
2:30p, 4/15/24
Um. A perfect hat trick in less than 30 minutes for Mr. Palmer.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 68 of 74
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings