Welcome to Wrexham
18,339 Views | 181 Replies
Rudyjax
10:49a, 10/14/22
They can just continue to raise the rate for TikTok to sponsor. That's a top tier sponsor.
t - cam
12:13p, 10/14/22
Finished the show last night. Fantastic full season. Loved the second to last episode about how a lot of us use sports as a bonding mechanism. Found that to be very true.
Sports-Ag
6:50p, 10/14/22
Finished the last episodes this week and loved everything about what this show is. I followed the show every week and made sure to not Google spoilers with how the season went. I wanted to enjoy each episode week to week and go with the motion. I was bummed they didn't make it as they caught fire the second half of season.

Will definitely be watching the game Saturday morning and a huge plus to show it on a ESPN channel in the US. I'm going to be following the team this season.
AgRyan04
6:52a, 10/15/22
Finished the season....great show. I was gutted the way things ended.

Got up early today to watch their FA Cup Match on ESPN2....wish they were playing at the Racetrack. I have 0 clue how they're doing this season - I purposely didn't look it up so as to not ruin the show.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
agdoc2001
7:09a, 10/15/22
I also was a bit surprised that they chose to air an away match
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgRyan04
7:18a, 10/15/22
I seemed to be a pretty spur of the moment announcement so maybe they are just trying to capitalize on the show season ending and grabbed the first match they could. It is a Cup match so if they don't win they won't have an opportunity to play at home.

I *think* ESPN has broadcasting rights for FA Cup so that may have played jnto it.

I have no clue who has the broadcasting rights for their regular league matches?
agdoc2001
7:27a, 10/15/22
In reply to AgRyan04
BT sport owns the streaming rights for the National League. Wrexham has been trying all season to get permission stream their own home matches, but the league has rejected their attempts - even when they offered to donate any streaming profits to the league.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2022/september/statement--domestic--international-streaming/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgRyan04
7:31a, 10/15/22
In reply to agdoc2001
Wow....that seems baffling to me. More exposure means more money means more good things
Swarely
9:53p, 10/15/22
That last episode gave me crazy "Friday Night Light" vibes. Really, really well done. Hopefully when I go to London next I can catch one of their away games.
Aston94
11:41p, 10/16/22
Great story in GQ about Wrexham and the new owners, long but good read.

Wrexham Article
deadbq03
6:40a, 10/19/22
Finally caught up and finished the season. Great show.

I do wonder how they plan to not have fame ruin this for locals… i.e. I hope they make kits cheaper in local stores than online, etc.
Rudyjax
6:50a, 10/19/22
deadbq03
6:50a, 10/19/22
In reply to BQ_90
BQ_90 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

I appreciate Rob putting ear muffs on his son so he could yell "f-ck" loudly 6 inches away

What's the song that's played throughout the series, always a different arrangement, played it at the end of this last episode too

You talking about this song
To the original question - It's not different arrangements, but they do use two different songs. They use Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changing" at the beginning for a few episodes and again at the very end.
Rudyjax
6:53a, 10/19/22
In reply to deadbq03
Any good Gen Xer will be reminded of Kelly Preston during that Buddy Holly song.
walton91
6:34p, 10/27/22
Finally got to the finale and it certainly did not disappoint. The production value was absolutely top notch for the series but on another level in the finale. It felt like a damn movie.
TXAggie2011
8:23p, 10/27/22
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

BQ_90 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

I appreciate Rob putting ear muffs on his son so he could yell "f-ck" loudly 6 inches away

What's the song that's played throughout the series, always a different arrangement, played it at the end of this last episode too

You talking about this song
To the original question - It's not different arrangements, but they do use two different songs. They use Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changing" at the beginning for a few episodes and again at the very end.

I'm not talking about the intro songs. Those I know. There is an instrumental (no lyrics) song/tune they play at various times across the episodes
walton91
8:43a, 12/9/22
Ryan and Ryan's friend had to get dressed up today
FTAco07
11:14a, 12/9/22
I don't pretend to know how most Welsh feel about the monarchy, but what an honor for the players and staff of a League 5 club.
deadbq03
12:15p, 12/9/22

Edited to also reply:
FTAco07 said:

I don't pretend to know how most Welsh feel about the monarchy, but what an honor for the players and staff of a League 5 club.
My wife sits through stuff like Wrexham for me, and I sit through stuff like "The Crown" for her… here's where those two coalesce: Charles is pretty well-liked in Wales because he bothered to go there to study Welch language and culture prior to being given the title Prince of Wales. Not surprisingly given the long time - that popularity has waned, but there's still majority Welch support for the tradition that the monarch's heir gets that particular title.
FTAco07
12:43p, 12/9/22
In reply to deadbq03
Thanks for that color
AgRyan04
1:52p, 12/9/22
In reply to walton91
DON'T DISRESPECT MAC!

His mother will kick your ass
Legal Custodian
1:00p, 1/7/23
Anyone watching this FA cup match
Legal Custodian
1:41p, 1/7/23
What a freaking match! A lot of drama at the end with ESPN+ feed cutting out in the last minute of injury time
walton91
9:27a, 7/21/23
Sept 12, Season 2
agdoc2001
2:20p, 9/21/23
First 3 episodes of Season 2 are available on Hulu. 2nd episode focuses on an autistic fan and Paul Mullins' autistic son, Albi, which is pretty emotional; while the 3rd episode is quite a bit lighter as it shows fans of other clubs wishing hateful things on Wrexham. So far, so good.
fig96
4:49p, 9/23/23
In reply to agdoc2001
agdoc2001 said:

First 3 episodes of Season 2 are available on Hulu. 2nd episode focuses on an autistic fan and Paul Mullins' autistic son, Albi, which is pretty emotional; while the 3rd episode is quite a bit lighter as it shows fans of other clubs wishing hateful things on Wrexham. So far, so good.
So my young daughter is showing signs of autism (or at least being on the spectrum) and man that episode hit me in the feels.
Rudyjax
10:15p, 10/4/23
Tuesday's episode….I'm pretty sure an average ECNL U17 would wipe them out.

Hell, I'm almost thinking my daughters EcNL RL team could take them.

But I do love the fact they're supporting the women's te.
tylercsbn9
10:52a, 10/28/23
Massive game today away at against Notts. Wrexham scored two goals within minutes to go up 2-0 late. If they hold I think they'll be second on the league.
deadbq03
2:55p, 10/28/23
In reply to tylercsbn9
3rd on GD, but huge win!

Fascinating that the top 3 consist of the NL champs from the past two seasons and last year's NL playoff winner. I think it goes to show that a lot of these teams are down here because of bad owner/management. These teams have owners that want to win and get promoted and aren't just giving lip service to fans while they fleece the team's pocketbooks.
Rudyjax
7:22p, 10/28/23
In reply to deadbq03
deadbq03 said:

3rd on GD, but huge win!

Fascinating that the top 3 consist of the NL champs from the past two seasons and last year's NL playoff winner. I think it goes to show that a lot of these teams are down here because of bad owner/management. These teams have owners that want to win and get promoted and aren't just giving lip service to fans while they fleece the team's pocketbooks.

That's a good thought.
Faustus
3:54p, 10/29/23
After the slow start the team is coming on nicely.

Good story line of course with Notts, and both teams near the top of their new league. Hulu is pleased.
Rudyjax
3:59p, 10/29/23
In reply to Faustus
Faustus said:

After the slow start the team is coming on nicely.

Good story line of course with Notts, and both teams near the top of their new league. Hulu is pleased.

Isn't the show on FXX and replayed on Hulu?
Faustus
10:25p, 10/29/23
Yeah. It's on FX. I guess I just thought Hulu because it's streamed there too. Now that I think about it Archer is streamed there too despite being an FX property.

Mea culpa.
Rudyjax
11:06p, 10/29/23
In reply to Faustus
Faustus said:

Yeah. It's on FX. I guess I just thought Hulu because it's streamed there too. Now that I think about it Archer is streamed there too despite being an FX property.

Mea culpa.

There is a connection between the two but not sure what it is.
deadbq03
6:45a, 10/30/23
In reply to Rudyjax
FX = 100% Disney
Hulu = 66.7% Disney
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 6
Verify your student status Register