Welcome to Wrexham
18,330 Views | 181 Replies
fig96
9:17a, 10/30/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

Faustus said:

Yeah. It's on FX. I guess I just thought Hulu because it's streamed there too. Now that I think about it Archer is streamed there too despite being an FX property.

Mea culpa.

There is a connection between the two but not sure what it is.
There's also some FX on Hulu shows (Devs, Reservation Dogs, etc.) that aired first on Hulu then later on network, but this isn't one of them.
Rudyjax
9:18a, 10/30/23
In reply to fig96
fig96 said:

Rudyjax said:

Faustus said:

Yeah. It's on FX. I guess I just thought Hulu because it's streamed there too. Now that I think about it Archer is streamed there too despite being an FX property.

Mea culpa.

There is a connection between the two but not sure what it is.
There's also some FX on Hulu shows (Devs, Reservation Dogs, etc.) that aired first on Hulu then later on network, but this isn't one of them.
I didn't know Reservation Dogs was on FX. I thought it was just Hulu. Now you know.
tylercsbn9
9:06p, 10/31/23
Notts County episode tonight!!!!
walton91
11:01a, 11/3/23
We are one behind. Watched the mining disaster and women's season finale episodes last night. This show is still absolutely amazing at storytelling.
AgGrad99
3:56p, 11/7/23
In reply to tylercsbn9
tylercsbn9 said:

Notts County episode tonight!!!!
Speaking of Notts County...

Them and Wrexham are both vying for the top of their new leauge...and Notts just signed a nice player today.

Gonna be close again!
Rudyjax
3:58p, 11/7/23
In reply to AgGrad99
Yep. 2 and 3 I'm the league right now.

Good thing top 3 get promoted.
AgGrad99
4:11p, 11/7/23
In reply to Rudyjax
It would be so cool for them to get promoted right again right away.

I saw some write ups before the season, saying they had a good chance, and some making the claim it was harder to get out of the National League, than it would be for them to get out of League 1.
oragator
12:01p, 11/11/23
Won again today, up to second.
Txhuntr
3:20p, 11/13/23
Finally got to do some binging over the weekend. Is anyone else annoyed they spent 2 full episodes this season dedicated to chickball? I feel a little slighted that they could've covered more of the team the fans are actually interested in
walton91
3:31p, 11/13/23
If they had not won their league and been promoted as well, I doubt they spend as much time on them. However, they are part of the organization, and part of the investment by Rob and Ryan, plus there were more great stories so I didn't mind at all. Wrexham v Notts was the only real story to the men's side. Both were so far and away ahead of the rest of the league I don't think it would have made sense to track their season week by week.
AgGrad99
4:03p, 11/13/23
I didnt mind it. It was an interesting story, and they're part of the community. Since they've focused so much on the community, I think it made sense to highlight them as well.
AgGrad99
4:05p, 11/13/23
Anyone have a good link to their full schedule. Curious how many games they have left this season...
walton91
4:16p, 11/13/23
In reply to AgGrad99
Don't have a link but they have played 17 of 46 (24 teams in League 2)
AgGrad99
4:16p, 11/13/23
In reply to walton91
Gracias.

Loooong way to go.
Rudyjax
4:26p, 11/13/23
In reply to AgGrad99
AgGrad99 said:

Anyone have a good link to their full schedule. Curious how many games they have left this season...
it's incredibly easy to find.

But i'll send it to you because I am going to be half a dick today.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wrexham+schedule&rlz=1C1GCCJ_en&oq=wrexham+schedule&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyDwgAEEUYORiDARixAxiABDIHCAEQABiABDIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIHCAQQABiABDIHCAUQABiABDIHCAYQABiABDIHCAcQABiABDIHCAgQABiABDIHCAkQABiABNIBCDM1NTFqMGo0qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/025czw;2;/m/0355r8;mt;fp;1;;;
AgGrad99
4:28p, 11/13/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Thank you. You are apparently much better at interwebbing than me. Their own site didnt have it listed, that I found.

but if you're going to bring it....full D or nothing. None of these half measures next time.
Rudyjax
4:29p, 11/13/23
In reply to AgGrad99
AgGrad99 said:

Thank you. You are apparently much better at interwebbing than me. Their own site didnt have it listed, that I found.

but if you're going to bring it....full D or nothing. None of these half measures next time.
Not just the tip?
jeffk
4:30p, 11/13/23
In reply to Txhuntr
Txhuntr said:

Finally got to do some binging over the weekend. Is anyone else annoyed they spent 2 full episodes this season dedicated to chickball? I feel a little slighted that they could've covered more of the team the fans are actually interested in

Chickball?
Txhuntr
5:30p, 11/13/23
In reply to jeffk
The women's soccer team. The poster above mentioned the community aspect, and that's fair. Just thought they could've done a whole season recap in one episode instead of two.
Rudyjax
6:06p, 11/13/23
In reply to AgGrad99
If you're interested there's an ap called FotMob and you can follow your teams and players. Life scoring updates, lines ups, ratings, etc.
AgGrad99
6:16p, 11/13/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Oooh. Cool. Gracias. I'll check that out
jeffk
6:21a, 11/14/23
In reply to Txhuntr
Ah, okay. You might want to just call it women's soccer moving forward.
aggiebrad94
10:41a, 11/14/23
In reply to Txhuntr
Txhuntr said:

I liked it much better than the gay episode. No idea what your parents' sexuality has to do with the town of Wrexham or the futbol club.
AgGrad99
10:53a, 11/14/23
I cared a lot more about him being security for the eventual King. That was pretty dang cool.

I felt like he was presented as a sympathetic figure because of his sexual preference. But I have a hard time sympathizing with someone who ditched their wife and kids...regardless who their new partner was. I wondered if they were going to show that Palmer had to overcome prejudice because of it, but he was all...'meh, didnt think much of it'.

But, Palmer is a key player and it's part of his story, so whatever.
oragator
1:19p, 11/14/23
aggiebrad94
6:25p, 11/14/23
In reply to AgGrad99
AgGrad99 said:

I cared a lot more about him being security for the eventual King. That was pretty dang cool.

I felt like he was presented as a sympathetic figure because of his sexual preference. But I have a hard time sympathizing with someone who ditched their wife and kids...regardless who their new partner was. I wondered if they were going to show that Palmer had to overcome prejudice because of it, but he was all...'meh, didnt think much of it'.

But, Palmer is a key player and it's part of his story, so whatever.

As we all are...or should be. What a wasted episode.
tylercsbn9
10:57p, 11/14/23
In reply to aggiebrad94
aggiebrad94 said:

Txhuntr said:

I liked it much better than the gay episode. No idea what your parents' sexuality has to do with the town of Wrexham or the futbol club.

I actually enjoyed the episodes about the woman's team

Great episode tonight. Lots of feels
oragator
8:04p, 11/15/23
Yeah the womens show didn't bother me. Was cool to see how invested hey are, even in a program that hasn't historically supported them.
I wish they had done some interviews with the fans after the game. They spent the whole two years building them up and what it meant to them, and then just a few one or two second shots at the end.
But the Rocky sequence was awesome.
PJYoung
4:43a, 11/16/23
Just stopping by to say I love this series so much. Really well done.

fig96
4:04p, 11/16/23
I've liked all the episodes, the ones digging into the different families was super interesting and their women's team is fascinating. And great wrap up last night, all the feels.
Rudyjax
8:28p, 11/17/23
I liked the Rocky music during stoppage time. Definitely a nod to Rob.
walton91
9:12a, 2/9/24
Season 3!

Rudyjax
3:00p, 2/9/24
In reply to walton91
walton91 said:

Season 3!

Hmmm.....

Sounds like we'll only be a lot less behind this season.
Rudyjax
5:49p, 4/9/24
3 games remaining, they guarantee promotion with 5 points.
oragator
6:55p, 4/9/24
They can clinch on Saturday with a win and a Dons loss to Mansfield I think. And that's a very plausible scenario.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 6
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings