Welcome to Wrexham
18,335 Views | 181 Replies
aggiejohn
7:55a, 9/14/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Ken Scarborough said:

The bad news is this is taking place in the 2021 season.

Yes - where they qualified for the play off but ultimately came up short. Maybe they'll earn promotion this season...
Rudyjax
8:05a, 9/14/22
In reply to aggiejohn
Spoilers, hello.
jeffk
9:27a, 9/14/22
In reply to aggiejohn
You might want to spoiler tag those season results. I'm sure some people are aware of how things shake out, but others just watching the show aren't going to appreciate knowing how this season ends.
KCup17
10:20a, 9/14/22
I knew how the season ends up since I have been loosely following Wrexham since the takeover. However, I think we should treat this thread similar to the Entertainment board and add spoiler tags to things we haven't yet seen in the show.
fig96
10:22a, 9/14/22
i couldn't love this show more, it's just everything you love about football.
TXAggie2011
11:06a, 9/14/22
Yeah...I had been trying to avoid knowing how it ends up...Doesn't ruin the show by any means as its about a lot more than that...but I wish I hadn't seen that post
Rudyjax
11:31a, 9/14/22
In reply to TXAggie2011
TXAggie2011 said:

Yeah...I had been trying to avoid knowing how it ends up...Doesn't ruin the show by any means as its about a lot more than that...but I wish I hadn't seen that post
It kinda does. It's like learning that Bruce Willis was dead the whole time while watiing in line for the next showing.

We used to wait in line for movies young people.
jeffk
9:01p, 9/15/22
Latest two episodes were great. So cool they got the Race Course back for the club. Loved the Crashcourse history lesson too.
AgGrad99
9:15p, 9/15/22
The episodes tonight were great
Forum Troll
10:31p, 9/15/22
Welsh singer lady had some major cans.
PatAg
2:42a, 9/17/22
In reply to Forum Troll
Forum Troll said:

I recognized her name, she used to have some performances appear on PBS back around 2000 or so. I think some late night shows too
cadetjay02
9:19a, 9/17/22
I'm a world history teacher and have seen countless episodes of Crash Course World History. John Green has actually been a minority owner of AFC Wimbledon for several years. If you've run out of everything to watch, go to YouTube and find the videos of him playing FIFA and creating fictional stories about the players on the team. It's actually a good lesson in literature character development.
Rudyjax
9:00p, 9/19/22
Those women speaking Welch made my pants go crazy.
jeffk
9:08p, 9/19/22
In reply to Rudyjax
You like-ah da juice, eh?
Aston94
9:47a, 9/20/22
In reply to Rudyjax
Ken Scarborough said:

Those women speaking Welch made my pants go crazy.
Now that's an odd fetish.
tysker
10:40a, 9/20/22
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Forum Troll said:

I recognized her name, she used to have some performances appear on PBS back around 2000 or so. I think some late night shows too
Ya Charlotte Church's Voice of an Angel was release in 98 or 99 when she was like 12 years old. She definitely made the late night talk show rounds in the US and UK in the late 90s and early 00s
Mustang1
3:49p, 9/25/22

jeffk
5:31p, 9/25/22
walton91
10:21p, 9/25/22
Love this show. I know things are different over there but its crazy how fans were/are getting restless after 12 games in a 44 match season. Also pretty unexpected (and ballsy) of the volunteer to criticize the CEO and team leadership to Rob and Ryan
Forum Troll
10:09p, 9/26/22
Episode 9 was excellent. Really showcased the town.
AgGrad99
10:10p, 9/26/22
I love that they haven't made it all about Ryan and his friend, but about the town as well.
Rudyjax
11:11p, 9/26/22
tysker
8:57a, 9/27/22
I admire Ryan asking about the Turf immediately after learning about the future plans of opening the Racecourse early for fans, food and beer. Its clear they know both understand they are likely the villains of this story
walton91
9:25a, 9/27/22
In reply to tysker
I caught that too. Tells me the talk about their place in the community is not just empty rhetoric.
PatAg
11:56p, 9/27/22
This is a random tangent, but I think college football is probably the only US sport that would truly keep its fans with a form of relegation/promotion.
Where you still see passionate fans for teams that have fallen down.
I DO think the hardcore fans of most teams in other sports would stay, but that fanbase is likely very different in size based on the team and a lot of teams would probably fold
t - cam
8:09a, 9/28/22
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

This is a random tangent, but I think college football is probably the only US sport that would truly keep its fans with a form of relegation/promotion.
I DO think the hardcore fans of most teams in other sports would stay, but that fanbase is likely very different in size based on the team and a lot of teams would probably fold

You are right. European soccer has always been a good comp to college football. The fan bases are born into it and turning out for games is just what you do. Attendance obviously falls as the results fade but you never lose your core.
ChipFTAC01
8:49a, 9/28/22
In reply to t - cam
t - cam said:

PatAg said:

You are right. European soccer has always been a good comp to college football. The fan bases are born into it and turning out for games is just what you do. Attendance obviously falls as the results fade but you never lose your core.

E.g.Cornhuskers, Nebraska
ChipFTAC01
8:51a, 9/28/22
In reply to ChipFTAC01
Seriously, if Nebraska isn't a comp for Sunderland I don't know who is. Once great power who has fallen on such hard times with no real hope of ever returning to the former heights but still packing them in.
deadbq03
9:55a, 9/28/22
In reply to t - cam
t - cam said:

PatAg said:

The comparisons are endless.

Both started with highly regional leagues.
Both lacked centralized governance for a long time.
Both are struggling to cope with the changes that have largely come from ever-increasing TV money.
Both struggle with holding onto traditions but making necessary changes to competition structure to stay financially secure… Polls/BCS/Playoffs/Expansion? issues are quite similar to Champion Cup/Champions League/Expansion/Super League?
Rudyjax
1:52p, 9/30/22
Man, all I have to say about the first epsiode, is you are who you sleep with honey.
t - cam
1:56p, 9/30/22
the two new episodes this week were great. Really liked the deep dive into hooliganism.
fig96
5:46p, 9/30/22
In reply to Rudyjax
I was really hoping for a little "Shortly after the filming of this episode, they broke up" footnote.
_lefraud_
6:12p, 9/30/22
In reply to fig96
She was attractive, so long as she agrees to get on my dental plan
walton91
6:24p, 9/30/22
It was pretty funny him explaining to her why he was still going to buy a season ticket even though he was banned
PatAg
2:16a, 10/1/22
Rob grew up in Philly and rooting for the Eagles, he is familiar with hooliganism even if it wasn't called that. Trash fanbase, and hooligans are the worst type of fan.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 6
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings