Wrexham AFC
41,321 Views | 564 Replies
agdoc2001
1:13p, 6/12/23
I like Wrexham, but there is a less than zero chance i'm wearing a red and white kit that says "United" on it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Faustus
2:31p, 6/12/23
In reply to walton91
walton91 said:

Summer tour, Philadelphia date added
. . .
Hopefully the team is able to avoid gang related mischief while in the area.
AgRyan04
3:58p, 6/12/23
In reply to Faustus
Well played!

I could totally see a "Gang learns about hooliganism" episode coming
Faustus
11:31a, 7/18/23
Match against Chelsea tomorrow in the "final" of something called the "Florida Cup" according to Google.

Hopefully it's well attended and Wrexham is compensated handsomely.
walton91
10:22p, 7/25/23
Welp, this is not great. Pretty reckless challenge by the keeper. Looked like Paul Mullin was struggling to breathe, maybe a rib injury?
PatAg
12:30a, 7/26/23
In reply to walton91
walton91 said:

Welp, this is not great. Pretty reckless challenge by the keeper. Looked like Paul Mullin was struggling to breathe, maybe a rib injury?

I think you could have easily given the keeper a red there
walton91
1:08a, 7/26/23
In reply to PatAg
Saying its a punctured lung
Rudyjax
6:50a, 7/26/23
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

walton91 said:

I think you could have easily given the keeper a red there

Easily. He didn't even go for the ball. A real game that's a red.
wangus12
7:01a, 7/26/23
In reply to walton91
walton91 said:

United has been wildly physical in preseason. They had 2 really bad fouls against Arsenal over the weekend as well.
carl spacklers hat
8:50a, 7/26/23
In reply to wangus12
Ended up watching about 25 minutes of the MU/Wrexham match. MU rolled out one of their Academy teams for this one. Thought the red given to Doyle was a bit harsh and agree that the foul on Mullen should have been more harshly treated. Not sure what the composition of the Wrexham squad was, starters, mix of starters and bench, all bench - don't know enough about the team to know.

Something that occurred to me while watching the match was this: Is there such thing as TOO much exposure? I know Wrexham is flying high from the TV show and winning promotion, but is it possible that they get overexposed, to the point that people have enough and start to tune out? The item that gave rise to this question is the overall quality of the team. I know they're a lower level team but to my eye, they seem to be about the level of mid-table USL squad. Will the casual fan stay engaged while the team works to continue winning promotion? I think that will be interesting to see unfold.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Rudyjax
8:54a, 7/26/23
In reply to carl spacklers hat
carl spacklers hat said:

Ended up watching about 25 minutes of the MU/Wrexham match. MU rolled out one of their Academy teams for this one. Thought the red given to Doyle was a bit harsh and agree that the foul on Mullen should have been more harshly treated. Not sure what the composition of the Wrexham squad was, starters, mix of starters and bend, all bench - don't know enough about the team to know.

Something that occurred to me while watching the match was this: Is there such thing as TOO much exposure? I know Wrexham is flying high from the TV show and winning promotion, but is it possible that they get overexposed, to the point that people have enough and start to tune out? The item that gave rise to this question is the overall quality of the team. I know they're a lower level team but to my eye, they seem to be about the level of mid-table USL squad. Will the casual fan stay engaged while the team works to continue winning promotion? I think that will be interesting to see unfold.
What do you think League 2 is?

carl spacklers hat
9:15a, 7/26/23
In reply to Rudyjax
No idea until I looked it up. According to Wiki, its "the 3rd and lowest division of the English Football League." Is your question your way of saying we should know they aren't that good??
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Rudyjax
9:18a, 7/26/23
carl spacklers hat said:

No idea until I looked it up. According to Wiki, its "the 3rd and lowest division of the English Football League." Is your question your way of saying we should know they aren't that good??
Sorry, I just assumed you watched the show and followed the team.
carl spacklers hat
9:35a, 7/26/23
In reply to Rudyjax
I don't, which is why watching the match last night was kind of jarring.
Rudyjax
9:42a, 7/26/23
carl spacklers hat said:

I don't, which is why watching the match last night was kind of jarring.

Yeah. If you think they're premier league level, then it would be.
AgRyan04
9:44a, 7/26/23
Last season they were one level above semi-pro

The story, the personalities, and the town itself are why people are following them....it's a fantastic show if you have some time to watch it
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
9:48a, 7/26/23
score? MU plays tonite,also -hopefully with their first team. Was ticket buyers advised that this was a lower

team game?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
carl spacklers hat
10:07a, 7/26/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Nah, never thought they were Prem-level, but also didn't really think critically about what the quality would be at the level just above semi-pro. Makes you appreciate how good EPL, and even Championship, is.
Rudyjax
10:24a, 7/26/23
carl spacklers hat said:

Nah, never thought they were Prem-level, but also didn't really think critically about what the quality would be at the level just above semi-pro. Makes you appreciate how good EPL, and even Championship, is.
Dude, they were basically playing semi-pro in the National League for the last 15 years.
Rudyjax
10:24a, 7/26/23
In reply to BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

score? MU plays tonite,also -hopefully with their first team. Was ticket buyers advised that this was a lower

team game?
3-1 Wrexham with ManU playing their U23 team.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
10:48a, 7/26/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Rudyjax said:

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

team game?
3-1 Wrexham with ManU playing their U23 team.
Thanks, Rudy!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
carl spacklers hat
10:56a, 7/26/23
In reply to Rudyjax
Again, but for a TV show about a couple of famous Hollywood guys buying the club, I, and everyone else, would know nothing about Wrexham FC.
Faustus
11:37a, 7/26/23
And even that hasn't helped very much apparently.
Rudyjax
12:15p, 7/26/23
carl spacklers hat said:

Again, but for a TV show about a couple of famous Hollywood guys buying the club, I, and everyone else, would know nothing about Wrexham FC.
Perhaps if you're interested, watch the show? It's really good.
carl spacklers hat
2:03p, 7/26/23
In reply to Faustus
Faustus said:

And even that hasn't helped very much apparently.
I would have to care more for it to help any.
Inca
5:42p, 7/26/23
The first season of Welcome to Wrexham was really good. But to be honest, if Ryan Reynolds wasn't an owner, I'd have never started watching.

I'm fascinated by the stories of the town, its people, and the history of the club. I followed them closely this past season and was happy they earned promotion.

Will definitely watch the show when it's released in September. And will follow the club this season.

I doubt anyone in the US had ever heard of the before Ryan and Rob bought them.

I think many casual fans will quickly get bored with it if they don't earn another promotion soon.
Rudyjax
7:00p, 7/26/23
Next season with them killing it all season and still in the bubble is going to be great drama.
Legal Custodian
11:36a, 8/5/23
Lost their first game 5-3 to MK Dons who I think was a pretty weak team last year.
LarryElder
12:03p, 8/5/23
In reply to Inca
Inca said:

The first season of Welcome to Wrexham was really good. But to be honest, if Ryan Reynolds wasn't an owner, I'd have never started watching.

I'm fascinated by the stories of the town, its people, and the history of the club. I followed them closely this past season and was happy they earned promotion.

Will definitely watch the show when it's released in September. And will follow the club this season.

I doubt anyone in the US had ever heard of the before Ryan and Rob bought them.

I think many casual fans will quickly get bored with it if they don't earn another promotion soon.

Renyolds is really annoying I don't find him funny at all
Inca
2:20p, 8/5/23
In reply to Legal Custodian
Yeah, disappointing result. But an own goal at the 6 minute mark is a tough start.

Hoping it was just nerves and adjusting to not having Paul Mullin.

All they need to do this year is not get relegated. Finishing in the top half of the league would be nice but promotion is unlikely.
aggiephoenix02
3:21p, 8/5/23
In reply to Inca
What happened to Mullins? Tia…
Inca
4:13p, 8/5/23
In reply to aggiephoenix02
Punctured lung in the friendly against the Man United youth team. Staying with Rob McElhenney while he recovers.
walton91
4:30p, 8/5/23
In reply to Inca
Have you seen a time line for his return?
Inca
5:07p, 8/5/23
In reply to walton91
I think 2 months. Broken ribs in addition to the punctured lung. Obviously punctured lung is why he has not been able to fly home.
aggiephoenix02
5:56p, 8/5/23
In reply to Inca
Inca said:

I think 2 months. Broken ribs in addition to the punctured lung. Obviously punctured lung is why he has not been able to fly home.
They (the hometown fans), will figured out a way to work that into his legend…
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 13 of 17
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings